PS5/Next Gen Client

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, Jun 13, 2022.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Look. I know a lot are going to just say relax. It's coming. They're working on it. Ya ya. The usual suspects. We know who they are. And I'm almost sure this thread won't get an official response.

I just think people who have been waiting for this deserve to know a little more than what we have been told so far. It's been almost 2 years since this gen dropped and all we've ever heard is they're working on it.

Is there any actual information we can be told about it besides this. Is there an ETA besides just later in the year. I get they dont want to give actual times. We know. I know they are hiring, short staffed. We've been told that before. What can we expect from it. Will there be a graphics update. Better lighting visuals. Bug fixes. Etc.

Or is it just going to be the same DCUO that just loads faster with the SSD. That's all I'm expecting from it.

I ask this respectfully. And I'm well aware a lot of people can't get a 5 or new XBox.

Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

ETA looks like 2023.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Yeah we know that. Great information we got there. This has been known. That only leaves a 12 month window. That's weak. It's been 19 months and this is all we ever get. No information on what to expect of it. Nothing.

If I recall the PS4 client was dropped much faster than this and that required them to go from the horrible PS3 architecture to the 4 which was much easier to use.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

And that is probably all the information you're going to get until the next development update or when the PS5 client gets closer to launching.
    • Like x 3
  5. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Thats the point of the thread. That's not good enough. People have been more than patient.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It never is good enough.
    • Like x 1
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I rarely have complaints unless warranted. I defend the devs when it's right but post when I feel something isn't up to certain standards. This is one thing I feel has been lacking. Don't paint me as someone who never thinks anything is good enough.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

LOL I wasn't cupcake.
  9. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you and go to your level with name calling. But sure. Whatever you say.
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yes, that's not good enough. Unfortunately, no amount of begging, pleading, threatening, cajoling in the world is going to get them to release any info before they're ready to drop. Just look at how people are right now with the vague info we've gotten. Can you imagine the uproar the moment anything more solid is given and they find themselves forced to delay further? They've been bitten one time too many, no more early info until they have something solid to give.
    • Like x 3
  11. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Again. The fact that there is no more information or no information at all and what the actual client they are working out currently will actually entail. Is not good enough.
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

He's not patronizing you, just simply stating facts. Your righteous anger isn't going to change the hard truth.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Cupcake isn't name calling. Everyone loves cupcakes except vegans and people with gluten allergies.
    • Like x 2
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Don't they make vegan cupcakes nowadays?
    • Like x 1
  15. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

No one is trying to change a truth. I'm telling them it's not good enough. Who's angry? Can one not make a thread anymore asking about and making statements without anger?
  16. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Sure sure.
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You are 100% correct, it still changes nothing. About the only thing you could do is privately fund the manpower required to make it a #1 priority. Short of that, you're pi$$ing in the wind.
    • Like x 1
  18. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thats what its going to be.

Although the loading is greatly affected by the internet connection/bandwidth, it could get slightly optimized.

Overall, it will allow the devs to improve the game based on the new client. Thats all.

No graphics update will be shipping with this, unless they push it so far in the future, that those 2 things overlap.
    • Like x 2
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't trust those.
    • Like x 1
  20. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Sure. I still made the thread to let it be known it's not good enough. I had no expectations. That's it.
    • Like x 1