EU server a casus community, how to get into elite content if the community doesn't respond?....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Berza Committed Player

Lots of people giving advice and explanation for the problem you find. But I am going to tell you a story.

Few months ago a player came here with the same problem you have, they were trying to build a group for SDe for hours and they couldn't find a tank. I can testify that was true, I witnessed it as I was online at the time. I have a friend who is a tank. He is a damn good tank, some of the above posters are in the same league he was recently invited to. He was online at the time that player was trying to build the SDe group, and he needed to run the raid that week. He was in fact in an urge for running it, this happened in a Tuesday or Wednesday. Someone in our VC suggested our friend to join the group of this player. His answer was something on the line of "I don't know that guy and they are building a group with unknown randoms from LFG. That's going to be a disaster". Then he started building his own group from his friends list. He built the group and run the raid, and yet the other guy was asking for a tank in LFG.

What I am trying to explain is that we are not a casual community. But we are a closed one. Good players, specifically tanks, are picky because they can. Very few of them will join a group from LFG if they don't know the person building it. As a proof, when we build a league/friends group and we need to LFG for some spot, we always get more/better players when this tank friend asks in LFG that we get when it's other person who asks, because people knows him and knows the group is going to be good enough.
    So I suggest you try to make more friends and make yourself known to the good players you see in your runs.
  2. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

hmm so what im hearing is that over in the EU they dont care for elite as much, and this weird elitist attitude that has clouded the game and likely is wasting developer time is an American thing? see i dont even think there should be elite modes, i dang near pee my pants when i learned about elite plus
  3. Dene Devoted Player

Not to mention the horror of the whole name thing
  4. nawanda Loyal Player

Strichcode is absolutely right. To become someone who gets regular invites to elite raids, you need to have a good reputation as a competent elite player. To get that reputation, you need to run the elite raids to a good standard, and people will add you to their friends list and invite you.

Now, I could ask why, even though I’ve run elite with Strich many times, he never PMs me, but I might not like the answer :)
  5. Tolly Committed Player

I don't know how long it normally takes to get through the elite US players or the pros on the EU, but when I manage to get through with pickups lately about 80/90 min.
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

Anything from about 25 to about 45 minutes is normal.
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

OMG....didn't even think about that.

*Queue new round of 'name reclaim' threads....
    • Like x 1
  8. Monkeyboy Committed Player

The MMO experience is multiplayer online game. Can players find groups for reg or event content? Just because elite content is difficult to form & complete, that's a you problem, not community. It would be interesting to know what power, role & stats your toon is because most players value that over skill. Elite content is not a right just because someone plays or pays for the game. Merging servers is not a feasible or viable option. I understand the frustration of not doing elite bc personally, I shy away from elite content because of other unprepared players & not being part of the "in-crowd" doing elites.
  9. Dene Devoted Player

Worse too because it would be multiple servers/name duplicates if ALL merged
  10. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I played with 200ms for a while and although it wasn't the best experience, I managed to finish multiple elite content and survival mode higher rounds. I know at least 3 people from Russian who played on US just fine.

The only players who probably won't be able to play at all are the ones in the middle east or eastern Russian, but for everyone else I don't think there will be any issues merging the server. In fact at this point it's a necessity, but I don't think it'll happen due to the lack of staff to perform a merge (The last one took them months of preparation with a full dev team)