will homecoming be a PVP event?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DuffleBagBoii, Jun 6, 2022.

1. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

not really looking for details, rather just a slight nod to if I should spend this summer grinding out pvp gear since i deleted it long ago.
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

What’s homecoming? The new seasonal? I’d have a reallllllly hard time believing anything new will be pvp related after like what, 7yrs?
    • Like x 1
  3. Eve YouTuber

Seasonals are never PVP based and I doubt they will do anything related to PvP before, if they ever fix it
    • Like x 7
  4. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

to me a seasonal called homecoming in late august/ early September is is screaming highschool football vibes, i could be massively wrong but all im asking is if we need to farm pvp gear this summer
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

End game gear and a new Superman passive while using all channels is probably stronger than pvp gear from 7yrs ago anyway. A seasonal is too short for that to be something they’d do to the community or without fixing pvp issues before hand. I wouldn’t sweat it imho.
    • Like x 2
  6. Jcal Dedicated Player

That's a mighty long stretch.

Hypothetically, if it was a PvP event, it'd still be a Seasonal. We'd all be clamped/stat adjusted to be at the same level. From Level 20s to end game players. So your gear isn't going to matter regardless of if PvE or PvP.

But yeah... Homecoming, sounds school related. Are there any upcoming DC shows, animations, or comic storylines that they'd be pulling from?
    • Like x 1
  7. Dene Devoted Player

As a player from outside the US - I assumed "homecoming" referred to a comic book thing not a coming of age high school thing.
  8. Skoll Well-Known Player

I’m from outside of the US too, but you’ve never heard or seen anything related to a “homecoming” highschool whatever in any movies or TV shows? I think even in the UK now some secondary schools are having “homecoming” events, or at least when I was in school they were thinking about it. Makes sense for the devs to add another American holiday, they are an American studio based there after all.
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

Best i could find in a quick search, but im doubting it has to do with anything. Zoe / xXxMagneto would have information on it if its public information.
    [IMG]
  10. Dene Devoted Player

Well aware of the pop culture side of it.. my point was it seems very specific for it to be that - the seasonals we have now seem more "generic" for the most part , or at least more widely celebrated/known - to appeal to a lot of people, so a homecoming dance/game seasonal seems weird to me but who knows.
  11. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

True, also just seems kinda random tbh. Like.... Christmas and New Year's, Halloween, Valentines Day, the season of Spring in general, April Fools, the game's anniversary, Saint Patrick's Day, and then..... high school sports-season dances aka "prom lite" lmao. I guess they could make it connect somehow to the Teen Titans if it is that, but I doubt it. IDK what they could even really do with that, tbh. Definitely suspect it's something at least a bit deeper than that. Plus, even a lot of us Americans really couldn't care less about homecoming dances. I never did even when I was actually in gradeschool lmao. Only school dance sorta thing I ever actually did care about was junior and senior prom (though I only got the junior prom because plague :() and that's because prom is a sorta milestone and a very particular life experience so it means a bit more. Aside from that, I quite often would totally forget or just not even know a dance like homecoming was even coming up. So, yeah, that also would make it quite an odd choice but could be fun just for how unexpected and funny it would be. Maybe it's a character's homecoming in some way, like how the first Spidey movie in the MCU itself was titled Homecoming because the character and the property were having a sorta homecoming in a way and it was a play on words. Perhaps this is a play on words, too, somehow. Maybe a new (as in new to the game) character will be brought into the game through this event, hence that character having a sorta "homecoming" in their own way. Maybe someone related to another character already in the game. Like Blackfire showing up like "Kory, I'm home and I'mma get yoooouuuu!" lmao. (Maybe then I could get a Starfire/Blackfire set like I've been wanting for my inverse Starfire character Moonwater)
    • Like x 1
  12. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I’m thinking it’s going to be the seasonal “catch up” event that’s been suggested in the past - some new currency with all seasonal vendors available at the same time.

How does that relate to “Homecoming”? The event would be for people who have been away from the game but have come back home looking for a way to catch up.

As for what the event is based on? Hard to say. I think Trexlight once suggested that it be a Mxyzptlk’s revenge type event; and that could work. When Mxyzptlk is banished, he can return in 90 days. If the end of St. Patrick’s is roughly the end of March, then September would be 180 days later. Superman may have dealt with Mxy in his first return in June; but Mxy’s second trip back after St Patrick’s could be all ours.
  13. Lucifoxx Active Player

I feel like us superheros needing schooling has long since passed. I mean. By comics lore. We have just defeated a MULTIVERAL entinity [Perpetua]
  14. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I've personally rescued Superman & Batman 364774827772821 times, so I feel like I have done my schooling.
  15. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

that'd be kinda lame, in august/September we'll be only a month from summer, a month away from fall , once we're in fall only one month away from Christmas. but I guess it makes more sense then it being a pvp seasonal
  16. Jcal Dedicated Player

Things shouldn't always be about power level, though. Like, I don't see anything wrong with having some sillier or more grounded content every once in a while. Not saying this event is about school, who knows, but if it was it'd just be a funny one-off type story.

Things don't always have to be us vs Darkseid or another intergalactic threat.
  17. Lucifoxx Active Player

I wouldn't mind more grounded stuff if it was lower tiered imo. But I can see people wanting something less involved with multiverses.
  18. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Highly doubtful since PvP hasn't got any update or announcement since, and to expect an all of a sudden event for PvP is highly brave of you.
  19. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Lol they didn’t work on pvp will a full team, why in the hell would they do it now, & what in the world gave u that thought may I inquire
    • Like x 1
  20. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Hmm if it is, that’s probably how they will slide in the wonder girl gear set that lost