No more clamp threads, the real problem is the overly high boss h

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BabyBoyzim, Jun 2, 2022.

1. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Title typo was supposed to be ‘hp.’ Eh, no caffeine yet.

The clamp is unfortunately going nowhere. Let’s stop beating that horse and deal with the real problem with any new content, the overly high hp bosses have. Every raid is not just simply easy, but long for the sake of it. I feel like since there isn’t any substance in content to extend it, they compensate with cheap tactics such as boring slogfests where the bosses hit us with pillows and have near unlimited health. I heal primarily, just keep dps gear for solo missions, but even when in a group of 3 decently geared dps for the new alert, boss fights are such a turn off. Easy, long, and boring. I think the reason with complaints stems from how long these boring fights are. Add some excitement? Make the bosses hit much harder so we pay attention instead of mashing buttons in a needlessly long fight, but cut their health at least by 25-50% so we get a tougher (shorter) fight as opposed to this easy, long bs you keep giving us. I’ve switched mid fight to dps just to help speed fights up a little. Once I got all the feats I avoid revisiting any content due to the sheer boredom of it all. No challenge damage sponges. Joy!
    • Like x 1
  2. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Why do Omnibus alerts take longer to complete than Omnibus raids?

The last month every time, EVERY time, I've run Omnibus the alerts take 30 minutes or more to complete while the raids take less than 10 minutes. WTF is up with that?

If an Omnibus raid takes less than 10 minutes to complete like EVERY single one I did in May 2022 then an Omnibus alert should take less than 2 minutes.

But, yeah, lower boss health would help mitigate the mistake of stat clamping. Or just giving us a boost to damage. (I've been playing another MMO that doesn't punish you for being over-level for the content. It's LOTS of fun and very rewarding to solo raids that use to require 10 or 20 players to complete.)
    • Like x 2
  3. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

If people want challenge and love the clamp, yet people hate the clamp due to the length of battles, I feel my solution is a decent compromise. I’d gladly watch for boss tells that could damage me more and create real difficulty as opposed to this easy content that never ends haha. Everyone wins. Faster/more difficult content. And while they’re at it, every single kill bounty 50+ feats need to be reduced and never be higher than 10. Just never. If I have to explain why, just no. Lol.
    • Like x 1
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

Why does everything need to be done at a break-neck pace lol
    • Like x 4
  5. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Not into TAS and Speedruns?
  6. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Doesn’t have to be beaten in seconds, but what would you rather have personally? Easy content but long boss fights, or hard boss fights that aren’t long for the sake of being long?
  7. Yaiba Committed Player

I finished the latest alert in 6 minutes so I think the health is fine, if you want a fast run, you can bring in a troll :D
    • Like x 1
  8. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Amen! I love trolls, can’t ever find one unless I play on my alt. Whenever I see debuffs on a boss, my heart warms a bit.
    • Like x 1
  9. Controller Devoted Player

Personally I wonder if "Buff Controllers" Cough Cough "COMBAT TROLLS" are a part of the problem.

You see - "Buff Controllers" now have anywhere from 2-3 of our Artifact Slots now supporting DPS.......

Those DPS "already have" all of their OWN slots allotted for DPS-Specific Arts....which means PRESTO!

That is a GRAND TOTAL of potentially SIX DPS.....SIX....SEIS....SEI...SEIZE... Artifacts providing EXTRA Might and Prec damage for bosses which I'd guess contributes to high Hit Points for bosses - and I'd guess this is affecting REGULAR content as well.

[IMG]

The CRAZY thing here is that a LEVEL 200 CLAW is "STILL" not enough for some Prec DPS who want not ONLY the Claw BUT ALSO a COG.....

Just did the latest elite alert last week and burn was FINE on EACH BOSS with my Buff Controller build 200 Claw, 184 Tetra and 200 Rao....me needing to level a Cog as well is IMO an excessive ask........

I cannot speak for High HPs in OMNIBUS content because I don't often run it, so I cannot speak to that.

This is just my personal thoughts....I'd guess that extra damage potential from players HAS to be accounted for with bosses, especially in elite content and I'd guess some normal content as well.
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There are two things going on: First, most alerts are generally longer than raids. This is something I noticed years ago (WAY before clamps were ever in conversation). Alerts are constructed that way because they are daily content. If they made alerts run that quickly it would've accelerated that "there's nothing to do" feeling that players have been complaining about for ages.

Secondly, there's twice the firepower being output in a raid overall. It's just basic math.
    • Like x 1
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

How can they give us hard content when people complain that things are too hard already? Or when it seems like large numbers of players are actually failing at current easy content we have (while others get mad that they might have to teach players how to succeed)?
    • Like x 1
  12. VariableFire Loyal Player

When you Omnibus you're also randomly getting a section of game design philosophy that has changed over the years. Alerts started out way longer than the current designs shoot for. Combine that with substantial less burn (the damage penalty for too many DPS is still there btw) than old raids, and yeah, going to be long ones.

Heck, as much as I'm getting sick of Phantom Zone being the default Omnibus 4man I see, there are much much worse older ones I could be playing.
    • Like x 2
  13. spikeat Well-Known Player

I dont find any of the omnibus content difficult, it's still easier than it was at current level. In the the raids you're more likely to find players who can carry the instance out of 8 players instead of 4 players in an alert. That's what you're probably experiencing.
    • Like x 1
  14. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

Cog and Tetra should be merged imo, otherwise it's impossible to please everyone, and it's already plenty hard to please people as a controller. Hell, our PoT ticks aren't even counted on the Power Out meters, so controllers that use Claw are already scrutinized by people who don't realize that. On that note, ADD POT TICKS TO THE COUNT OF THE POWER OUT METERS, FFS!
    • Like x 4
  15. Aetrius Well-Known Player

I'm not sure if this is accurate or not, but I've been told that the reason PZ pops up so much is that it's the one alert that doesn't actually check for roles.
  16. VariableFire Loyal Player

That would jive with my experiences. I have Role Optional turned off which usually nets me at least the appearance of all 4 roles when I use the Custom Menu. Doesn't help with Omnibus.

Point still stands though. Funny thing is, the five 4mans the most recent hotfix targeted for loot fixing include several 4mans that I'd never use Omnibus for. It's no wonder they took so long to fix, probably no one was playing them, especially Arkham Asylum. Bloody hell that was a long slog before clamping.
  17. Enemy Ace Well-Known Player

I shall continue to beat that horse until it decays, and turns to dust. Then, I will beat that dust until flowers sprout up from it. And then, I shall beat those flowers.

The clamp has no place in this game and needs to end!
    • Like x 3
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

:p
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

I dont mind speedruns, in the speed run community. But imagine if the speedrun community were the ones dictating how the game should work around their ludicrous speed.

Something unrelated but related. :D
    • Like x 2
  20. KidKretz Committed Player

i personally think, depending on the raid, the thousand mobs are healthier and take more time than the bosses :p

but im sure they have all the data collecting going on. they know which content takes the longest, which content gets disbanded the most, which content is the shortest, and which content hardly ever gets ran.

i would LOVE if they fined tune some of the raids based on that info alone BUT that takes man power, and i dont think they have it right now :(