Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Any chance we could get a "make-up" style tab where we can pick particular make-up looks to put on our characters' faces? And could it be unisex? I'd love to be able to have that smokey eye Death Metal Wonder Woman has.
    • Like x 3
  2. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

A talking parrot that says “RAH!!!! Polly wants a Power Ring!”
  3. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Like Maya or Apache Chief? There are a few DC Indian characters (native or otherwise) to choose from.
    • Like x 1
  4. qECLIPSEp Well-Known Player

Yes! I mean everyone is getting attention shouldn't us natives?
    • Like x 3
  5. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

As this seems to be the best place to ask... there are costumes galore as well as an Accessory, even a few Auras... all for "Spring Event" but where are the Sidekicks/Henchmen? The latest two Events are bug based, so... H.I.V.E. mob guys? Heck, a HIVE cannon pet might be nice as well, too.
    • Like x 1
  6. LastRedson15 New Player

Death metal superman
    • Like x 3
  7. Caroline Dedicated Player

An idea for summer seasonal event - Pirate shoulder parrot style
    • Like x 1
  8. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

... this would be nice.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  9. LegionnaireV Active Player

A new Sinestro outfit that the Sinestro Chroma Pack actually works with so the emblem can be seen, and not short sleeved.
    An actual Ted Kord outfit with the BB gun holster belt.
    A Wildcat outfit or at least the head with white cheeks and eyes, black head and small cat ears.
    A Golden Age Flash chest, with the big lightning bolt coming up from the belt to point at the neck.
    A classic Silver Age Robin outfit or at least the chest (with the collar that can be color matched to the cape) and feet. And make the color matching right.
    • Like x 3
  10. Doomsday/Godspeed New Player

Modified fallen god chest idea

Having the bottom half and top half with the line effects have all one color pallet but let the emblem and the belt part of the chest be the other two color pallets so we can have a color changing Superman 80th emblem with a legit Superman chest piece plus Superman emblem for the people who missed out on the original Superman 80th emblem
  11. Cpt ClapBack New Player

Everyone, unfortunately, still ain’t getting proper representation but I agree with you on the game needing more indigenous/native/poc content. It’s 2022
    • Like x 1
  12. Gotham Goliath New Player

A Superman inspired slimline with the low collar chest piece that doesn't have the emblem so we can use our own emblems
    And the chest piece should triple the size of our emblems
    • Like x 3
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

For Player Characters, the updated Human Skins that we got a couple or 3 years back realized what the Human Skins were originally intended to give us: 1 for Caucasian, 1 for Asian, and 1 for Black/African-descent. The facial sculpts are better, and the texture and lighting effects for the skin were improved, which makes the skin tones look much better now.

While there's still room for improvement, that was a big step in the right direction In My Opinion.
    • Like x 1
  14. Cpt ClapBack New Player

I mean… Sure there’s been some decent steps, and I’ve done some ingenious things with what we have, but I tire of still being this limited bec we keep getting some variant style for Batman or Wonder Woman.
    • Like x 3
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

It would help if the Dev that figured out HOW to make the new Skins hadn't left the team shortly after those new Skins launched without teaching others the secrets of making them. Now the Devs that are left are back to Square One! *Facepalm* :oops:
    • Like x 2
  16. NikoManiko Well-Known Player

Superwoman chest style, pls. Also Bombshell Supergirl's scarf
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. Toshknight Loyal Player

well. it happens a ton when a game that is in maintenance level, or update maintenance update level, when a mmo is either moved to a new company entirely "happens to fps Multiplayer games ALOT" but since DCUO has not left the parent publisher, the sub publishers just changed, as well as being , counting development and creation of the game, this code and assets are 15 years old at least. i would think there has probably countless Devs switched out, over the years, it is sorta like ancient Chinese whispers at this point lol, the further away from the original Devs work on this game, the newest ones get the least amount of insight to all the tricks and fast edits to the assets , will be on a longer learning curve, ive noticed some newer styles that don't mesh right with styles that are from 5 years into live service or at say WOL 1 DLC time, to Flashpoint Gotham, the young speedster cowl, does not mesh well at all with hair other then the speedsters hair style, both clip very odd with pretty much every hair style and head set/face. the O.G market place Batman / "Dark Knight cowl" Dark knight Helmet" as well dont work right with certain stuff made after legion 31st century. the new batman cowl, is almost like a batman cowl style made by current level of Devs, so they know how to make it mesh with all the new and some older stuff better then the Original one.

it just takes time, working with the work. to get good. just like any job or task, specially when a time comes with the ps5 update when the assets are moved and able to be restored and refreshed, i think more will be added, MMOs have always been a work in progress from some points of view, no matter who is playing someone will find imperfections ,that are later changed or fixed, like a ongoing beta if you will, SOE/DB/DI, has always had the most fun mmos, but have always had visual bugs that are working as intended in their words , but the gameplay in most situations trumps said bug,(s)
    • Like x 1
  18. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

I think the issue with a lot of the meshes is to do with the fact that the styles are created for/with the powerful stance. With any other personality type one will encounter more and more clipping issues. Although I like the effect on some styles the serious stance has, for example, the victorian cowl and the fuginaut cape style cover a portion of the face, and it looks sinister!
    • Like x 1
  19. Kaladin Well-Known Player

BlueBird's style, its such a cool style and rarely seen outside of comics.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  20. X13-KING Well-Known Player

Can we please get two style sets(with enhanced variants for both) based on Superman's new god costumes?

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2