Is there a general consensus best heal/dps power?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Drake_DuCaine, May 23, 2022.

1. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

I'm leaning super heavy from switching off of nature into Celestial. I also need to run dailies as a DPS and celestial DPS seems to outshine Nature from what I've seen due to Nature being so DoT dependent it's hard to kill anything fast making the dailies a grind on it (I am NOT switching to celestial for DPS. But it will be an added bonus of having a better grind power than Nature). Plus Celestial just looks really cool. I have heard Water is probably the best choice just for the 8 man shield since apparently there's some combo of abilities you can cast to make it have no cooldown. So I'm still on the fence about which I want to switch to but I am personally leaning towards Celestial. The whole combo talk is throwing me off though as I don't personally know how complicated they are but I'm pretty good at casting combos and keeping things in order that way if it's simple. If it's like cast 1, 2, 1, 3, 4, 1. I can keep up with stuff like that. If it's anything else I'll have to look into it.
    • Like x 1
  2. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

The longest combo/ are 3 follow-up buttons after casting. Most are 2 follow-up buttons.

Examples:
    Plaque is- cast, tap melee, tap range, hold melee (big hit on hold melee)

Wrath is- cast, tap melee, hold melee (nicer hit on hold melee)
  3. Aetrius Well-Known Player

I think it's funny. Course I also love TOMbot and Skeets, so maybe I'm just weird
    • Like x 1
  4. Ergotth Committed Player

Celest combos are as simple as weapon combos.
    Like pale rage said, you use a skill, tap or hold the mouse buttons et voilá!
    Also, BIG piece of advice: The combos need some timing, its not just mashing the buttons. You cast the skill, press one click of the combo, your character makes a little power up animation, then you click the other part of the combo.

Also, visualy speaking, Celestial is definitely the most impressive. Similar to Light, the weapon attacks change colour if you're villain or hero, being either dark and shadowy or bright and luminous. And before the revamp of powers, it was divided into "Blessed" and "Cursed" skills that looked apart, bright or shadowy. And the coolets thing is: Each power have both styles of animations because the combos are actualy two skills in one!

For instance, you have the Blessed skill Wrath of the Presence, and ther cursed skill Consume Soul. One Combo to the other, so if you start with Wrath and combo, the Consume Soul will look different and vice-and-versa. Its like they took all skills and made pairs to one another.
    • Like x 2