You just can't make this stuff up...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, May 25, 2022.

1. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

I think this is one of the biggest issues when queuing for raids/alerts. When I first started playing I didn't notice that I was queuing both roles until someone pointed it out to me. The queue doesn't tell you that you are in two roles; it only tells you the role that you have selected for the raid/alert. So, I think that many players expect the game to "fully" queue you in for the selected role (healer/healer, tank/tank, ect) and therefore don' t switch their character role before they select a role from the Omni/Custom menu(s).

I think that the queue should tell you in the pop-up both of the roles you are in, even if it is the same. For example, if you select that you are queuing in as a tank but you are still in DPS mode for the character, the queue pop up should say that you are in Tank/DPS mode.
    That way, you can decide to either stay that way or switch your character role before the queue up timer runs out.
  2. myandria Item Storage

I'll take "Potatoes" for $100 please, Alex. :D

In all fairness, potatoes would not work for my augment slots; I would just roast or mash them. ;):D
  3. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

You would think they would ask why I keep getting kicked at some point lol. I ran into a player who kept quing troll and we kicked him every time but not before we told him to stop quing as a troll. He finally asked why we keep kicking him and thats when we explained what he was doing.he thanked us and said he didn't know that dc had 4 rolls and not 3 and we told him how to find videos to play both his roles
    • Like x 3
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

He died first in a fire AoE and then I made the mistake of picking him up, then we all took turns dying and picking the other person up in between Super Woman's lasso attack. Then I asked after the fight in the chat if he was new to Nature healing, because I could have given him a loadout right then and there. There was no response. I died in the hallway and that was when the other Nature character inspected him and said something in the chat. No response. After we cleared the hallway I started the vote to kick, the other Nature character voted 'yes' and switched to healer. We finished the alert without him.

We can't help someone that's unresponsive to help. They're just going to have to keep getting kicked until they stop and think "Hmm am I doing something wrong here? Maybe I should reach out for help?"
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

No, I agree. You can't help someone that isn't responsive. I've tried halting the whole team at one point and asked and asked until I got a response. And still got none - even with PMs to the guy. Sometimes you do just have to either continue with what you have, or kick or disband.

I'm not even saying you should exhaust all of those options before you kick. But some people seriously think they are doing nothing wrong, and it's you that is in the wrong to question them. That doesn't work well with my initial argument, but both are end cases, and I'd rather run with someone who just dies over someone that gets other people killed.
  6. Great Architect Loyal Player

Trubek says: You can get a lot of potatoes for $100. Cut your losses. Take the potatoes.
  7. Great Architect Loyal Player

All joking aside, some people are awful. I'm not sure exactly how we measure awfulness.

I got told off recently for commenting that a Healer was in DPS gear, no mods and no Augs. Apparently one poster Tanks like that all the time and has no problems. Hooray. It's almost like we should all do that and expect it to work, because it works for hIm. And Healing is the same as Tanking.

Regardless of the fact that I was discussing a constant wipe run.

FFS.
  8. Great Architect Loyal Player

Free players have limited chat. So if they can't - or won't respond, it's up to us to explain WHY they got kicked. I'm completely of the opinion that if you care enough to kick, you can care enough to explain - or, probably tell - why.

Unresponsive guys get told (e.g. Please use some Healing if you are a Healer, or Tank guy - you keep missing the adds.). Responsive guys get leeway on a kick and deeper explanations. But after the wipe, oddly, not in the middle of combat when you really need them to respond.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I'm much more forgiving of that kind of nonsense when we are NOT dying. Generally I won't even inspect someone till we are dying or if, when asked to switch to a role, I don't see the armory animation if they do switch. If they are running rainbow, with no tac mods, in the wrong gear, with the worst loadout....and we are still getting it done, more power to them....let's get it done.

But how often does that actually happen?
  10. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

to me this is expected - a healer that can't heal
    and a player that doesn't understand roleless buff are much better (imagine blocking for health regen)

perhaps DCUO should have a DLC with 4 man alerts and role less buffs as the goal with feats to re-inforce this
    train of thought - maybe more players won't queue for a role that they can't do...

after all DCUO did create this format we play in - so perhaps they should reinforce the actual combo's of role types as feats

normal - tank troll heal dps
    tank less
    troll less
    heal less
    dps less

just a suggestion - as pugs have not changed - hoping that it will change with this post, is likely not to happen
    the devs - don't have that leeway....

BTW do any of you ever add up the total amount you get from having all of one augment (say just might) - the percentage increase is around 1% or it was this for quite sometime - thus having a 'rainbow' set of origin augments is not that big of a deal IMHO.

someone do the math and post - I think someone had posted on this years ago .... and it's likely this still holds true today

thus artifacts are far more of a factor - than augments (like 100x more important)

but if your eye is held to the belief that origin augments are more important - more power to you - I just don't have the same belief

it's like playing with PC players .... and you're on a PS4/5
    they have major advantages - but this is ignored by devs

it's great to have a PC player for speed feats ( you know what the PC player is doing right?)

to equalize the playing/feat field - why don't the devs just add time to the feat for PC players?
    or what about just adding defense and health to the instance?
    then perhaps - players might notice the 'toughness' of the instance
    and perhaps players will not play with each other (to make the feat easier)
    as it is - it's normally a no contest for PC players vs PS players for PVP
    so you might notice that some players just leave instances at the beginning of PVP
    why? they are inspecting the other player of course...
    this also occurs in PVE - players leave because they'll see the rainbow augments - and make the assumption the player is not that good - even though they just maybe a better player.

we're relying on the game to create a match for us to play with us - when we pug
    if you can't stand pugging - there is always LFG

for the rest of us - I think pug'g has become a challenge at times - sometimes enjoyable - sometimes not so much...

but I don't complain about pugging and the game match up of players that it creates - I just accept it and if I need something better I LFG - like for elites....

it might be you need to lower your expectations for pug'g and/or just accept the fact that players will be players - there is a learning curve - and for some it can be a really steep learning curve...
  11. beardrive Committed Player

That would have been my first choice! But when you ask people to play roles, then lax mechanics that ignore those mechanics IDK what to say. To be honest, for me the statsclamps is less of an issue than the "mechanics chaos" that happens in so many pug groups because mechanics are allowed to be ignored and people fail/leave/rage.
  12. Mysticwarriormj Well-Known Player

If your offer for a nature healing load out is an open one I will take it lol. I am doing it wrong. I am pretty sure lol.
    • Like x 1
  13. MrGainey Level 30

Uninstalled this game after 10 yrs of playing because of such stuff going on

Not to mention the 70 GBs of data wasted on my SSD and wear and tear on my video card because this game it is more of a drag then PUBG COD5 or WOW or to even consider your light bill when playing this game it has become unbearable to want to waste it all for what to get disappointed well not me.

You have to live with what these devs plan and trust me the public interest is the last thing they think about.....
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'll pm you later when I get home.
  15. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

I got **** talked by some dude in a raid because I didn't have fully optimized gear. I've been out of the game for almost 4 years. I come back and within a day of being able to run the normal raid, I've got some ******* talking **** to me cause I'm not fully optimized. I love this game but the community is a large, large part of the problem. This game didn't used to have a bunch of elitists for the first couple of years I played it from 2011-2013. Recently it's become that. Ever since they introduced replay badges where people could just non stop grind their way to good gear if they had the money, it's become that. Just a bunch of people running around with maxed out artifacts and maxed out gear. I used to have fun playing DCUO but it's become so bad that you simply can't run content if you aren't completely min-maxed on every last thing. And I get the issue the OP had with it. But I faced a similar situation as what OP is doing but with much lesser infraction.

DCUO folks got to realize this is a very casual MMO. It's meant to be fun. If you aren't winning in the content with the people you're running it with, either leave the instance and re-queue, turn the game off or run with a league. Not everyone takes it as serious and it ruins the experience for a lot of new and returning players when their first interactions are of elitist ******** who money and time dump in the game and then queue pug. Don't queue pug if you want a swift and easy run. It's that easy.
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I still think he was a kid, who prob had no idea you were trying to communicate with him. It has been my experience that some of the younger / new players do not realize we can communicate via the chat box.

I say this from my own experience during the lockdown, we were fighting Hawk man in Metal Part II Into the Dark Multiverse, and this one person just would not follow directions (a couple of my league mates mixed with PUG). Finally, someone in the group got on mic and asked him questions. The player turned out to be a little kid, who also had a mic, and he had no idea about the chat box.

As for how he got this character to End Game, I don’t know; no one asked and he didn’t say.