Episode Spotlight: Justice League Dark

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 25, 2022.

1. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I wish they would make this a lair as well. It would be so awesome.
    • Like x 2
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think the point was that 2x source in a run that will take 3x-4x as long as FOS3/DD (minimum) is not a good driving factor to put butts in the seats for those runs. While 1/2 price gear is a bit of an incentive, that's not a huge discount, and doesn't even require running the content to buy the regular set. If they want bodies in THOSE runs vs other ones, 2x source is not really a big draw, especially for something like SGE when MOST of the players in there won't even have the head augs to cut the madness down and will wipe repeatedly along the way (not to mention falling 100x :eek:)

3x or 4x SM? 2x renowns? Yeah....those might do it. I guess if they just want something easy to put up as a 'bonus' and don't really care if it gets more people to run THAT content...well I guess it doesn't matter then.
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

It's still a bonus. I think the thought of it needing more is just greedy, not calling you greedy, just the want for more. If a player chooses not take advantage of the bonus, they will still be doing what they want if we didn't even have a bonus.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Not every bonus week can be the best bonus week. Not every bonus week is necessarily crafted for you personally.
    • Like x 10
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

What open world maps does this apply to?
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Chaos Gotham
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not saying I want more....I probably won't run any of it anyway...2x or 3x or whatever. Just saying if the idea would be to make people WANT to run JLD (you know....cause it's being spotlighted), and as the main incentive is marks, 2x is not much of a difference....not enough to offset the time difference between that and 'easy' runs like FOS3/DD/Prime. Even the 1/2 price gear doesn't require you to run the content....just have source marks. It's not a matter of being greedy...even at 3x or 4x source, it would still be faster to run DD in 5 min 4x than one SG run.

Take WV/31st spotlights. Those OWs were jumping for those weeks because there were extra Beacons and Aethers available. Those are not available elsewhere, so it drove traffic to those OW areas at least, and I believe the raids saw some upticks as well. Maybe JLD OP cats could drop on LB of the raids (not a ton...but increased chance), or additional collection drops, or add a shot at some fragments in the JLD treasure boxes...whatever, something to bring traffic to the JLD content vs anything that just pays SM.

Again, I probably won't be running it either way, save maybe an extra Alert run for the pet. Just seems like a 'spotlight' should make people want to run THAT particular content vs just gathering some more SM.....readily available almost anywhere. It would be cool to see a bunch of LFG shouts for 'Need roles for SGR/E quick/renown run'...or whatever. I doubt we'll see much of that....not more than "need 4 bodies for FOS3 spam" at least.....those are always running.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mister Hando Active Player

When you see only 4 players on an Old Map, it is very disappointed...
    Thanks for this Spotlight ! :)
  10. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

It’s always nice to see events that help new players and alts gear up alittle quicker. Though it would still be more beneficial to a wider range of players had all the items in that episode’s vendor been discounted, hence episode spotlight. Might attract more players in the map to run bounties and give those gearing up a hand while giving more players reason to revisit and something to log in and work towards as well. Would be neat if that was considered for future events.

For those who already have all the gear, styles, feats, etc. and everything done from the Event’s Episode they still get double Source Marks good for artifacts, allies, and whatever they are working on. Honestly like the idea of episode highlights and giving more players reason to revisit and enjoy everything that episode had to offer.
    • Like x 1
  11. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

As previously stated by others... it really doesn't help much of anyone.

For alts? People can or already spent a few replays to unlock them all.

Long term players? They get more out of fos and doomsday.

New players? They don't even know about the forums or if they do... they probably don't care about them yet and don't even know about this.

Half marks for a couple 50 point feats that aren't even time consuming or expensive. Anyone who knows and cares already has them. Anyone who doesn't is probably in a place where they are preoccupied with the gear grind and this "deal" isn't even worth their attention.

It really shows just how out of touch the developer team is with the player base if they honestly think this benefits people.

I guess there's probably a few dudes that have been around awhile and have yet to experience the content due to lack of interest from outdated rewards... but it's a pretty small target audience.
  12. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

OLD CONTENT bonus week should ALWAYS be 4-5x PAYOUT.. After all, ITS OLD CONTENT. :p

The incentive for everyone.
    • Like x 1
  13. VariableFire Loyal Player

I went ahead and ran Shattered Gotham when it popped on an Omnibus run before the bonus. I just wanted an Omni run done...but I absolutely hate hate HATE that raid. I couldn't even make myself finish the briefings in there. If I wanted platforming, I wouldn't be flight in an MMO. The fights were only mildly frustrating compared to the bloody jumping (and I'm leaving out many more expletives there).
    • Like x 2
  14. Mister Hando Active Player

Yes ! Please no more Platform in the future Content !
  15. Adgtheone New Player

Yes, I see they fixed it from last week. Very good.
    • Like x 1
  16. CM9 New Player

bet ill be there