Dev Discussion Episode 43: New Apokolips Duo

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Apr 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Thanks. But….I did that though, my partner was precision and took off any and all pets so it was just white damage burst, I had no dots or pets, etc. When he goes to explode, we stopped and blocked and did nothing. Rinse repeat. No feat. Did that twice last night. It’s broken!
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

It's not. A lot of folks got the feat
  3. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Well then, how did you accomplish the feat then?
  4. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Took off Stat card and did what illumin suggested and it popped on alts
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I attempted the feat several times the first day of the DLC doing it how it sounds like it should be simply done and failed every time. The next day I put some thought into what in my loadout could possibly mess it up and also considered the ways many feats in the past didn’t quite work exactly as stated at first. I fugured maybe the phase starts as soon as he holds his head and not just when he’s down. Then made the appropriate adjustments to my loadout and had my leaguemate do the same and we got it on the first try.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The “Flames Of Apokalips“ attack just hit me for 120 and knocked me back, THROUGH BLOCK, into an eruption, killing me instantly. Normally I’d have rolled away from the attack, but I was literally surrounded by volcanoes because approximately 48247733 spawn simultaneously.

What was I supposed to do? What is the intended solution for surviving this fight consistently?
  7. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Save all your Burst damage to use it after last explosion, its when the fight becomes more hectic the longer it last. Before that burn him steady and kill adds when they are up and the fight flows way easier.

People overcomplicate this fight by trying to burn him down as quickly as posible (it can be done with 2 really good DPS and all their CD's) and fail miserably because they didnt have the damage, they only thing the did was accelerating the add waves + Brim explosions + more volcanos.
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

This time, I got killed by an eruption IN THE CUTSCENE AFTER THE BATTLE. Just remove the mechanic at this point. It’s broken beyond repair.
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

My dude, I’ve tried everything. This mechanic is pure RNG. If it’s not overlapping with other mechanics, it’s covering too much of the room, or killing you during the cutscene. I’ve tried so hard not to be that guy anymore, but this mechanic needs to go. It is a huge blight on an otherwise enjoyable instance.
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Now I’m confused about the Darkfather lunge mechanic. Sometimes you get loads of time to lunge him, other times you’re already dead because it immediately hit you and then ricocheted into your pets for enormous splash damage. Maybe allow us to interrupt before he starts to fire? I don’t know.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just noticed this, you probably got this done by now. It took a few tries, but we did get it a while back and ran NO AOE, NO pets, NO nothing except burst damage or weapons. I know for other 'don't do damage' feats pets have never counted, like not hitting Queen Diana's shield in COP or RW, but here it does. DOTs as well....never counted before....now it does.

And we did stop burning as soon as he gets his 'headache' but I think it's actually from the time he takes a knee and the 'damage him now' message comes on the screen. I've now gotten it with a few different toons and partners, using this same method.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.