Mepps and team

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, May 25, 2022.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Mepps, can you and the team please look into creating a community poll voting system on the forums? One that allows us to select an option between various choices. So from now on in the future the game will be changed according to the majority of votes within the player base instead of a small portion of people's feedback? This could very well make it more of an even playing field for console players to have our voices heard.

Will this be possible in the near future? This would be a serious game changer for us.
    • Like x 4
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Except the forum users tend to be a small (or at least smaller) part of the community at large. So you'd still have things based off of a small portion of people's feedback. Not to mention you'd probably have people trying to game the system by creating multiple forum accounts to get the results they want.

It'd be a game changer, but probably not in a good way.
    • Like x 8
  3. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

So it was okay before when it was just PC player feedback only?

No, it will definitely be for the better.
    • Like x 2
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They do surveys and Twitter polls and the like when they want immediate feedback.
    • Like x 3
  5. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I'm hoping they can engrave it into the main forum website as well.
    • Like x 2
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Considering some of the ideas and suggestions I've seen put forward by players in the forums, I'd question that assertion.
    • Like x 5
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

Wish they had forum polls, for us who that don't have social medias that extend to twitter.
    • Like x 2
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yea cause that can’t possibly go badly lol
    • Like x 2
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

Be sure to do the Surveys when they come out. Thats where you can voice your opinion on their direction or request something. Thats about all you'll be able to do as Polls o nthe forums is against the ToS.
    • Like x 2
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

DCUO could do a forum poll, with a reason for yes/no. That way they can get a particular opinion on a particular thing that's the focus of what they want to know.

Just for feedback purposes, for the forum crowd.
    • Like x 1
  11. Trexlight Devoted Player

You more than anyone knows we dont need to see that poll here from the forumites hahaha
    • Like x 2
  12. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Might as well just let me decide the future of dcuo because I'll make 1000 accounts and play god for fun.
    • Like x 1
  13. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Like you can't do the same thing on Twitter? Get real.
  14. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

I think it could work out but they'll need forum moderators to look out for unfair behavior.
  15. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Yeah, just look at how non-toxic Twitter is? You make me laugh honestly.
  16. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

If the devs post on Twitter that if people want to vote to head to the forums and put them in as soon as possible, then the groups of people that do know about the Twitter page would flood in here. There are also ways to catch fake accounts especially when you have limited privileges on the forums without an active account tied to an in game one. If I can recall correctly, you can't just make an account online and hop on the forums. You need a playable character account that is tied to your forum account email or username.
  17. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Absolutely. I actually expecting thorough monitoring while the voting poll is in effect.
  18. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

The TOS is stopping them from giving us a list of things to answer "yes" or "no" to?
  19. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Of course the devs would choose a set of questions or suggestions from their roadmap or on the forums that they give us the decision to select yes or no to. Nothing too hard to understand or swallow.

Example:" Do you the players want weapon buffs to be changed for the stats revamp?" Yes/No.

In this case since the weapon buffs were changed for the revamp the selection would have been the majority of "yes"
  20. nawanda Loyal Player

Will never happen in a million years. They don’t share any survey results, ever. There is no chance they will implement a poll feature with a commitment to implement the results in game. There are numerous reasons for this. It isn’t a democracy. Which I am fine with, it’s up to the developers to make those decisions.

But the biggest reason is that everyone would vote down crap like feats in time capsules, and vote up things like new powers and for PvP to be fixed. They clearly know what we want, that isn’t the issue. The issue is they choose not to act on feedback.
    • Like x 1