You just can't make this stuff up...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, May 25, 2022.

1. Hraesvelg Always Right

The privacy bar over the eyes of the toon was the icing on the cake...
    • Like x 5
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

People actually posted in the bug section that the sparring targets were killing them. Guess what was really killing them.
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You think that’s bad? The other day I did the alert and was wondering why I was tripling the dps as a tank. Come to find out that 1 dps had a rainbow and 0… yes zero art. The other dps had split dps and troll gear. Soooo umm… yea. I pretty much soloed the alert lol
  4. Mr Sinister Well-Known Player

First thought was they're just being a troll, second thought was they bought that account and don't know how to play.
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Probably a little kid.
    • Like x 1
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’ve been having a recurring issue with this one player who doesn’t understand what custom play is. He queues up episode 42 in the latest episode tabs, wanting to do the OWW alert. Of course, the duo always pops first. So he goes into the duo and then immediately leaves. Over. And Over. AND OVER. When I naturally tried to inform him of the wonders of custom play, he blamed me for not queuing with someone from my league.

I’ve been generally avoiding alerts and raids outside of double currency weeks for the reasons outlined in the OP. There’s only so much I can stomach. I thought duos were safe. GIVE ME STRENGTH.
  7. Achikah All About That Base

Fastest 'Vote To Kick' run: Any %.
  8. Hamicrux Level 30

[IMG]
    mfw he has a rank 160 omegahedron

To be serious though, I've been playing MMOs since Asheron's Call. I've seen them all and this game wins the title of Highest Number of Clueless Players. I can only attribute it to the widespread popularity of DC Comics, relatively simple combat mechanics, and the low barrier of entry from free-to-play console markets. It's even worse now that Omnibus gives role-relevant stat boosts if you aren't up to scratch, hoodwinking new players into thinking they're on the right track build-wise.

Tbh, skittles augments, wrong artifacts, and mixed role gear players are part of the difficulty in this game. Without that adversity, where would the difficulty factor in? Then again, I'm one of those people who will solo a raid boss in troll role just to dunk on the tank.

Maybe there ought to be an option to block players from being queued with you in instances. That would actually be cool.
    • Like x 1
  9. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

My favorite are the one's who run in Tank mode then use ranged weapons and fight from the periphery.
    • Like x 2
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I had one of those last week.
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Looks like my bank/seasonal farming toons.

Maybe they think augments are pokemon?
  12. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Why are you surprised? This is the result of having CR skips at the ready by cash. You don't need to know how to play the game to get close to end game content. Welcome to the witnessing of the cash cow.
    • Like x 2
  13. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

I stopped doing carries weeks ago, has done wonders for my mental health.
    • Like x 1
  14. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

My favourite part was the fully ranked OP neck

Edit: actually it was the double acro rings
    • Like x 1
  15. Controller Devoted Player

I'm still trying to wrap my head around "Buff Trolling" lol.

I retired from teaching players of the game couple of years ago after seeing symbols in chat when I reached out to offer advice.

[IMG]

I only offer my two cents ONLY when asked nowadays.
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I’m actually thinking about buying a set for my main. I got it on my lowest toon, was 368 at the time and it opened one cr higher than vendor gear. Thinking maybe they open at elite levels since my main is 378
  17. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

item max is 325 irc, making it no higher than the standard ring
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I’ve got a 326 one on my 371cr troll. Haven’t checked the stats vs a regular vendor ring. But if they do open higher, I’m all about more cr on my pet build. Maybe this toon is on to something haha. Well, at least in the ring department
  19. L T Devoted Player

I'm reasonably sure the problem is that this set-up works perfectly fine in EEG/Omni content, due to stat boosting. Once you get to current content it's a completely different story.
  20. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

What's killing them is a little thing called stupidity... and a rank 80 amulet and the fact they were likely not using a finisher... Got to love that thing. It should come with a bigger warning label.