You just can't make this stuff up...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, May 25, 2022.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I know you take your chances when you random queue for the alert but come on. Queued up for the regular alert got in with two Nature healers and a tank, one of the healers switched to DPS. This is going to be a smooth run, right? Imagine me trying to figure out why I'm sitting at half health in an empty hallway so I inspect the healer...
    [IMG]
    And yes that is mostly DPS gear but hold on because the devil brings worse: Heat Vision, Hard Light Shield, Mesmerizing Lasso, Blossom, Voracious Plants, Whirlwind Attack... The entire Super Woman fight this dude is trying to murder the turrets with his Hand Blasters and just stands in every single fire AoE that pops up. Me and the other DPS spend the entire fight chugging sodas and trying to pick each other up. He just keeps popping his shield and pew pew pew while the rest of us are dying.

And of course I say something afterwards and per usual there's no response because this is DC Universe Online where open and transparent communication is preached but never practiced. So I kick. I don't understand why people get this far into the game with no clue what they're doing or how their terrible choices affect the group. It's 2022 and you have access to the internet, Google 'how to play DCUO'. Pull up a YouTube video. Twitch. Tik Tok. Something! Got me over here shouting at the TV, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING STEP BRO?"
    • Like x 13
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Rainbow augs: super op!

Op back: means they gonna rock and roll!

Iconic powers: that’s the meta!

Nature: a killer weed! Attack!!

Claw: …omg, next level thinking right there. Give this person a medal! *gasp*

I dunno about anyone else, but this person clearly knows what they are doing.
    • Like x 2
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Great YouTube title: How to Get Kicked in 10 Minutes
    • Like x 2
  4. BumblingB I got better.

I kinda feel that this was "I wonder how long I can go with this troll build".

It's kinda impossible to reach the max neck and the totality augment without running the content enough or having enough money to buy them off the broker. I think you got trolled hard. I really don't think this is a matter of newbs being newbs.
    • Like x 2
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

Man's thinking he's Thanos collecting infinity stones with them Augs.

I'm dead.
    • Like x 8
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's not impossible if he was around when the Fortification exploit was going on. Either way this behavior becomes more commonplace with each episode. Whether it's intentional trolling or new players getting carried on the fast track to end game, it needs to stop.
    • Like x 3
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

We call them Skittles. Taste the rainbow.
    • Like x 5
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Though i agree that there needs to be something done about in game guidance, but you also have to understand that it's nothing new with wrong gear for builds. Heck back in the day, you used to be able to slot gear that didn't belong to your powerset. They thankfully corrected this, but I've seen healer weapons on a tank. Which resulted in no stat gain at all back in the day.

In this case, I really do think this was intentional. To actually spark the reaction that you are posting about. To prove a point with the whole rainbow augs and what not, but seriously, not a lot of "newbs" can understand the system of fortification. Sure, there were breakthrough bugs that benefited unsuspecting players during a small window, but that benefit is not happening for max neck and augment.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Again it doesn't matter if the player was new or trolling. Neither of those types of players belong in an end game alert.
    • Like x 2
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I remember early on I thought it was a good idea to be "well rounded" so for my first month or two I was running around in a mix of dps, troll, pve and pvp gear...
    • Like x 2
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I didn't even know gear had roles when I first started.
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

I just ran around bare. The weather in Kahndaq was nice, but the FOS raids was a nightmare!
  13. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Lmao yes yes I know EXACTLY how you feel and I have experienced the same type of players and I don't know what makes me smh more lol there artifact set up or rainbow augs or wearing the wrong type of gear . I wish these players understand this match will take much longer and I still can't understand these same players I'm sure they heard of the Internet they can look up anything and most do but most can't look up simple tips for a video game like ughhhh.
  14. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

Nope! The hallway health would’ve been an indicator of how the alert was gonna be. I’d have turned my fine *** around, and walked out. Why should I waste those precious moments in that alert, when I could waste them standing in HOL - whilst reading the absolute bollocks people take the time to type.
    • Like x 2
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Maybe but it's not on us to tell other people what to do. I can think of lots of times having tons of fun in groups where I'm basically the only one with more than a month or two actually playing under my belt. Takes time for things to click.

Lots of single player rpgs for both the pc and console have lots of work arounds to turning your characters OP. Every Final Fantasy game has it. In the old Freedom Force game it was a waste to develop your powers. All you had to do is dump all your experience into upgrading your strength and speed stats to end up with an op toon that can zip around the screen and one shot everything. I'd imagine a lot of new players going from this kind of environment to something like dcuo where each role basically relies solely on one main stat could be a bit confusing.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sad thing is this ISN'T the worst I've seen (although pretty bleeding bad). You didn't even mention the trinket belt basically full of 1 thing as all those pets cancel each other out (timer wise).

And in endgame....normally this kind of stuff is what I see in Omnis. 100% appropriate kick here.
    • Like x 1
  17. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

hAvE yOu EvEr ThOuGhT iT iS yOuR pRoBlEm FoR hAvInG tO rElY oN a HeAlEr In ThE fIrSt PlAcE ????? yOu WeAk As$ pUtTiNg BlAmE oN aN aLt !!!!!
    ... no really, I've got this type of response recently from someone not doing their role properly.

On the other hand, I've also taught other players who don't know how to do their "role" to just learn the basics on DPS first and get them to the level of basic competency. Took me hours.
    • Like x 2
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Meh...even with a skip toon to 310, to get to endgame, you'd had to have seen a few things that tell you this is NOT how it works in DCUO. Especially if they are taking a shot at running a role, because if they did this before they likely would have been kicked before.

I suppose someone getting kicked might not wonder why it happened, but most would...and most would likely try NOT to get kicked again by resolving what they could. You wouldn't even need a deep friends list to have someone tell you that gear LO is awful. I mean vit augs for zod's sake, there's not even a theoretical way that would help.

And yes....if you are running a role, it is ok for the rest of the group to tell you what to do...as long as it's 'do your job'. Obviously this guy was NOT able to do that equipped as such, much less if he's shooting turrets and standing in AOEs, which are not really 'healer' things to do.
    • Like x 1
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It is on us when it comes to group content and that person has a responsibility they are not upholding. It is on us to tell people what to do when one person is ruining the game experience for three or more other people. We all had to go through this when we first started playing, we were told to get good or don't play.
  20. Jcal Dedicated Player

Throne of the Dead - "Event" Version - STU

Queued up and got a low level healer with a mix mash of things including... Rank ~80 Lernaea's Amulet. They killed themselves with priority heal. Dead, get back up, heal, dead.

Did I make that up?
    • Like x 3