DCUO Surprise Style Spotlight

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Oh wow! I need to know what Chroma Material that is!

Also need to know what Chroma is used on this one, as well. And are they using a Face Style to make the helmet look different? o_O
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

That's from the Winter Seasonal, called the "Main Man" both regular and enhanced. They added several Lobo-themed items during that year.
    • Like x 2
  3. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Pleased to make the cut, thats my alt, Red Feast
    • Like x 2
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Incorrectamundo my friend...this is on the Winter Seasonal Event vendor, so you'll have to wait till December to get your hands on it.

Wishes are coming through today...that is the Steel Neon Chroma. That was from an older Resurgence Event. There might be a few left in the broker (around the 50mil range)

The chest you're seeing here is the Abyssal Chest inspired by Black Manta from the Assassin's Time Capsule. Shouldn't be too hard to get your hands on. There's a TC Resurgence Event going on right now...if the Assassin's Time Capsule is not on it, it means the items from that capsule should be on the second chance vendor...super easy to cop it then.

The bracers are the Bombshell Bracers found in Patchwork Themyscira, the pants are Orrery Guardian found in the House of Legends (you'll have to wait for Save The Universe event to return to earn currency for that vendor unless you stockpiled some), the Cape and Belt are called Nabu's Chosen and they're earned from briefings or investigations from the Justice League Dark episode (the last time briefings and investigations actually rewarded us something worthwhile :( ), and the boots are Drowned Amazon from the Wondrous Time Capsule that came out last fall.

The material being used in both pics you're referring to is the Shaded Comic Material (not a Chroma), which unfortunately was a Booster Bundle drop that was ultra-rare. Unless they re-release it in a future Booster box or make a variant, you're out of luck there. :(

As for the second pic, that is the Classic Tech head piece with the Shaded Comic material. No masks added.
    • Like x 3
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I love the looks you got going on there. I dont mind others posting here, but the original intention here was to give credit to other players styles and shine a light on them. Any shots I take of myself and my styles end up going in the costume contest thread instead. So having posters recognizing others, is what I feel makes this thread unique, in its approach. :)
    • Like x 2
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Cool... the real trick will be remembering to get it when the seasonal rolls around! :oops:

I already have that on at least one character, it just struck me as being a different chroma due to seeing both the silver color, and a darker gray color. But some styles do alter the exact shading of the color slots on chromas, so maybe it's just that.

Oh, it's on Boo$ter Gold at this point, I'm like 99% sure it is, anyway. For some reason, I've never completed that whole style set on any character, but now I have a reason to do so! I have a costume or 2 that chest might work wonders for! :cool:

Speak to me not of the Save the Universe Vendor, having those items disappear is one of the stupidest items the Devs have had in a long time, In My Opinion! :mad:

Now see, yet again, the fact that I did NOT buy any Boo$ter Bundles, and did NOT acquire obscene amounts of wealth from the Broker so I could just BUY that Material, this screws me once again!

I'm getting REAL sick of the RNG Lottery nonsense. They BETTER reissue that Material through a VENDOR, where EVERYONE can get it! And the EXACT SAME ONE that uses OUR color palette, not some recolored, color-locked version. I've completely given up on the Boo$ter Bundles. The first time I ever bought any quite a number of years ago, I got the rarest item from those Bundles (one of the OG rare auras that everyone wants) and I traded it to another player to get things I needed that I didn't get. But since then, I NEVER EVER get the rarest item, no matter how many Bundles I buy, and I am NOT going to throw hundred or THOUSANDS of dollars into Daybreak's coffers just to try to get it for one character. Totally not worth it. So if the regular items that drop frequently aren't of interest to me (which they weren't the last few times) they don't get a DIME of my money spent on the things.
    • Like x 1
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Have you checked Rip Hunter in the HoL? It might still be available. The one thing i'm positive on is that you can't earn the currency, so if you're short you are S.O.L.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The vendor is closed.
    • Like x 2
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I have. His store is EMPTY and the items won't return until the next Save the Universe Event, whenever that is.
    • Like x 1
  10. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1