Gamigo

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Elijah Seed, May 21, 2022.

1. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

A friend of mine just told me that back in December 2021 Gamigo's parent company Media & Games bought into Daybreak Games parent company E7 and is now "a significant minority shareholder". I did a search and sure enough report after report says that they are now the #2 individual shareholder owning a 7.1% share of E7. What does this mean for the future of DCUO?

Anyone with any experience with Gamigo knows that they have a reputation for ruining everything that they touch and they lie endlessly to their customers for the sole purpose of generating revenue. They neglect their games and slowly but surely get rid of the people that work on them until the games are in 100% maintenance mode.

If I had known that Gamigo had a stake in DCUO in any way I never would have spent any of the money that I have on this game in the last six months even though it's just been membership. Needless to say, I have no intention of spending any more money on DCUO so long as Gamigo (or it's parent company Media & Games) has anything to do with it. They are a cancer on the video game industry and need to be stopped, in my opinion.

Maybe Gamigo's #2 individual shareholder position explains why content has become stale and lackluster recently? Are they already influencing Daybreak to "trim the fat" so Media & Games can maximize profits?
  2. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not an expert on that topic but dont they have any significant influence unless they own at least 51% of shares?
    • Like x 5
  3. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I’d think it’s a company that buys when the time is right and they like to purchase games towards the end of their life cycles. A lot is changing around here but they’re still making changes and still producing content and this doesn’t seem to change much imo. If they bought it outright, maybe. But non majority shareholders aren’t making decisions, at most they get to make suggestions. If anything, speculation like this hurts the game more than they could at the moment.
    • Like x 2
  5. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Before reaching the DCUO team there is the entire EG7 board, Daybreak games and then DInk leadership. Someone with 7% of a company CAN influence decisions and vote important things, but DCUO is way below in the hierarchy to be impacted by that.

Development is stale probably because they are short staffed. The US has almost 0 unemployment and one of the highest inflations in the world, which means specialized people will want much better opportunities and higher paying jobs to compensate, so its much hard to find devs in time to produce a dlc before someone leaves
    • Like x 1
  6. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Also worth noting that current content was probably being planned/worked on before December 2021, so anybody who bought in at that time was probably too late to affect what we're seeing now.
    • Like x 2
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I actually have experience with Gamigo and they are an extremely terrible company. However I wouldn’t worry h less they bought controlling shares or they outright bought the company.

If gamigo does do this than I would up and quit right there and then. Gaming companies will take part of the profits and reinvest it back into the company for updates and fixes. Gamigo however is well know to rev up profits while cutting fundings for the game. So if they take over then rip

Edit: as soon as I saw that name on the thread name I clicked and and my heart sank thinking the worst had happened lol. Yes it’s that bad lol
    • Like x 1
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

We're at the point now where it's kind of useless to worry about such things until we hear some definitive rumblings of a shutdown looming. Through all the ups and downs, and varied staff changes, this little game that could has continued to chug along...for 11+ years.

I really hope this wasn't the best "DCUO is dying" thread we're getting this year. I know this community can do better now. :D
    • Like x 5
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

THIS time for sure!

It will eventually shut down...and on that day, you can bet there will be people that are crowing about calling it. I mean, sure, you take 1000 shots and one finally hits...you're a real winner, champ.
    • Like x 2
  11. myandria Item Storage

Hmm.. " a 'significant minority' shareholer"? Sounds like 'jumbo shrimp'" to me. :D
    • Like x 2
  12. Tolly Committed Player

from what I heard (to be confirmed) the boss of Daybreak is currently and normally provisionally in charge of EG7.
  13. Tolly Committed Player

Wasn't your training with Daybreak enough to get you used to Gamigo? :D

Basically it's the same thing in real ;)
  14. Controller Devoted Player

You all need to take my man Nick Fury's advice - from the classic first Avengers movie:

15. Trexlight Devoted Player

You are correct. CEO of Daybreak is currently in charge of EG7
    • Like x 1
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Did you get the job then??
    • Like x 1
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Huh?
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Just to be clear, I am not saying that the sky is falling. As long as gamigo does not hold any controlling shares the game will be fine. All I’m saying is that IF they take over than dcuo will follow their pattern they they are very well known for.
    • Like x 1
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

No Im applying for CEO of DiG the studio, not Daybreak the publisher. Baby steps. Definitely want to help DiG succeed further with DCUO to bring some changes for the better and to help the Marvel MMO become a palette cleanser so folks forget the Avengers game from Square Enix/Crystal Dynamics. We shall make a true MMO Marvel experience. One with a solid story AND solid end game....okay decent end game.........okay End Game that will please some but not all LOL
    • Like x 3