Elite player differential getting pretty ridiculous.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AJPro, May 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJPro Committed Player

I know I am preaching Atheism to a choir on these forums.
    But I am tired of all the feat points tied to elite content. Give styles OR give titles OR give stats OR give feat points OR give gameplay extras...
    Personally I will own that so many aspects of DCUO are grindy and "one shot-esque" I rather avoid that paradigm on steroids called elite anything involving multiple players. BTW- It should be noted on my main I have zero issues running elite content solos or duos...but that again is not the point.

But like this new source supply drop -it gives waaaay too much to elite PLUS players. Not only a huge cash gab opportunity, also the look prestige, and twenty five feat points. I am shocked it is not both a supply drop and orbital and the crystals get up and attack like backup.

I mean if you are an elite player and want a challenge to the max....you could question the stats for the gear and the feat points.
    Maybe Daybreak can give a title- I did elite plus raid (insert name) and you suck.
    Or the Elite styles have no feat points or stats and is a T-shirt with the DLC on the front and on the back a hand to pat yourself and a some new catch phrase every time. Like: "Its so easy I beat Elite plus while eating a sandwich"
    I am honestly lost on why Daybreak keeps giving so much to the Elite player...stats revamp, stats clamp, Elite plus, elite gear, elite styles, more game extra, and EVEN elite ways to make tons of cash?
    Maybe the data shows that the elite minority spend more per player than 100 normal players.

I would think you would design feat chasing, in-game cash opportunities, and game play to the player on the fence and not willing to treat DCUO like job.

Like I said, I am not privy to the numbers, this bowing to the elite minority may make fiscal sense.

All I know is the the Elite raids I avoid, the elite gear I laugh about, the stats clamped content I only do for the Omnibus rewards and I watch more and more players leave with all these changes toward the Elite minority.
    • Like x 1
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Adding the feats are there to get players to want to keep doing content that is created. I feel the cost it makes to do these harder elites doesn't really match the actual player engagement.

Of course, I don't know numbers and only the devs can see what players are doing.

I think the concept of Elite+ is unique and gives a SM vibe to players who already had it all, but at this point, it's just a harder point of progression that gates a larger player base than just Elite did.
    • Like x 4
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

So a 25pt feat and some supply drop (that does exactly what any supply drop does) is too much for players spending probably 6-8hrs to beat a raid? And it’s not even guaranteed to get? I mean that’s a little bit of a stretch on elites getting too much favor. The devs give something to everyone or at least try their best. People complain no matter how or where they put something rare. Personally, I hope everyone complains enough that they just remove rarities from the game. Put everything on Mp and get paid. They could have put a special t shirt style in here and someone would be complaining. It’s just how it is.

While I’m sure there isn’t a lot of players trying or completing this, the devs do things like this for many reasons. They’re probably proud that they’ve made a very hard raid that’s stomping some of the best of the best types. Then when (if) those players beat it, they get a sense of accomplishment which is a great feeling to the hardcore gamers. Those same gamers live stream or post videos that in turn drive traffic to this game which helps bring back old players and entice new ones.

There’s thousands of 25pt feats in this game. Hundreds of sp when you really only need 450max right about now. There’s all sorts of rare supply drops and hard to get titles. Because that gives players something to chase. Players leaving because the elite minority continues to get “special treatment” just sounds like a bunch of spoiled children are having a tantrum. The majority of the elite minority spend countless hours on test. They review, they help the devs, they play on test and on live. They help the community way more than most would even know and get nothing out of it. If this is how the devs say thank you for helping, let them have it. When any new content comes to live, it’s almost considered old to a tester. I had already run everything multiple times before this dlc launched. Dailies on test don’t feel any different on live but we do them to make sure the game gets a clean launch. Every single person that was out there would probably be considered “a filthy elitist” by the majority of the player base.
    • Like x 3
  4. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Elite can just go away like midrange damage did.
  5. nawanda Loyal Player

I think the devs are probably giving undue weight to the views of a very small number of testers, who want to put a gate up in front of as much stuff as possible, as it suits them and their incredible egos.
    • Like x 9
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

As I wrote on another thread:

"To be honest, the only gate keeping I see is the fact that they added feat points to those feats, in which only the best of the best can get (approx. 30 total players on Xbox, if even). I was quite okay with Survival Mode having feats but with no points (along with fancy clout items), as the elitists still were able to brag, judge, and shove in everyone's noses that they beat it. They never complained that there were no points attached. I feel that these new raid crit/elite+ modes (if created merely for just the extra challenge players want as stated), shouldn't have points attached, just clout titles and maybe items as well.

Those points I fear will bring a ton more toxicity because players will deny allowing others to get them on purpose, also possibly leading to excessive measures such as speed hacker (not on Xbox, thankfully) usage etc."

And to those who feel there would be no drive or reason to run the Elite+ content without points attached:

"The reason is the challenge, in which elitists have been begging and begging for. That's the incentive. Feat points/SP is attached to player progression, so that's a bit different than clout title feats/items (remember feats are also what give the titles). I'm just saying it would have been fine if it was like Survival Mode where the feats have titles but no points. People still run SM religiously on Xbox especially for clout. Perhaps clout is the incentive because they also judge people for not beating Critical elites as well. /Shrug."

Also:

Oh man... Did they really make it so that Supply Drop (with feat points) can only be obtained in Elite+?

R I.P.
    • Like x 3
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

So I’m assuming everyone against this hates that sports have championships? Or that competitive eating contests exist? Or that a “winner” is ever declared in anything? I sent Tom Brady an email telling him to stop gate keeping the Super Bowl cuz my friends and I are really good in our flag football league.
    • Like x 2
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

That trophy doesn't make them stronger.
    • Like x 2
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Just an FYI, this was a reason why Survival Mode has been mostly abandoned for a few years now. It really was created for players to have something to do between DLCs who has all the best gear. To challenge themselves. But as we know, intentions and results are usually two different things. The first SM was a pretty big success, but each ones after showed less and less interest in them. They ultimately created a vendor and currency system for it, but that was not giving a lot of challenge, as players were either not interested in the rewards or the content was designed to be more completable, so players can get the rewards. So it was no longer producing the challenge idea.

It comes down to players. Players are asking for harder content. Rightfully so, but the problem is, most that want that harder content, want the exclusion. This goes in conflict to what the devs give, because they want the players to run the content they spent resources on. That's why this new Elite+ is at odds with itself. It gives a challenge, but it's also progression. So ultimately, it will be run until feats are achieved by a majority of players that wanted it and then abandoned for easier quicker runs for simple daily/weekly rewards.
    • Like x 1
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Um, that’s arguable. It makes their ticket prices go up which means more money to pay better teammates to make them stronger. It can make them more confident, it can increase intimidation, really I’m sure we could come up with a lot of things that would fit into the definition of making them stronger. And it’s not even 1sp. It’s a quarter of 1. The sd itself isn’t any stronger than any other one. They could have given it elite weapon or jewelry drops but they went with a quarter of an sp and a few dropped rocks
    • Like x 1
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Idk man on Xbox it's ultra popular especially among the elitists. I know a ton of players that would even return to the game if it was available to dabble with permanently. I still don't know why it's not a permanent addition, with each season clamped to the level it was upon release (but without being able to get the clout items). Never made sense that they don't flaunt what they created. It's also good practice. But that's a different story altogether
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Same reason PvP has been in it's current state for 7 years. Resources. The first SM was primarily done by Loche and a few other devs on their time. (Same with LPvE.) So justifying it was easier than dedicating an entire team to work on it. There are sells for DLC content, but there isn't a lot for free content that doesn't have progression to it. It wasn't being played and so the devs abandoned it.

Charon likes to give harder content to the players and apparently they are developing a newer 6 man SM. Which leads me to think since DLCs are completely free now, they can spread the resources a bit more. Except PvP monster, poor PvP monster.

Edit: forgot to mention, the later SM was created with replays in mind and had dedicated resources to it. It didn't sell, which is why it was abandoned.
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Still could just leave it in, it's silly to keep removing it and only bring it back every other year. Just my opinion though. As for pvp, they probably don't even know how to approach it at this point and the devs that coded it are probably long gone. R.I.P.
  14. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Allow me to ignore the rest and just make a point for the supply drop.

If you grind pets in Omnibus content you will make 10x as much as grinding Elite+ and hoping for that rare drop.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, Tunso (combat) and Loche(basically Charon's role) are no longer with the company.

The removal was because it was intended to be boosted with every new season. If it was clamped, it would defeat the purpose of what it was initially designed to do. (For people who completed gear and wanted something to do.) So it would require development between DLCs. It can't just be boosted to new top level and be done, we saw what happened with Save the Universe when they did that.

It is what it is.
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If you getting as good as you can be at that flag football game first REQUIRED you to win the super bowl against Brady, you have a good analogy. SP is toon progression...progression to a football player would be something like working out, practicing, taking 'supplements'...whatever. Bigger, stronger, faster....more accurate in your plays. Winning a superbowl gets you some cash, a ring and mark in the history books....it does not ADD to your ability as a football player. I don't think anyone ever gained an inch of height or 5LBs of pure muscle by just winning the superbowl. Put the 'rings' and titles and trinkets in those run for the prestige of having them (meaning personal 'look at me' prestige, not the League hall kind), leave the SP (toon progression), out of it. For those looking for the personal challenge, E+ and those shineys should still be enough incentive...SM does fine without SP in it...so would E+. I'd be willing to bet that if you told Brady he wouldn't get paid for winning that 8th super bowl, but he'd get the ring and mark in the history books and keep the title as 'most SB wins ever'...he'd still play in it. I'd think he has enough money by now.

BTW....There is only 1 Team in a raid...and you are on it. The whole 'competition' aspect is something we, the users, inject (except in PvP). Assuming you were at that super bowl with Brady, you'd be fine with it because he'd be on your team. The NPCs don't care how many times or how badly they get beat (at least I don't think they do).
    • Like x 4
  17. nawanda Loyal Player

Some really crazy counter examples there. It’s about degrees of difficulty, not the existence of difficulty itself. That’s what people are discussing. Your examples are patronising and reductive.
    • Like x 2
  18. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Sorry, if you want feats or items from elite content then start working on it.
    • Like x 1
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Thank you! This is precisely what I was getting at.
    • Like x 2
  20. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.