Help with Theorycrafting a Water Gemini Healer build.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Vhadros, May 19, 2022.

1. Vhadros New Player

Hey Gamers.
    I'm trying to make a build for Water that the idea of has taken a massive fancy to me, using Gemini and Scrap as two artifacts.

I was thinking of an AoE healing build! Using Priority and Group heals, ofc, but also Solace of the Sea, and focusing on that ability and Gemini's radius healing as well to basically become an AoE healing zone.

So far, this is what the Bar's looking like.

Priority Heal - Group Heal - Solace of the Sea - ??? - Metabolic Boost - Pheromone Bloom

For the last slot in that, I'm unsure to go with a shield, or with Riptide so I can stack Solace. I'd rather have one or the other in this regard, as I hate having to switch my abilities for the occasion.

In terms of a third artifact, since I'll still be using the Priority and Group heals, Purple Ray or Page are still on the table, even though I'm not sure which one is better.
    Honestly, I kinda wish I could use Transmutation Card and get away with it ^-^; but I don't think I can, which is understandable, as Purple Ray and Page's effects are too strong to give up for just much more often and effective critical heals.

I currently don't have Base Mods on this character, so I can't vouch for those, but in terms of Affinity Mods, there's one that if you have 6 pieces of Elite Gear, you have a healing aura around you. For obvious reasons, I want to include that.

Anyway, I await your input. Is this even viable? Am I a delusional moron to even think this setup, up? Or is it actually completely viable and able to ascend my playstyle of Healing to even greater heights?
  2. Tilz Loyal Player

No you are not a delusional moron and your thoughts are not bad :)

I am not a fan of Solace of the Sea personally. I see people using it and it's fine.
    One thing about the green circle of the EoG artifact. The circle is not where the animation is. The circle is actually around your character. So if you run around after using a Supercharge the circle basically moves with you.

Yes the loadout looks fine as it is. Also you can either use Riptide or a shield. Both work. Also depends a bit on the content and personal preferences.

Purple Healing Ray is great as 3rd artifact.
    Transmutation Card is often used as a 3rd artifact when running the classic "full healer" build with Page of Destiny, Purple Healing Ray and Transmutation Card.

The healing aura from 6 pieces of Elite Gear is trash. You won't notice it during content. :D
  3. Tilz Loyal Player

Small Edit on my healing loadouts:

Full Heal with Purple, Page and Trans (or Scrap)

Prio, Group, 8ppl heal, Shield, Tempest Guard, Flood of Power

Prio Group, Shield, Solace, Riptide, Flood of Power

Prio, Group, Shield, Tempest Guard, Riptide, Flood of Power

EoG Build with 2 SC

Prio, Group, Shield, Tempest Guard, SC, SC

Prio, Group, Solace, Riptide, SC, Sc

Prio Group, Shield, Solace, SC, SC

You see.. you have options :)
  4. Vhadros New Player

That's encouraging.
    That's neat, but if I stay around the center of Solace, then they should come around for both Gemini and the Solace's healing, which is the intention, honestly. Rake in those heals and benefits.
    Different strokes for different folks.
    Does personal preferences have more than a sway than the content? Because even then, I'm not sure which I'd use, since I like both a lot!
    That is simultaneously disappointing, and relieving. At least I won't be tied to Elite Gear for a mandatory cog, but shame the extra bit of synergy isn't worth pursuing for this build.
    Ah, if only I could use it for this one. Having an almost 50% chance to just do absurds amount of healing would be great. Shame the other two contenders are probably just way better.
    And I agree, it looks really good, and I'm even currently using it for the stats currently (as I lack the materials to unlock Artifact's abilities themselves.)
    I think it even has synergy, it just depends if Solace's healing actually contributes to Healing Ray, which if it does, will be a HUGE deal.
  5. Vhadros New Player

In terms of trinkets, I was also thinking of using the Supply Drop. I mean, the synergy's a given, right?
    What else would work well with it? Allies as well? Combat specifically, I already know what I want to use for support for convenience.
  6. L T Devoted Player

I think that's true for the supercharge-regen aspect, but you have to be physically in the circle to take advantage of the damage and healing aspects.
    • Like x 1
  7. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Keep in mind, when using solace, that it places it upon cast, with YOU in the center. Granted, it has range, but you have to make sure you place it close enough for the tank to benefit. If you Riptide it, place one real close to the tank/melee DPS, and one back for the range players.

In order for solace to be "good" you sorta need to Riptide it. The heals from solace are minimal, and can easily be compensated for by using something else in your tray.
  8. Vhadros New Player

Still wondering about combat allies. In terms of support, Cyborg's obviously good, while I'm biased towards the sheer utility Oracle offers. I'm unsure if Professor Zoom's passive effect is added on Superspeed's toggled mode, so I could blitz around the overworld damn near instantly. Probably would be a big pain to navigate, though.

Are you saying that the concept of this build, and taking it seriously, was yet another mistake I made?
  9. Tilz Loyal Player

yes.

Cyborg Passive is sooooo good (and easy to level honestly). Rest idk. Go whatever.
    I am not big into the ally game with all those effects and stuff. I just know healer wants cyborg and thats it :D (oracle is just nice to have).
    The Zoom passive is not worth I think.

Pale is not right and not wrogn. SoS really shines with using Riptide and I would only run SoS with riptide. It's still a valid choice to use and switching SoS later for something else is never a problem.

Water has more or less 2-3 optional spots on the loadout which gives many options.

The best way for you - I would say - is to play aorund, try it, learn water and get a feeling for it.
  10. Vhadros New Player

Understandable. I guess I'll save up for Cyborg, then.
    Cyborg - Oracle for support allies... Then who for the Combat ally?

Okay. So this will probably be my bar, then?

Priority Heal - Group heal - SoS - Riptide - Metabolism Boost - Pheromones
  11. Tilz Loyal Player

Hall of Legends is a nice ST damage Ally and cheap.

Yes that bar looks good. I wouldn't run it myself but thats because of my playstyle :D
  12. Vhadros New Player

Right. Thanks for the help, I got a generalized look at what it's to be... Barring the final artifact slot, which I'm still undecided on between page or ray, as either could benefit my playstyle as a healer. Maybe I'll go page, since I do end up group healing a lot...
  13. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Not at all. You mentioned your last slot you were unsure about a shield or Riptide: so I was simply suggesting Riptide, so you get 'full coverage' for the team. With one solace close range (so tank and meme can get the effect) and one further back for the range DPS to get the full effect. After reading my comment, I can see how it might have been taken, and perhaps I could've explained the reasoning better. But your build looks good, better in my opinion with selecting riptide as your last power, for the 2 pools reasoning.

So when you cast your first pool, run up close to melee to place it, then back to range to place the 2nd.
  14. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Another suggestion for combat ally, would be Nubia. As a healer, your duty isn't to do damage, but you can. Nubia will cast one heal upon summoning her, and another before she leaves, that hits the group. It's a noteworthy amount of healing she does too (fully ranked).
    • Like x 1
  15. Vhadros New Player

Got it. So my setup is settled as
    Priority - Group - SoS - Riptide - Metabolism - Pheromones
    It leaves me without shields, sadly, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue... Right?

I don't remember seeing Nubia in Cyborg's shop, but maybe I'm blind. I'll keep this in mind, thanks. She sounds like a perfect fit.
    • Like x 1
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

My water healers EoG setup was prio/group/solace/super/super/super (2 movements and bloom) with scrap/ EoG/ trans. For a non spam it was prio/group/solace/8man shield/ 4man shield/ flood of power and had no issues healing pug end game. Full resto spec, I did hybrid for that one, and an extra 100sp into dom. Everything seemed pretty easy to heal either way but never took her into elites since my main is a healer/ dps.
  17. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Regular content shouldn't be a problem at all with this setup. I'm not sure Nubia is in cyborg shop, can't remember where I obtained her.
  18. Rejchadar Inquisitor

You get Nubia ally after opening 25 "Wondrous Time Capsule" (after opening this feat with RB you can get this ally on any alt...)
    • Like x 1