It's time for Episode Spotlights to drop Double Renown

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Catastrophic Repercussion, May 19, 2022.

1. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

From what I can see on USPC/PS, calls for Metal raids haven't really increased in a significant way this past bonus week.
    It's been a minute since bonus renown is talked about, how about an approach like this?
    If the spotlight's aim is to let people catch up on a specific set of content, I don't see why not add some more incentives outside of source marks.
    • Like x 17
  2. Eve YouTuber

This is a really good idea. +1
    • Like x 2
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Now there's an idea!
    • Like x 2
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I've been down with this idea for a while. Especially on a spotlight week, but even if there was a 'renown drop booster' or something you could buy (generates money!). Putting the pets in some runs has helped THOSE runs, but ones without them are still pretty dead.
    • Like x 3
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Fif-deded
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

+1
    • Like x 2
  7. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I didn't expect this one to garner so much support! Thought this might be too niche that no one would care.
    Now to see if the devs would take this into consideration :3
    • Like x 1
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I understand and like the idea, but it's not really needed. The grind is simple enough already, really (especially now with no loot locks). Doesn't the anniversary raid drop random renown boxes? Maybe more stuff like that could help.
  9. PickArole Well-Known Player

No offense, but why make harder content and then make it easier to get the rewards from it? Make it easier, just give a participation reward ? Start the raid, get the medal and leave. No challenge, just free renown.
    • Like x 1
  10. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I think Catastrophic is referring to being rewarded at the end of completing elite content with say double renown instead of double source marks as a bounce week.
    • Like x 2
  11. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Yeah, I don't get the complaint, it's not like asking for elite rewards to be handed to us on a platter.
    Just another incentive so people are more likely to be on the same page ala Legends PvE week.
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's a matter of having to run these runs X amount of times. Running X amount of times when a raid is 'current' or a few eps old is easy....you can run 1 or 2x a week most times (heck...I know people that get full renown 1st week for some reason), the task is not hard. When it was current you'd get current gear and current marks. Yeah, you could be working on a feat too...but when the run was current groups were plentiful. Now cut to a year or 2 later, and even with these new pets shoved in there, the only time many old elite runs get run is for a feat run. No one is running OLYE or CrownE for marks and gear because you can get the same marks and gear running Doomsday or FOS3 and do it MUCH quicker. So while the content is not any harder (easier is debatable sometimes) getting in groups to run it IS harder...slower...more tedious. Now admittedly, the dropping of loot locks does help as if you do get a group, you can farm renown for free...but who is really doing that? I've seen people shouting for it in LFG going on 2 hours...not sure if they ever got in 1 time though.

A bonus renown week would help alleviate that, and would help drive some traffic to the abandoned runs. Look at LPVE 10x weeks....during those weeks LPVE is jumping on maps that otherwise are avoided like the plague. Those runs are no more harder or easier than the week before...just more active....and no one is asking for 10x renown.
  13. PickArole Well-Known Player

Ummm... My response was pure sarcasm.
  14. PickArole Well-Known Player

I think bonus renown rewards would be catastrophic!! The puggers think it's hard now, the nobody's would flood the place! Lfg would even be spammed with 350 cr 100 level arts and 100sp. My opinion...
  15. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I think it would be a pretty small addition. It takes 11 raids to max out renown. There's 2 raids. 5 or 6 times for each doesn't sound like that awful of a grind and chances are they're starting from more than zero.

I would much rather see triple source marks and/or an increased drop rate. Thats something we could all benefit from and it will get attention from the elite crowd as well.

Who wants to run an old elite raid with 7 players that need renown? That's a horrifying thought. It's bad enough when we forget mechanics, let alone never even witnessed them before. People don't usually have the patience for that when it comes to outdated rewards that aren't very enticing.
    • Like x 1