Indecisive about which Healer power to pick.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Vhadros, May 15, 2022.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

try playing them to see which you think fits you better
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

If you like to melee, I’d say water. It has a strong AoE melee dps and a pretty strong range ST. Healing side has a lot of viable options. If you have a lot of sp, you can do a shielding build that will make you look like the lowest output healer ever but it’s because the team is taking such minimal damage. Max resto then a lot of sp into dom. I switched my water toon to electric a little while ago and I’m missing it. Electric is fun but for both roles, very basic/ only works well with cookie cutter build. Both water and electric can do well with prec tho electric is a clear better choice of going that route.
  3. Vhadros New Player

I ended up picking up Water, and I'm having a blast with it using Riptide to stack Solace of the Sea. I'm trying to raise myself up to the point of a Gemini Build (Gemini, Scrap, and Purple Ray), but I don't know the loadout.

With my character, it'd probably be something like
    Soothing Mist (Priority Heal), Mending Wave (Group Heal), [Undecided], Pheromone Bloom (2500 SC), Metabolism Drain (2500 SC), and Speed Drain (2500 SC)

What would be good for that last slot? and secondly, would Blessing of the Depths be better than Mending Wave as a group heal?
    Thanks.
  4. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

If you're running page of destiny in place of purple, then group heal is best for all content. If you prefer purple, then switch if you prefer, but isn't the cool down longer for the 8 man heal? Could be problematic.

For your undecided slot, I would suggest going superpowered spec, and using tsunami strikes. It isn't just a combo attack, each hit also generates a heal to the most injured group member. So it's kinda like having a constant 'mini priority' going. If running page, hit group heal after every combo to get revivify stacks on as many people as possible.

Here's a water build I use for elite alerts: I know you mentioned you wanted to do EoG healing, but the EoG build will work here too.
    Superpowered spec
    Critical healing/magnitude max
    Restoration max
    Remaining points into dominance
    Using trans, page, purple (or eye, scrap, page)

Loadout:
    Tsunami strikes, group heal, priority, bubble, tempest, Riptide.
    Tsunami strikes combo, group heal. Bubble (or tempest), riptide, tsunami combo, group heal, tsunami combo, group heal, bubble (or tempest).
    The idea is to switch shields each time, and got a shield running almost constantly.

For EoG: spec hybrid and use a weapon combo
    Group heal, priority, bubble, riptide, 2x- 2500 SC's.
    Use bubble when riptide is ready to reset it.
  5. Vhadros New Player

Hilariously enough, I'm already doing that. Have an excess of Power, though, so using Tsunami Strikes would probably put it to use better as a sort of battle-gemini-healer?

I actually don't know if Page or Purple is better, I've just been using Purple since in the content I'm currently doing (Tier 1-2) I don't notice me using the other two heals often since my shields and my Healing Circle barely makes us take damage to begin with, but with the change in playstyle that Gemini will cause, I think it'd probably be better, yeah.

Do I even need three 2500SCs? I can save on skill points if I only use two. I haven't Gemini-Healed before, so I'm unsure.

Wait, no, that answers that. Gonna give the respec a visit and reassign my points soon so I have more to work with when trying to max out my healing crit rate.

Oh, speaking of which, I'm trying to max out my healing crit before investing into Restoration, which is PROBABLY a bad move, but in the early content I'm in, it shouldn't be *that bad* of a decision, right?
  6. Art New Player

I’m thinking of switching to water as well but my artifacts are trans & strat cards. I’ve no third yet, still haven’t decided what to pick. I’m new to the game, CR 200ish, with 72 SP Dual Pistols lol. Any idea what 3rd artifact I should use for water? I’m Electricity for now, will be swapping to water very soon.
  7. Ergotth Committed Player

Purple. No matter the power, for a healer, Purple is the absolute best artifact starting at lv120 to get the cooldown-reset and power regen.
    • Like x 1
  8. Vhadros New Player

So going Gemini - Scrap - Purple is best for Water Gemini Healer? Not Gemini - Scrap - Page, like Pale Rage was suggesting?
  9. Tilz Loyal Player

Some people prefer Purple and some prefer Page. :D
  10. Vhadros New Player

Well, after doing my first raid as a healer, I noticed that I spammed both types of heals, so I think Purple would be better for me.
    Or does the fact that I spam the heals overall lean me towards benefitting more from the page...
    Either way, my build idea of "AoE Water Healer Heaven" is crushed since nobody wants to be near a Water Healer with a doubled over healing zone, apparently.
  11. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Everyone has a preference, I'll note the "best benefits" of both artifacts:

Purple ray- once charged, you're going to get a nice chunk of power back when using group or priority heal. You get to determine when to use it, unless an emergency pops up. Priority heal places a nice shield on the most injured member and you. The group heal will put a break over time on 4 people.

Page: those revivify stacks will save a life in higher content, when getting big hits. Once revivify is used, it'll start stacking again. Then, at 200 group heal will hit 6 people. That alone is very nice.

If you've already noticed that some people don't stand in the pool, then you'll notice later that not everyone can stand in the EoG circle as well. Especially when the group "must" be spread out (like in Birds of prey raids).

To compensate for not using purple ray, the cyborg passive (regains power) fixes that issue, when page is 200 (for the 6 man group heal).

Tsunami strikes makes for a "good" battle healer setup. Really good. But, it's nowhere near as strong as a precision based battle healer.
  12. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

With your setup, I would suggest page again as your 3rd. Here's why: with strategist, you want more heals hitting, to get that crit chance heal over time with strategist proc. So my suggested loadout for you would be:
    Superpowered spec.
    Tsunami strikes, solace riptide another solace, group heal, guard, and bubble.

Your 2 solace pools will keep everyone healing from hits, tsunami will keep your tank topped up, group heal for big hits (getting 6 people with page) while using bubble as an emergency tool. Use guard before big hits to mitigate damage in.
  13. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Electric makes a VERY potent healer. It is my opinion, that a hybrid build, with transformation, Clarion, and demon fang/or purple, would be the best suited artifacts. I use trans, Clarion, demon fang, and do wonderfully with electric.
  14. Henoshock Well-Known Player

Solace has a huge range. It's not the pool of water on the ground, it's to the edge of the floating jellyfish. I'm estimating like double the radius of the visual pool? Something like that.

In my opinion you should basically always run Priority + Group Heal with PHR. The rest of the slots are up to you. The moves I would consider are Bubble, Tempest, Solace, Riptide, Blessing of the Depths (BotD), and sometimes Flood of Power.
    • Bubble: I would just run this when you don't know what else to run, healers' 4-man shields are always good to have.
    • Tempest: Nice on paper but it's a pretty weak shield and doesn't last very long, IMO only useful for certain content in order to block unavoidable damage that hits the whole group (e.g FFe Brainiac's pull, CoUe LB pushback). Or save them from some one-shots (e.g. Atlantic Throne E first boss slam, TSWe Proma's stomp, Dark Knights' mechanics). If you are a nice healer you can run this, I just run Bubble usually and let 4 people fend for themselves.
    • Solace: Also pretty niche IMO, when there's a DoT on the group (or they just take random damage) I'd run this. Usually with Riptide, but not necessarily (depending on how big the DoT is). Can't think of anything right now where's I'd actually run this. Would probably do it in Omnibus since there's not much there to heal so I can AFK.
    • Riptide: Whenever you need to reset a cooldown. Solace + Riptide is popular but not always the best. Bubble + Riptide has 100% uptime, Tempest + Riptide means you can block more mechanics, even Group Heal + Riptide is ok very occasionally.
    • BotD: Very niche, when you need an 8-mean heal. Typically not necessary since you can get PHR proc on Group Heal, or run Page of Destiny (at 200).
    • Flood: If you're full healing this is a good supercharge, big shield for yourself and resets all cooldowns (noticeable when using shields like Bubble, Tempest, Riptide).
    Typical loadouts I run:
    Full Heal: Prio - Group - Bubble - Tempest - Riptide - Flood
    EoG: Prio - Group - Bubble - SC - SC - SC/Tempest