How Is This Acceptable To Anyone?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GregTheFarmer, May 16, 2022.

1. GregTheFarmer Active Player

TL : DR - Page of Destiny artifact on Celestial doesn't work and the devs need to fix.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...stiny-celestial-healing-from-afar-bug.312517/

How is this even remotely acceptable from a dev team? This bug has been around and gone unfixed and completely ignoreD for 2.5 years. This is beyond ludicrous, that bugs like this go completely ignored. And this isn't even the longest running bug thats gone ignored by these devs. Their are bugs in this game that have been around since launch. So I have to ask what are these devs doing? Its a sincere question because they certainly aren't fixing bugs. Their are tons of other games that release bug fixes on a daily and or weekly basis. This game used to do that all the time with daily restarts and massive bug fixes with game updates....now game updates are just seasonal release, various events, Time Capsules.

You know I was talking to a leaguemate the other day and we were joking (idk at this point I may be serious) that if you expect ZERO results out of this dev team you'll never be disappointed. My expectations out of this dev team have been slowly eroding from the 8 or 9 that I had almost 10 years ago to a 2 maybe 3. But it seems that even with my expectations woefully low that I'm still going to be disappointed.

And before someone tries to white knight for the devs or make up excuses....let me shoot down one of the excuses you people will inevitably use "The guy who made that artifact doesn't work for them anymore". Well if the devs are worth their salary then maybe they'd expend just a little effort and try to figure the damn thing out and fix it after all thats what they're getting paid to do.
    • Like x 1
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

But… but… there are devs who have made stuff and eventually moved on. Look at the league hall as a perfect example, the person(s) who made it and then left and then published it half-*** and that’s why it got left behind and all the cool looking **** behind closed doors. So it’s definitely a possibility…
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

If you go to the Careers page of the DiG website, they have job openings and you can apply to work on these yourself. Its certainly not the answer but if you feel you can help fix them, apply and get in there.

The Devs know of the bugs but they also have to triage the severity. Since even for me, this is a new thing I didnt know. If there are also bugs from launch, please be sure to report them but also understand, even from launch, there might not be much fixing that being such old code but its always best to launch.

Now with this not working like it is, I agree this has gone far too long and as we approach the time for new Episode and possibly a new Artifact, this thread certainly needs to get some more traction. The Dev team is decent in size but everyone has a job to do to stay on point so things arent late. Working through deadlines everyone has to find time to fix things like this and thats me speaking as a Project Manager. It sucks and its not laziness. Its just bad circumstances this hasnt been fixed yet but I hope this gets looked at sooner than later now.
    • Like x 1
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yes it sucks that this is broken for us and should have been fixed a long time ago but we really dont need it there are plenty of other healing artifacts
  5. GregTheFarmer Active Player

One of the 1st things I do when think about applying for a job is research that company and let me tell you, the reviews aren't fantastic and I would also stumble across articles that show that multiple devs have left in the past few years. After seeing that kind of stuff, that wouldn't give me great confidence in them. And I'm more of a IT person, and let me tell you that if a computer went unfixed for 2.5 years I would've been fired within a few months if not quicker.

Yes I know this is a prioritization thing, duh. But this is a bug that they absolutely should care about, ESPECIALLY since people paid money for this artifact. But I guess Daybreak logic is pay us even more money ($10 to switch powers) and we just wont fix it, win win. Which is a great way to alienate your customers, but Daybreak has that routine down pat too.

Even with making new episodes (most of it is copy/pasted anyways), surely in 2.5 years SOMETHING could have been done. But we aren't even getting an update or acknowledgement from the devs or even Mepps. If this was a couple of weeks or even a month or so I could give that a pass....but 2.5 years? NO PASS. 2.5 years in the realm of unacceptable. And some of these bugs that have been around since launch have been reported HUNDREDS OF TIMES over the years and they go unignored. The stealth/invisibl PS lag, loot menu bugging out after fat fingering the loadout key at the same time you hit the look key, invisible players, etc. These have been reported but players have given up and now a ton of ma veteran players joke that its a feature now, not a bug because its been around for so long. But its ludicrous that we have to see it that way.

This next part is more a reply to the community as a whole:

And all that being said EVERYONE should hold these devs to account and expect results and not white knight for them. Imagine if you ordered something from Amazon and they repeatedly messed up your order or just didn't deliver something to you. Something tells me you wouldn't be a customer for long. This is the only thing product/service where I see customers make excuses for the failures on a daily basis and its always the same players that make excuses for them, blindly defend, say things are super great before even understanding whats happening,etc. None of this is acceptable and all of those people are actively ruining this game because they aren't holding these people to account. I praise the devs when they do good, and admonish them when they screw up. If more people were objective like that this game would be better. But more people need to hold the devs' feat to the fire.
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

Youre certainly not wrong and myself and everyone do hold the Devs accountable due to this bug existing for so long. Even in my post I mention it multiple times. I feel the problem you see in calling some "white knights" is that we dont froth at the mouth and type hysterically demanding this and that. When you come calm and collected you get a better response or even better communication. Everyone praises and calls them out on their screw ups. This is obviously a big screw up. But Im also not going to go out of my way to sound rude about it. I certainly understand the feelings around and I cant stop or control someone having those and typing them up. All i can do is offer advice and try to bring understanding and soothe the pain. If trying to be rationale is white knighting then please show me to my horse lol.

Im not a man of any power but I certainly want to help and I sent Mepps a message about the thread and he doesnt respond and thats fine. I know I at least tried to put his eyes to it and responding to that Thread of the bug post still helps. Again, Im not happy about this bug lasting this long and if you want to "put the devs feat (hehe) to the fire" then go ahead. I can only imagine other stuff took precedent but this does need to be addressed and Im even looking to test other Healer abilities to see if Page is messing up there too.

Also I do project management for my IT Department. I definitely have a computer sitting here longer than 3 years not working "properly" but it does work. Its certainly not efficient but does it do the job? Yes. As long as the ability is still doable then i can see it not being a first in line fix but agreed, moving closer and out positioning yourself to put one in harms way JUST so the ability is used, yeah that needs to be fixed for sure.
    • Like x 2
  7. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not sure I'd say 'hold their feet to the fire'...but yeah, a 2.5 year glitch on something that likely cost someone money...maybe lots of money...is a good starting point. It's not quite the same as the Amazon analogy, as fixing an errored order is just someone not paying attention to whatever system conveys the order.

I'd say it's more akin to bringing your car to the shop repeatedly for say brake issues....and repeatedly having the car given back with the same issue and the mechanic saying "yeah....we can't find time to look at that now....drive carefully"
  9. KidKretz Committed Player

not gonna lie, i kinda wish this had a different/better title to convey the information better..

i can say, i recently shared a story with a omni run with a min level healer having precision and might augments, because he just didnt know how to build, and i think the dev team could do a better job at teaching ppl post 30 play and roles, however, one healer artifact he did have and was of decent level was page of destiny, so now it has me wondering if this contributed to the problem as well.
  10. GregTheFarmer Active Player

It still heals 6 people, the Revivify thing doesn't work though which is the main benefit of the artifact.
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

In an Omni run, that player should have at least had their stats boosted to “correct” healer stats no? I’ve seen people say that’s how Omni works. You don’t actually need to have anything resto related and it will grant you what you need if you’re in that role and anything you have extra gets added. So even with wrong everything, they should have had some healer related stats.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Yes, you can come in dps gear and get your healer stats boosted up to bare minimum.
  13. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

14. Hraesvelg Always Right

I do like all this sturm und drang and then Charon just casually drops this...

• Like x 2
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. GregTheFarmer Active Player

So they just found a bug fix laying around in the couch cushions after 2.5 years? Or have they been working on this thing for 2.5 years and finally found a fix and it just coincidentally coincides with Trexlight saying he PMed this thread and the bug fix thread to Mepps/the Devs? And if they've been working on this for 2.5 years and finally found a fix what caused it to be broken so hard in the 1st place. While I'm really thankful this is happening and can't wait to see celestial heal getting more OP. It does strike me strange.

But then again Daybreak has made a skeptic and made me take everything they say/do with a Olympus Mons sized grain of salt.