Today I saw something new.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Great Architect, May 17, 2022.

1. Great Architect Loyal Player

Had I had the presence of mind, I'd have recorded in the time I was able to...

I've seen speed hacks. They still generate hit numbers over the target.

This was a no-indication one-shot, and a few seconds later the same on DarkFather. In Elite. I'd barely chosen my loot from Brimstone when the second loot chooser popped.

As far as I can tell, the guy never engaged either of the bosses. They simply died.

Can anybody shine some light on this?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Speed hack.
  3. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

If looks could kill. Maybe you had a lapse in memory between choosing loot items.
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'm not 100% sure of that - no numbers, and a one-shot on two bosses in current Duo Elite? I'd expect to see 1000000 1000000 1000000 trails.
    Nothing. Brimstone and DarkFather literally went from "Raaaar!" to sat down. Split second. In Elite.

I shall repeat: I have seen speed hacks. I am not a lunatic. This happened.

Any suggestions that I have not already covered and don't question my state of mind?

The only thing I can add to help is perpetrator told me to "BE QUICK!".

I do have some video and screenshots after this, but I'm not sure how useful those are.
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

Maybe you're bad at reading. I'd prefer to give you the benefit of the doubt. MAYBE you can do the same for me before guessing. Would you please kindly address the facts as reported?

Your suggestion would require me to forget an entire Boss fight in Elite. Do, please, explain that.
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i once had a vision of a dwarf chasing a legless man.
    • Like x 1
  7. Great Architect Loyal Player

Fine. Nobody wants to take me seriously. I'm sure I'll be vindicated, but in the meantime there's nothing left to say.
  8. Controller Devoted Player

The funny thing here is that when folks actually REPORT strange things - as ENCOURAGED - they / we sometimes get ridiculed for it.

I personally believe you - if you were able to I would've reported it.
    • Like x 2
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So theoretically the person cheating would have killed them during the cutscene. Brimstone is sitting in the room to the left, a speed hacker can teleport through the wall and kill him. You wouldn't have seen numbers. And they would have been white numbers, not yellow. Speed hackers only use weapons.
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

What did the scoreboard say?
  11. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I hit a goat on the way home from church this past Sunday. It popped right up and ran away. Just sharing :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I see no reason to disbelieve you. we know that speed hacking is rife in the game at the moment. I mean, I'm running into them almost daily on the EU. wouldn't surprise me, in the least. it's what the game is, now. breaks my heart, it does.
    • Like x 1
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

it was new.
  14. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Did he catch up?
    • Like x 1
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

That video exists on YouTube, of course. I'd post it, but I'm sure someone would object to nomenclature.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Honestly it sounds like Mepp's 1 shot trinket. Pick target....hit trinket...dead target. Assuming it's an asset in the game hidden somewhere, maybe some hacky-hack figured out how to grant it to themselves. If so, it would probably look like what you saw.

BTW...if that is what it is....we should all be prepared to start seeing it, as these morons don't seem to be able to keep it under their hat.
    • Like x 3
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

they are taking you seriously we all know speed hacking is a problem and have seen it before. The few above are messing around and just that kidding with you
    • Like x 1
  18. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

The Shazam glitch is back!
  19. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I saw this exact thing happen to Superman in the World Forge raid, he gives his little speech, and I put my fingers on the controller buttons and it was over. I remember someone else in the group saying something to the effect "whoever is using speed hacks, please stop" and it didn't happen again.
    • Like x 1
  20. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]