New DLC is great for dividing the community...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, May 17, 2022.

1. Wallachia Devoted Player

No, emotional teenager, it's not the developer's fault that you can't find people to play. 500 SP isn't a testament of skill.
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

I would agree with your accessibility point if it weren't for the fact that there's also a duo and alert to gain renown from. Just having one raid sucks either way though, IMO we currently don't have enough content keeping us engaged enough to justify just 1 raid.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Hopefully soon we will have 2 raids per episode again and that should give a bit more variety with different developers on each raid.

You are allowed to not like the DLC, I never said that. But you can pitch your ideas about why you don't like it without going into too much of a rant or trying to give a 'us vs them' narrative against the elite circles. We all play this game and enjoy different parts.

The 'us vs them' is what creates an echo chamber and this is what has happened with many a thread on the forums since the Dark Knights episode released. This needs to stop and the community need to do better, have opinions about what they like/don't like about aspects of an episode without it getting personal or being against one part of the community. You are allowed to voice your opinion, but comments like this:

- needs to be avoided in future discussion about episode content and the direction of the game because then you just get half the forums echoing similar posts and it generates further division. Then you have 10 threads/15 pages of players saying similar things, based on the precedent of a post like this, or......

OP posts like "New DLC is great for dividing the community" also don't help since it will just generate divisive discussion for or against certain sides of the community.

Its all about pitching your ideas forward in as positive a way as possible, because you believe it will be better for the game/community.
    • Like x 1
  4. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Why does this feel like a league issue and not a content issue. Just from twitch alone, US/EU leagues just spam the hell out of elite content.
    • Like x 1
  5. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Yeah, it's not very fair to the player that NEEDS the run to level up.
    A player that's just trying to enjoy the game and someday make it to endgame.
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

The renown from the duo and the alert mitigates the problem of not being able to get renown, but it doesn’t ameliorate the issue where there are good players who want a challenging raid. Let’s face it, normal difficulty raids are routine for any pre made group. Situations where the entry point elite raid is high difficulty (particularly first boss) create a situation that exposes the lack of top-end tanks. I’m just saying, with 3-5 difficulty levels within elite, the entry point should be a little easier than SDe/SWe, particularly first boss.

The entry elite raid should be around the same difficulty as the elite alert, in terms of the required difficulty for the tank/s.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Hopefully we do get two raids again soon and better balanced content.

As for the "us vs them" it was for that reason I quite purposefully didn't name anyone specific, I have no intention of starting a fight with any particular individual, but sometimes poor or negative behavior patterns within groups should be confronted.If you believe what I said doesn't apply to you, then it doesn't apply to you, if you're worried about whether it applies to you, then it probably doesn't apply to you.

The type of person I'm speaking about, doesn't probably even care that I'm speaking about it.

The point I was expressing was that there are groups of people, particularly the elite community in this game, that are incredibly toxic and it can stem from the structure of content and I think this DLC in particular has been bad for it, it was also bad during Wonderverse.

The mere fact there's even a discussion about having to force ones way in to groups to "prove oneself" before even being given a chance or talk of "why should we take the risk as elite players to carry you" is only further evidence of a behavior pattern at the top that needs to change.

You're right in the fact that the "us vs them" mentality has to stop and that's partly why I said, what I said, you may disagree around whether what I said achieved its goal, but it got you thinking about it, so perhaps in some respects it did its job.

I said what I said because it confronts the issue, there are numerous players in the "elite circles", they're certainly not in the casual circles, that attempt to gate keep everything and anything they can, hence the point in passing that I made.

For context, also, which you've cut out (and not on purpose, I appreciate you're attempting to remain succinct in your posts), it involves an ongoing desire on the part of some, to do things like "gate keep" first bosses. This is often evident when in the past they've complained about casual players "farming first bosses" like it's any of their concern, hence again the point I was making when I referred to the group in question.

The first boss of a raid should never be the hardest, ever, it's the best way to disengage any audience at the offset and if the player does fail the most likely end result is that player bailing to another game, never to be seen again and no feedback ever given.

I've been playing this game a long time LQ, I get elite content done, This isn't a personal issue, but I really feel for the casual to average player that I believe are getting bullied out of this game a bit or certainly out of elite content and I felt it was important to confront that type of behavior that frankly only seems to be increasing lately, not decreasing.

And I know you might not agree, but when you design content that is probably guilty of being a bit over-tuned then it just exacerbates these negative behaviors within the community.
    • Like x 1
  8. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Another point of contention that separates this community and divides it like none other are the culinary challenged who put PINEAPPLE on their pizza! ~smh~
    • Like x 1
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Meat. Cheese. Sauce. That's all a pizza needs. No fish, fruit (yes, I know the sauce comes from tomato which is technically a fruit, I don't care LOL), fowl, fungus or veggies.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Ham and pineapple on pizza is amazing!
    • Like x 2
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

NUUUUU PROXY.... say it ain't so!
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah, can even chuck on some mushroom, delicious. Just as good is a pineapple ring in burgers :)
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

This. All of this.
    • Like x 1
  14. Trexlight Devoted Player

Sir........SIR!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Oh, all of this too, thank you :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Yes, what is it my dear child? :D

I tell you what else I had once, "tinned spaghetti" on pizza with pineapple

[IMG]
  17. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

~Throws hands up in the air~ =T_T=
    • Like x 1
  18. BumblingB I got better.

I like Pineapple on Pizza. I even make homemade and put it on there, with ham, onions, bell peppers, and sometimes pepperoni.
    • Like x 2
  19. Proxystar #Perception

You should see my Pineapple Mega Cheese Supreme

Cheddar Cheese, Camembert Cheese, Brie Cheese, Edam Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, a dash of Parmesan cheese, topped off with pineapple and cottage cheese.
    • Like x 1
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

....No. I cant with you today lol Im just out lol
    • Like x 2