"Dev Diary" comeback?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, May 16, 2022.

1. Eve YouTuber

I really liked when Mepps did the Dev Diary when Birds of Prey launched & again in Wonderverse. It was really cool to see "Behind The Scenes", of how the Devs are doing things. Any chance it'll happen again with Episode 44-going forward? I understand if It's taking a lot of time, but it was a really nice thing.

Examples of what I mean:
    https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news/dcuo-birds-of-prey-dev-diary-keyart2-march-2020
    https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news/dcuo-wonderverse-open-world-july-2020
    • Like x 2
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Any chance they can tell us why they made vendor gear so expensive?
  3. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

In the new/current episode? Because of the extra missions and therefor extra currency earned. The prices are higher than usual because they're adjusted to the rate of currency earning in this particular episode.
    • Like x 5
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Someone's already explained to him.
    • Like x 1
  5. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Because they are :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Eve YouTuber

Back to topic, if we can save this thread lol
    • Like x 1
  7. nawanda Loyal Player

I can’t imagine a dev diary during Covid would have been very interesting.

“Turned the laptop on. Read my emails. Made a coffee. Went to the fridge and hacked a small piece off the cheese. Dialled into a boring meeting with comic Jack. Drew an outline of a shield. Made a coffee. Thought about lunch. Petted the dog.” Etc
  8. Eve YouTuber

I mean like the one they did with Megzilla where she talked about how she did the key-art. It was pretty interesting. Or the changes they talked about to Wonderverse's open world. Stuff like this. Definitely not this personal life lol
    • Like x 1
  9. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yeah, I'd like to see them do more stuff like that. I really enjoyed the Birds of Prey one Meg did. some kind of semi-regular ( once a month? once every couple of months? ) dive into the world behind the scenes would be a great little addition to the DCUO "experience", I think, something to make us all feel a little more "involved" ( emphasis because I'm not entirely sure those are the correct words, but I'm sure you get the jist ). I'm all for it. big owld two thumbs up from me.
    • Like x 1
  10. nawanda Loyal Player

One of a kind, was our Meg. I’m not really into all that, I want them to be spending their time developing the game, banning cheats and improving stability, personally. More interested in the outcome than the process.
    • Like x 1
  11. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

wonder if all the devs leaving will have an impact on whatever the new feature that was planned for this year is.
    • Like x 2
  12. Eve YouTuber

That's fair. :) And indeed she was!