Why aren't our mentors allies too?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Wallachia, May 15, 2022.

1. Wallachia Devoted Player

I mean, seriously. This is so much of a thing that even the developers recognized that by having Deathstroke moke them and say "mentors" sarcastically.

We could begin with an oracle/calculator bot, okay, but our mentors should be like the top tier allies. Maybe have the three of them as legendary allies, but the mentor one with a bonus due to the mentorship, to make them slightly more relevant than just being someone we get orders from.
    • Like x 6
  2. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

My best guess is that they're holding onto them and wanna release them in some special way. Could be cool if they got released at like the anniversary event or something. That would be a lot to release at once, though, since there's 6 of them total. Maybe they could be released in pairs (tech, meta, magic) or in trios (hero, villain), IDK. Probably don't have any specific plans just yet, just that they wanna do something special somehow. That's just a guess, though, IDK.
    • Like x 2
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It will go similar to the way artifacts made it into the game.
    They throw a bunch of decent ones in there and you get a solid base. The devs test out what the player feels like is the right amount of power compared to the investemnt.
    After some time they release better ones wich are worth paying for. A lot.

Once the majority of the playerbase is done with those, it gets "replaced" or redirected to a new system.

With allies, we're still in the baseline state.
    Many have a decent selection already, but the majority doesnt.

Once the majority has 3 maxed legendary allies, those very special and beloved ones will most likely join. They may be very strong but could also just not be that good as many coslayers and collectors would get them anyway, just for the immersion. Time will tell.

(I'm not criticising the systems or want to make it seem bad. Its just what is observable if you play for a long time)
  4. Proxystar #Perception

My mentor is Batman, so I'm good. I just use Flashpoint "Cargo Pants" Batman.
    • Like x 2
  5. nawanda Loyal Player

Mentors are meaningless after level 30.

I doubt they will ever release ‘generic’ versions of the mentor iconics as allies. There will just be variants.
    • Like x 2
  6. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

While I agree, and would like some of the 'big guns' (Superman, and 'proper' versions of Wonder Woman and Batman etc), there's also a load of other characters I'd like to get as Allies. Supergirl, Zatanna, Constantine, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Poison Ivy, Green Lantern, Batgirl, Nightwing....I could go on all day lol
  7. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Why not Metal Batman? he seems to be the original batman only a little... hmmm... dead .... but in general I remembered the old spaghetti western "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" we just have three batmans... what batman to whom I will leave it to the discretion of everyone ... heh, heh, heh ....
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Because Allies launched with the House of Legends, I'm pretty sure they want to go through variant multiverse ones first. We will eventually see the main ones utilized, I'm sure. Possibly with some sort of theme, like anniversary or a movie tie in.
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I would buy that for a dollar. ;)

Yes... we have a few Batman Allies..... but it would be nice to get the REAL Batman as an Ally.
    Or Superman.
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

Mentors as Allies are a thing that'll be happening. Expect at least two this year, one coming up pretty soon.
    • Like x 10
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Hmmm... Superman's first appearance was April 18th, 1938. That would be REALLY soon. ;)
    • Like x 3
  12. Eve YouTuber

Since Krypto was announced, I'm expecting Superman (and Lex maybe). But I also really want Circe & Wonder Woman
    • Like x 3
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Superman coming with Krypto confirmed.
    • Like x 1
  14. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. nawanda Loyal Player

I stand corrected.

Said the man with the orthopaedic shoe.
  16. SlipperyRichard Active Player

Because they are all type a personalities and can only see what they want.
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Is that a hint that we will get a Superman Ally for Superman day?? :eek: :D
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

There is Superman Day on June 12. ;)
  19. Wallachia Devoted Player

I feel important.
  20. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

As long as they use the original Superman model. I still can't look at the "updated" Superman. Should have just updated his clothes for better texture like for Batman.
    • Like x 1