Should healers have a team member pull?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raphael, May 16, 2022.

1. Raphael New Player

To pull those team members who refuse to move when there’s a tell. Those people who just stand in the deadly zones.
    • Like x 5
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Nah, they got 2 legs to move themselves
    • Like x 3
  3. Wzlinnkk54 Active Player

No the dps should stop chasing the scoreboard and do a pick up
    • Like x 4
  4. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

its a cool idea though!
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm fairly certain a lot of people would use that ability to grief other players.
    • Like x 10
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

As fun as that sounds I agree that players should know when and where to move. I can also see certain people using this to grief other players.
    • Like x 2
  7. BumblingB I got better.

We can call it the Kid Leash.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

No, it is not.
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I will say that Healers in Final Fantasy XIV have this exact ability, and I have never used it. I think I only ever saw someone use it one time. That being said, people in the FFXIV community are more...aware of when they need to move.
  10. Raphael New Player

It is something superheroes/villains do: pull their allies (or civilians) out of danger. And it would help the healer and the group in these cases, not having to waste power to heal people not moving, rolling out of danger.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

The way this game works, ie, fast action input, this can be detrimental to players and cause more problems interrupting. It can work in turn based content, because you aren't immediately inputting commands.

I agree with the sentiment that others have, it will just be abused for griefing and not what it's intended for.

It DOES fit the lore.
    • Like x 1
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yea… no please. I can already see people using it to troll each other. Especially in this community.

Just the other day I did the elite alert with 3 other players being in the same league. Their tank kept pulling everything away from me and out of my orbitals to “help” his league dps chase the scoreboard (I was still top dps, not like it matters). So I can see this being use for that purpose too.
    • Like x 3
  13. PickArole Well-Known Player

Mic or type them, try and let them know the mechanics of the level. If it's not worth your time, warp out.
    • Like x 1
  14. PickArole Well-Known Player

Lmao, makes orbital and stationary damage worthless. See it every day!
  15. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

confused I think he means once your teammate is down you can pull them out of fire and other aoe that stop you from res
  16. PickArole Well-Known Player

This is where teamwork comes in. Hardlite shields, heal and troll shields will protect you enough to pick someone up from that.
    • Like x 1
  17. Wallachia Devoted Player

Arena of Valor has exactly that: a support that is able to CC his own team. He is a cat-like demon and can swallow the teammate and literally roll away with them. Excellent to save the team on crutches, but twice as excellent to ensure that killmongers would call you everything they can because you "took them out of their best kill".
  18. comrade sonya Committed Player

Phase in Paragon had a pull ability to rescue an ally in danger. I think that would be a fun and useful concept to have in another fast paced game like dcuo.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No, but I wish there was a 'selective' heal for the same reason. Like if 1 DPS is ALWAYS the most in need of healing, you could cast a different heal that would only heal the other team members...letting that one guy who doesn't know better, maybe learn a lesson.

Neither will probably happen, but right now, 1 hell bent on dying DPS can be syphoning off all the heals as most if not all deal with the person with the most critical need first.

EDIT: Now...I'd like to see a 'dead guy' pull, where if someone goes down, you could move them slightly out of a long running AOE or something so you could then pickup and NOT have they guy immediately die again because he stood up immediately. I mean, if this were a real scenario, and during a firefight someone went down in a fire, or other hazzard, you'd drag them out before rendering first aid....not patch them up still sitting in the fire.
  20. Stardazer Committed Player

I think an interesting way to approach this instead of a direct pull would be to do like a link between healer and player. If a new power (*ahem* Violet Ring *ahem*) forms link it provides like passive HoTs or shields to the linked player and when you move out of vicinity the link breaks thus alterting the player to move away.

If anyone plays Aphrodite on Smite, you'll know what I'm referring to. Watch at 2:44.
    • Like x 1