OMG! please stop stunning me!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MidLifeCrysis41, May 14, 2022.

1. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  2. Reluctant Well-Known Player

This happens every DLC, you have to change your loadout to knockdown effects, then when they do the halfway update switch it back to long range, I guess they tweak it during halfway update!
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Run with a troll that stuns them before they stun you. This has been a great dlc to be teaming up with roles
    • Like x 1
  4. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]
  5. Controller Devoted Player

Imagine the poor souls that are leagueless at the moment OR don't have that Stun Buff active from their leagues. That League Buff helps to mitigate the stuns somewhat, lol.

Imagine those same poor souls not knowing how to spec into the anti-stun skills under Flight.
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

truth!!! the hard stuns and knock back need to be toned down. Hell I really wish we could go back to the days before Yens thought it was a good idea for every add in the game to be able to counter you
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I think we have too many control effects that override breakout now. Like the mini game tap to get out that Superwoman, BWL, Zoom, Saturn Girl, etc have. Couple it with the ones we CAN break out of not following the breakout immunity rule, where we can't be controlled immediately after breaking out.

But GOD FORBID we have the ability to do that to the enemy.

Anyways, yes, there are too many new types of control effects. Almost as bad as how the game was with Batcave raids.
    • Like x 1
  8. Siramez Well-Known Player

As a tank, I agree.
  9. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

I been having the same problem for years. A lot of times it takes three times to get a supply drop or drink a soder and I’m dead by the time it activates. At first I thought it was my controller but it happened on the second controller I got and DCUO is the only game that acts like this. Good (?) to see I’m not the only one seeing this.
    • Like x 1
  10. Tolly Committed Player

like that, you finally see what the "combo" powers undergo ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Lmaoooooo and we just talked about this did we not lol
  12. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Fully agree with the OP. Idk what it is but the stuns are crazy and too far often happening. The elite duo is a great example (not here lately because I assume some of that absolute chaos was tuned down) but it was horrendous. Pools on top of pools on top of a wide spread cone aoe alongside brim doing his explosion and a brute add blockbreaking you as he explodes lol. Hope we never see a piece if content like that again imo. It takes the fun out of the runs when you consistently wipe over and over again due to rng determining if you succeed or not. And the locked stun was a big cause of all that chaos. Hard stuns shouldn't exist. But they do all over the game.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Nope the duo is still horrendous
    • Like x 3
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

This is why I'm glad I only play with troll and tank powers. My immunity/detaunt shield is in every loadout on my gadgets main and I've been running immunity as my aura activator on both DPS and tank roles on my atomic toon this DLC. Also, I'm waiting to get the style feat on my main for the discount before getting any of my elite gear on my tank. But once I do, I think I'm gonna try the auto-breakout affinity mod for the first time.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

It isn't a bad mod but in the grand scheme of things none of this stuff really works, it only makes for an ever so slightly better experience, but because all of the controls against the players are excessively over the top or even broken, the difference it makes is only slight enough to make it ever so slightly less horrid.

As for the foot mod, it's not a bad foot mod, but it's not always helpful. aka Ultraman encases you in PANe type mechanic only for you to auto breakout and hope you've still got a chance to dance around his laser.

It's sometimes entirely counter productive for other reasons.
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

When giving it some thought I did try and think if this DLC had any mechs where you definitely don't want to break out. I can't think of any but please correct me if I'm wrong. As for the foot mod, I can't see myself giving up tumbling master (especially since I'm not superspeed) at any time for any reason, but DEFINITELY not this DLC. I wouldn't make it out of half of Perpetua's purple circles or the knockoff celestial circles without it.
    • Like x 2
  17. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Yeah celestial against superwoman in Rte3e is basically just leave the mission until they finish that boss and pretty much same with super man with all the lunges and stuns/freezing

I switched to elec like 4 months back for the heals and I’m grateful cause I’d be done with this doc before is started lol
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I can't think of any this DLC, but yeah just wanted to mention it in passing as something to consider.
  19. Drathmor Unwavering Player

the struggle is real for combo powers. this DLC has almost made me switch powers because of how many there are in all its content
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I think there may be one during perpetua adds phase. Tank and healers breakout of whatever it is but we had some random one shots happening to some dps and all we could tie it to was that other players were breaking out. Again, not sure but it logged as killed by a mentalist. Pretty sure it’s the fear seekers that do the reflect but may be wrong.