OMG! please stop stunning me!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MidLifeCrysis41, May 14, 2022.

1. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

This new DLC has implemented the most moronic, and unnecessary form of stunning/rooting/grounding/block breaking etc I’ve ever seen. My celestial alt can’t do a single rotation without being knocked down, rooted, stunned, etc. and it’s not just a few ads. It’s EVERY single new group of adds. AND it’s not even just the new DLC. It seems that ALL adds in ALL content now do this.
    I’ve even specced into the Inates ‘stun resistance’ etc as a dps. I have a breakout trinket. I always have ran celestial dps with empowered channeling to help with interruption. But none of it helps now! What is wrong with you people? Who actually sat down and thought this would make sense? To annoy their clientele so much, that they don’t want to run the content out of annoyance and frustration?
    I don’t wanna play as a tanking dps. Constantly being block broken and interrupted. I just want to do my combo’s and do my roles job. I recorded (out of furious frustration) a run in the newest alert - then watched it back. I was stunned, rooted, grounded etc, a whopping 49 times that I could count. That’s in a NORMAL alert.

I can only assume that this has been purposely done with a new ally or artifact that will come into play soon that stops you being stunned etc. or a new feature for future adaptive augments. That seem to be increasing in how much you need to spend to raise to an acceptable level.

It is NOT enjoyable playing a game in which you’re constantly knocked on your ***. Even when the tank has full aggro. Stop changing things that aren’t broken; and maybe actually focus on the actual broken stuff. This “community” puts up with a LOT of bugs in this game with every DLC. I don’t want to play content that CONSTANTLY knocks me on my ***. There’s no need, nor want for it. FIX THIS!!
    • Like x 4
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Did you spec any skill points into your movement tree?
    • Like x 1
  3. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

I’ve specced into all inates in movement tree. And as stated, even have replaced my normal big trinket with a breakout trinket, mostly used by tanks. I have always used empowered channeling mod in hands for the extra help to not be interrupted, long before this dlc. And I thought it was just me… but even on mic, all i see and hear is ppl complaining about how f**ked up the stunning etc is. Ppl are legit become enraged by it! And imo, very rightly so. I’m not a tank whilst playing dps. AND especially as celestial. Which is a combo-based power. I don’t wanna turn the corner after clearing a group of adds to just be knocked out of my rotation AGAIN! Stunned. Rooted etc. it’s not just annoying - it’s f**king up my actual ability to play properly as a dps on this toon. But even tanks are getting it too. I have all roles, all with almost full arts and augs etc, all specced correctly. This has been implemented on purpose.
    • Like x 1
  4. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Ah, well, a very good reason for why not to play combo powers such as rage, earth, celestial, atomic… as any stuns ruin your combo and piss you off more and more. The hand mod does help, especially with munitions, but recently I have encountered stuns that override that mod and get knocked on my poorly sculpted character’s butt.
    • Like x 3
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

What would be nice is if we had some way to build our control resistance to these things.
    • Like x 5
  6. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

I agree. Getting stunned 5-10 times in rapid succession is IDIIOTIC!

Also, it would be nice if my abilities would fire the FIRST time I press the button instead of ONLY on the third or fourth time I press the button. I'm really tired of sometimes my abilities firing the way they always have but then for a few minutes I have to press buttons repeatedly before an ability will fire.
    • Like x 3
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah, it's actually getting beyond asinine now agreed, it quite literally has become "Breakout Universe Online™"
    • Like x 4
  8. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Maybe just maybe run with a tank and you won't have that issue?
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, Ah right, so instead of actually making a decent game, just don't play certain powers :D

I guess power respec tokens are on sale at least...
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Haha nah man I've run group breakouts, PvE breakout trinkets, have everything imaginable set to prevent being controlled and you still get controlled more than knockoff cowboys get kicked off the bulls at a Dollarama rodeo. :(
    • Like x 5
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

Maybe just maybe properly read the OP where he states that this still happens even with a tank being present.
    • Like x 5
  12. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Darn……I was going to say this.
    • Like x 2
  13. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

From a tank POV the stunning is a little to much in this DLC specifically the alert;

Superwoman and Ultraman just stun stun stun and majority of the time its unavoidable - If they gave a small window to avoid this mechanic make the runs much better.
    • Like x 4
  14. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I just think the devs don’t take powers into consideration. Look at rage and it’s rage crash mechanic. How many dlc’s come out and a couple weeks later there is an update for immunity for rage users using that mechanic??

Speaking of which, I don’t believe they have fixed it yet for blackest night last boss. No matter how fast you get the mist to the portal and all that, if the rage tank gets teleported in…you either die of crash or you just don’t even try for the mist and can still die…even using a reducer wouldn’t be enough to stay alive (I’ve been teleported in and BAM dead cause you die instantly after the teleport).

Or there is atomic and needing to do the combo’ing to stay alive. This was in prison break elite last boss. Some pc player who was on here years ago, I found it funny as having the 2 sunder strikes active and didn’t block to survive the light blast. Do we block and lose our advanced mechanic defense or combo and die? Tough choice. Like with rage, use rage crash and live then die, or don’t use it and die.

But hey, power respec tokens are on sale! :D
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Yea Earth can get a little screwed over at times as well with Gemstone shield construct, popping shield while a mechanic goes off results in the absolute loss of that shield when you have to abort it or die.

But yeah respecs are on sale :)
  16. PickArole Well-Known Player

I run a fire tank and the pain is real! I've even noticed that my hardlite shield no longer prevents enemies from shooting me and breaking my picking people up. Kinda hard to tank when you spend the majority of a match lying on the ground.
    • Like x 2
  17. Great Architect Loyal Player

That isn't particularly useful. Resistance is not immunity, and the resistance is well below par for what I would expect a full SP to grant.

But - to answer the OP. I play Celestial 24/7, and don't seem to be suffering the constant cc you suggest. Where's your tank? Have you considered any of the fast-cast builds that don't need combos? Are you clipping fast enough? Are you really still trying to pull off the entire Plague or Divine Light combo without precautions?

Celestial *will* end up point-blanking either adds or a boss at some point, so it's certainly in your ability (and your interest) to stop DPSing for a second and move the hell away before casting combos. If you're *constantly* being interrupted, you're standing too close to either the tank or the boss, so adjust your position. Celestial does very very very poorly at PBAoE, PBST, PBanything.
    • Like x 1
  18. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'll repeat: If, as you say, the Tank has full aggro, then what is knocking you about? Where are you standing? Melee/Mid/Long? To be able to help we would need as much info on when this happens as possible.

I do find some adds in the open world occasionally knockback, but not stun. Nothing you can't just breakout / get up from?
    • Like x 1
  19. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I'm a little tired of the bosses that jump around way too much, i lost count of how many times i hit my orbital only to have it hit me cause the boss jumped to the other side of the map, it gets frustrating.
    • Like x 4
  20. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Don't forget to double tap the breakout button since the first time doesn't seem to work on the new content instances lol.
    • Like x 2