Fixed Test Server Login Request #2

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, May 11, 2022.

1. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

No crashes for me.
    Created a new character. Did tutorial.
    Went to Metropolis.
    Clicked around for about two hours. Entered and exited the PD quite a few times. Everything seems fine.
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Able to log in, but having a different problem. Last night, I logged in on Test Server, and had NO SOUND. Double-checked to make sure my speakers were on, they were, still no sound. Turned the volume up, way up, still nothing.

Logged out, shut the game Test down. Logged into the regular game, had sound there. Logged out, shut down, relaunched Test Server, THEN I had sound!

Just logged into Test Server tonight, no sound again. Both times, my character loaded into the Main Room in the Hall of Legends.
  3. Destinywlf Active Player

no problems for me on the new build! played for a while! logged in and out warped to different locations! did the poison ivy quest in Gotham. I couldn't trigger any crashes
    • Like x 1
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We'll look at this separately if it continues to be an issue.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Okay, all the peoples! You were great and really essential in helping us figure out what is going on here.

We have identified the problematic network-related code and rolled it back (ripped it out), so that we can go forward with this update (next week).

Of course, PLEASE let us know right away if you happen to see any further issues.
    • Like x 7
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Also, I do want to say that we "delayed" this update by two weeks to make sure this 1) was actually an issue and 2) got fixed. That's not something we do lightly or are even comfortable doing most of the time, but Ender1Game (our senior producer who does basically everything) was adamant and everyone here agreed without pushback. I mean, I didn't have to yell at anyone at all.

Without your help and especially those early reporters, this would have gone live and likely would have been pretty disastrous. So again, a huge thank you, and I hope we can see more of these kinds of testing interactions in the future. Much love from Mepps.
    • Like x 12
  7. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Glad you managed to figure out the issue.

I like helping in those kind of scenarios, if theres a matching reward.
    I was wondering if there could be some sort of special reward/s for actively testing players in general. Items that cant be obtained otherwise maybe. Would help boost the amount of testers a bit and would bring more players together on a special task such as this one was. :)
    • Like x 2
  8. Wonder Boi Well-Known Player

No problem always willing to help :)
  9. Zamara Dedicated Player

So just to be sure this should be fixed in the current test build?
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, we believe so.
    • Like x 1
  11. Aren Sul Committed Player

I'm happy you tracked down the cause.
    I'm one of those who prefer a delay over a release with significant bugs, especially when the development team is transparent to players as to the reason for the delay (as your team did admirably).
    • Like x 3
  12. ACLife Active Player

I'm late to the party but on Test just now, I logged in ran around teleported to different zones using teleporters and warp menus. I did a few missions and / or ran around, cleaned inventory, updated gear, saved armory equipment. I logged all the way out and back in in-between all my running around. I did not have any issues.
  13. Wonder Boi Well-Known Player

Any idea if there was going to be that reward for helping or not? Just curious