Clamp content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PickArole, May 8, 2022.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

And by the way, the "gap" Mepps was referring to was in player knowledge, not powers, might/prec, "meta" builds, etc. He was talking about the gap between players who know how to produce top tier damage and players who looked at the possible powers to use and their descriptions, read all the artifact descriptions, evaluated the white mods, etc, etc and believe they made sensical choices for good damage and then get tripled in a raid leaving them dumbfounded over how it's possible to triple the outcome of what they believed were the best choices they could have made. Players like this...https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/what-am-i-doing-wrong.321820/. He's not talking about players who are aware of the methods to produce top tier damage (or at least how they could obtain said knowledge) but instead choose something completely different and significantly less potent.

p.s. for the record, I'm not knocking, judging or lampooning the OP of that thread. He simply lacked some knowledge at that point in time and, hopefully, gained the knowledge and understanding he lacked.
    • Like x 5
  2. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I have never liked the clamp, i wish they would remove it and put old content back the way it was before the clamp.
    • Like x 3
  3. Culuf New Player

As a noob (CR 200 hero and CR 164 villain), I don't like the clamp either. I feel that low CRs are allowed to get into content that easily kills us, so we especially need more experienced players unclamped. For instance with the Omnibus, I had such a distaste for dying many times when I was lower CR that now I just skip any queue notice for every Tier 3 Raid (besides Love and War and Unholy Matrimony). They gave me nightmares when I was low 100s. Some bosses for Tier 3 and T4 raids had insta-kills that downed all 8 people, from shields up straight to death! Why is that even a feature? For Tier 4, I know Gotham City Zoo and Doomsday will be fine but I'm too paranoid from dying in some others. I haven't tried every T4 yet. Yes Doomsday hits hard, but it's manageable while right off the bat in other raids, the adds hit so hard I'm insta-killed so I nope back to the exit. We're often put with ineffectual groups who are not team players. Some toxic and can't be team oriented because they believe they're awesome and think everyone else sucks (these types usually blaming everyone because they died fastest); others just won't listen either from a language barrier or stubbornness. The Fortress of Solitude Sunstone Matrix not killing Sentries adds so they can overwhelm and kill us, Nexus of Reality not simultaneously defeating both Nexus Sentinels, Paradox Wave people rushing straight for the Tyrant. Or any time we're just trying to get through a raid and some people keep dying instantly, getting close enough to kiss the boss but they're not tanks! This is frustrating. It must be just as frustrating for the clamped high CRs as we low CRs run in somewhere we don't belong and die! Again it seems absurd, like it's not balanced. Some are let in too early.
    • Like x 1
  4. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

You were the very first comment on this thread, and it had zero to do with the clamp other than to start you off talking about imbalances. Your favourite topic.

Within a few pages, you were already trying to talk about artifact swapping, which again has nothing to do with OP.

You derail any thread you get.

No one:
    Absolutely no one:
    zNot: imbalances

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  5. zNot Loyal Player

Whatever you think,Arent you the one derailing the thread? If you got a problem use the ignore button im sure it would benefit both of us
  6. zNot Loyal Player

I do not think your opinion is worth for me to go into detail when you have claimed few days ago that the game is balanced which already shows your delusional viewpoint about the game or straight up lies to make it seem like there arent issues since it benefits you having the game as broken as it is now,keep on dreaming.
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

A: I was kinda messing with you and your tunnel vision obsession.

B: what constitutes balance is subjective, contextual and relative. Once again you are confusing fact vs opinion and subjective vs. objective with things you agree with vs. things you disagree with.
    • Like x 5
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I tanked TSWE last night and we had 3 burners and a buff troll. 2 EoG healers, 2 EoG tanks, prec dps swapping in EoGs. It was the slowest burn I’ve ever seen. A no wipe 63min run. Yeah please nerf EoG it’s killing the game. Almost put me in a coma it was so slow
  9. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Also one could say the same thing about the heavy handed clamping applied to our earned stats. It's subjective, contextual and very relative. For some +15 CR (Reg content only) is acceptable for other more is desired. Perhaps +15 CR is strong enough or just perhaps some instances need more that +15 CR to feel and be more powerful. I think this is the case, sometimes +15 CR is right, sometimes more than +15 CR would be right to feel and be more powerful. This is my Opinion.

YAY thread have been successfully put back on the rails! Whew!
    • Like x 3
  10. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Heres my attempt to stick to the rails:

Has anyone considered what happens next episode when World of Flashpoint becomes clamped and how they're going to address the difficulty levels?
    • Like x 2
  11. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

The cynical side of me thinks probably not, all that matters is that it gets clamped. I am really going to miss World of Flashpoint, I enjoyed the raid and the open world boss fights. It is fun for me to go back into it with a CR 371 and to really be strong against the baddies.

Wonderverse was a favorite of mine but since it went clamped I have only done the raid twice (Reg only) and both times it was arduous, doable, but arduous. This is with the +15CR and full stat piercing. Arduous isn’t fun to me. I just wanted it to be done with and over.

So, I like to go back to World of Flashpoint after my dailies, run some open world stuff there and feel like a powerful superhero before it all gets clamped this July when Ep. 43 comes out or is it August now?
  12. Dior_XT Level 30

t
    thats right always had to have a group even before stat clamp.
    so how do you fix a slowly dying playerbase ? right make it harder for them! good idea.
    only right answer would have been to be able to queue solo.
    before the clamp you could get 1-2 people only to queue up and they leave after that but now you HAVE to have a group.
    it has made the game unplayable at this point. especially in eu server.
    the solution is always to please almost everybody. you wanna play alone and listen to music while enjoing the game ?
    queue solo and grind feats.
    you wanna play with your friends and have a challenge ? add an clamped MODE to the game for people to enjoy .
    thats just my opinion. :)
    • Like x 1
  13. Dior_XT Level 30

i mean i have to kill starro 50 damn times alone ??????????????????????????????????
  14. KidKretz Committed Player

as a person who hates the clamp, i think this will be the biggest test for me as i have played flashpoint more than any other content in the game and i still love it today and havent gotten bored of it. played it the most on my alts as well, so once it becomes clamped i will def get a "feel" for how things are on a personal level.

do i feel stronger? do i feel weaker? am i the same? is it still fun? will i get bored? does the clamp simply add unnecessary time to things? how will DD, Prince, Generals feel?am i dying in places i never thought i would die?do i now praise the clamp because things werent as bad as i thought?

all these things i know i am personally looking forward to :)
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Bounty spams are always around. Just this last few days I've seen groups spamming Starro, Brine Hulk and Metal Man-bat. As I can always use a few extra marks, I grabbed the missions and went and got a quick kill, but if I were inclined to sit for 10-20 rotations, that's towards the feat(I'm done with all that though). If the only issue we had post clamp were the bounties...it wouldn't be that large an issue. For me, the bigger issue is getting a group of 8 'skilled' players to run old content, or getting a group of 8 to spam to work towards a long random checklist. A limited group would help those things more as sometimes getting that 8th guy is the biggest problem.

And yeah...if you do the build right, you can solo or go in with just a few...you don't need a phase full of people to do a bounty...even Starro.
    • Like x 1
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I went into Metal Gotham and did one of the open world missions (defeat 210 Metal afflicted people) and I helped out on the Metal Starfire boss. To me, the open world in Metal Gotham, I am a strong as I currently am with all purple gear in Death Metal Washington DC open world. I was able to hit the adds at the same rate and Metal Starfire hits the same as say the Drowned does in Washington. I do not feel as strong as when I go back to World of Flashpoint open world.

So from my own experience I would say clamped open world is the equivalent to End Game open world with purple level gear equipped.
  17. Lady Mystyk Active Player

They did not clamp content.

They clamped our characters.

Just like you are buffed in the new open world, but you know.....opposite.