Lately it seems players are cueing in as Support but not doing their roles

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dominic Blue, May 10, 2022.

1. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

So I've noticed in both Omnibus and current new content that there's a lot of Healers, Tanks and Trolls getting into content and either not switching to their cued in Support or going to Dps immediately. Or their gear isn't Support but Damage. Or their loadouts aren't Support specific (Tanks aren't pulling, Healers ain't healing, Trolls ain't debuffing or power replenishing, neither putting up shields etc). I've noticed this happening a lot this last couple months, almost a correlation between the game going fully free to play vs in the past. I feel like "newer" players are just pulling bait n switch so they can cut the que lines without paying the Support roles. They'd rather be ineffective Battle Supports or weaksauce dps in order to potentially complete content faster. When I say they do this frequently I mean I see it every day on my main toon and alts in everything from Raids, Alerts even Duos even though most don't realize that Duos don't take Support roles into account. It's getting very annoying to play with Randoms this way and short of only playing with trusted friends it seems like blind queing is almost impossible right now. I don't think we can sugarcoat this anymore because if this is the direction of the playerbase to cheat what roles they represent when they cue in content then the game is barely playable as a MMO. Devs either got to revisit the cue system with how Roles are selected or they have to give less penalties with how long between times before you can vote to kick someone. It's frustrating as a player who subs I'm dealing with players who I can't technically report because Support role fraud isn't a foul in the game Terms. I'm not sure what to do but if Devs consider either lessening the wait times for Kicks or expand the ignore system so everyone we ignore is made account wide or fix a penalty for those who cue in as say a Healer but switch within a few minutes to Dps maybe those updates might help the situation?
    • Like x 2
  2. PickArole Well-Known Player

I've seen what you're talking about and I feel your pain. In my opinion the reason for this is the roleless buffs they have. Sure, it's not a perfect buff but it does allow you to play content without support roles. Grant it, it's much easier with, but it's not needed in most content. It would only take the devs to cut that buff when a support Qs up. This would force them to use the role because of the buff loss. Just an idea.
    • Like x 2
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s been happening for as long as I can remember. It’s more noticeable now because we had 2 dlcs where the games alerts didn’t check for roles. Those being Towwr/e, and the StU alerts. So for a while you would que and everyone would go in as anything. But now the game checks for roles again and we go back to what we had. Players queuing up as both roles to skip the que times and go in.
    • Like x 5
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This has been happening a lot for the past decade. There's a healthy mix of players that are:
    new players that don't know that there are roles or even how to change roles
    new players that do know about roles but can't play that role efficiently
    casual players that do know about roles but can't play that role efficiently
    casual players that queue up as whatever so they can play content faster

Forcing them to be in a role they can't perform isn't going to solve anything. The ignore list limit should definitely be expanded and made more user friendly. Like if I want to add/remove multiple players I don't want to have to keep pulling the menu up for each individual person. Also the ability to add whole leagues.
    • Like x 3
  5. Slow Burn Active Player

I ran an instance of Phantom Zone today, with a Healer that had DPS gear, minimal augments, no tactical mods, and no artefacts.

We wiped one more time than I was comfortable with before I asked him if this was his first time healing. It was. He'd been working up as a DPS, and had nothing - not even a healing loadout. So we talked, and he came back in not only better, but more confident.

Needless to say, this conversation was going on while the two other DPS had gone in rambo-style and died.

Dude tried his best, but in the end we disbanded.

There is nothing in this game that teaches you how to play your roles. Nothing.

And if I were to be really honest, I'd include DPS in there too.
    • Like x 5
  6. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

They need to get rid of the roleless buffs in alerts 4 dps can nerf each other's dmg out 48% each dps. turning an alert into a 3 hour run if the group isn't op if one player is op and the rest are carried that op dps is extremely damage out Nerfed. working his butt off for peanut damage out. I don't know why this is here to be completely honest everybody wants to DPS but so many think they can but can't even come close to op status
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's an over exaggeration. I was in RTE3 this morning carrying three terrible DPS, wiped twice on Devastator and we were still only in there for ~30 minutes.
    • Like x 3
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yea this is not lately this has always been a problem. and some of them get upset if you mention hey you know you qued as tank right?
    and asking makes you the bad guy SMH
    • Like x 2
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I am consistently healing in all DPS gear in everything but elite but I have the SP to do it so please at least always give them the benefit of the doubt now matter what they are wearing

all players are not created equally ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

And yet, when I queue in my support role I get barked at to go DPS.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

3 dps and a buff battle troll are a great combo. Too bad most don’t understand that
    • Like x 1
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

my buddy only likes to troll and he is getting very frustrated because every time he ques into content they ask him to DPS. its sad that players try to dictate to people and if they don't get their way generally leave the instance. the community in this game sucks pretty hard at times
    • Like x 6
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

'Lately'....like since 2011...just now it matters a bit more.
    • Like x 7
  14. BumblingB I got better.

LATELY?!

Also, obligatory:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

As some already said....

Lately??

It something we have been seeing since allllll the wayyy back to 2011.
    I started playing in..... October?? 2011 and already wayy back when people would queue for both roles to queue in faster.... but obviously had no intention to play in support roles.
    • Like x 1
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You've been playing for a long time and have no idea why the roleless buff was implemented??? o_O:rolleyes:

It was implemented because from the very start of the game, DPS have significantly outnumbered Support roles. Now imagine trying to run alerts under that scenario....what are DPSes supposed to do to continue to progress??? We all know that undergeared toons in raids are a bad idea, and Alerts are one of the few places to help you gear up.
    • Like x 2
  17. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

i figured everyone is used to it by now. This is why we run with amigos.
    • Like x 2
  18. KidKretz Committed Player

i got done running an alert in omni and i had to switch to tank mode just to survive the fight and carry the team, 2 of us alive at the end of the fight. i qued for a raid as DPS but i failed to switch back to dps and did so once i got back into the raid.

well, the REAL tank was in dps mode and then the raid group started yelling at me to switch back to tank, because i came into the raid as tank. so i had to educated the raid on what the icons mean and who the REAL tank should be,and that person admitted that they are not a tank and cannot tank. thought for sure i would get kicked, someone else switched to tank and we cleared the raid.

but talk about ignorant to how the game works, and once again, i have to throw it back at the devs. they have not educated the players on the post 30 experience in the game.

I also ran another raid we kept wiping on the final boss, our healer was at min level 120 AND had precision and might augments. so, because the devs didnt teach this player, here i am stuck with the awful job of having to tell this player their build sucks. someone else switched to healer and we won and the player told me in a tell, after the raid, that now that they know this info, their entire character is trash, and they were disappointed.

for all i know the person quit the game, who knows.

this giant update they told their investors is coming, i HOPE includes actually teaching players how to play their game. on a recent thread, without chasing down the link, someone admitted they have played 8 years without knowing certain things and a couple of the forum residents were nice and explained it to that person.

so if ppl are queing for dual roles but dont actually play both roles, i say that is an educational problem the devs need to address AND its also the way it ALWAYS was back in the day before CR Clamp, so one could get que times faster. so its also from a behavior the devs previously encouraged by the way que's worked back in the day.

now one possible solution i can think of to help post 30 players, especially in support roles, they need to create and give, yes give, players a full set of newly created artifacts that will actually be of minimum value to help players with their roles early on. for instance, the way we have augments for at level and the way we have augments for pre-level. these post 30 players need a nice set of pre-level artifacts that actually are helpful instead of just having 3 regular artifacts sitting at rank 40 each doing actually nothing for them.

create and give them placeholders until they actually level up the real deals.
    • Like x 1
  19. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Two things need to happen 1 is role instructional instances 4 each role so new players will understand what they need to do. other is a roll lock as in if you q as a tank,heal or troll it will not let you in till you switch and for you to be able to switch in instances the role needs to be present.as in someone else need to be in the role so you can switch dps.
    • Like x 3
  20. Nangaf Well-Known Player

Agree with your post really need to change the system queu, remove the 2 role and only queu in 1 role will be great. Also need a lock system in raid for not changing role in the middle of the raid, maybe a timer before turn role to avoid that a dps queu in healer role and turn dps when it begin the raid. I put on my numero 1 checklist feedback to do on the last May survey for the developper. Queu for like 15 min to do last episode raid and when we finally begin the raid no healer and no tank, is happening 1/2 each time a queu and we die and everybody leaves. Very nice game.

also need to remove the passive no role in alert, why developper put that. I like to play healer but i dont play anymore because only need healer in a raid because of that. Why we need healer in alert, when the passive healing + me (healer) in dps role + clarion do the same job whit more damage than if i turn healer side
    • Like x 1