Do you notice that you kill the tanks of DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, May 10, 2022.

1. Tolly Committed Player

I don't really know who to blame it on, the mentality of the players or the choice of the devs, following this huge problem more and more aggravating on DCUO, but the tanks don't answer the call anymore, I'm desperately looking for tanks for the new raid and that for hours sometimes, but I also see the LFG where most of the group blocks to the tank and can't complete their group because of that.

Devs do you notice the fear of tanks on DCUO lately? don't you think we need to put some love back into this role for the players? On the EU, the elite content tanks have almost disappeared...

Do you think it's normal that people can't play DCUO at such and such time of the week and even at such and such time after a DLC because of a role shortage?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

PS4 here, not something I've really noticed.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Do you tank?
    • Like x 2
  4. Tolly Committed Player

yes, but it wasn't about this character ^^
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So what is it you want them to do?
  6. PickArole Well-Known Player

I'm a tank myself. I'm gonna say a lot of us (me included) avoid elite content due to not knowing mechanics and the group flipping out on us when we fail from it. If people are willing to teach, I'm game for elite, but I'm tiny. 372 fire 251 sp with ok arts.
    • Like x 13
  7. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I stopped tanking raids/elite after I finished my set during BoP. I tanked just fine, full augments, had over 400sp, 200 artifacts, and I was great at tanking. I stopped doing it though because every fail, the tank took the blame.
    DPS not using turrets, tanks fault.
    DPS stayed in the fire too long, tanks fault.
    Burn sucked, tanks fault.
    Healer wasn't equipped well enough, tanks fault.
    Gas prices went up, tanks fault.

Just to test that theory, I started doing DPS only in those elite runs, the tank was taking all the blame there too.
    • Like x 14
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Try typing in “Group LF tanks TSWE will get your lunges OP heals”. I don’t even like tanking but I do it to understand the game better. I’ve tanked elite a few times as rage and ice. With friends, easy peasy. Simply because they’ll get my lunges and I have faith in them. Ice on the 3 bosses and adds is pretty rough since they take one swipe at you and your shield is gone. Rage is rough but mostly like red death or add stuns and not getting to cancel so sometimes can only get reduction so either way, you need help and most players don’t understand why since they’ve never tanked. Yes, tank can get their own lunges but sometimes you’ve used your breakout for another reason or you’re just not quick enough to break and lunge before proma wrecks you. Troll lunges, easy as can be. Even a dps.

This dlc has been rough for tanks but everyone is putting it on the tanks. It’s about your healer or healers. We ran with my friend and I healing and the crew did it easy. Any of us go into a random group, no luck. And the tank blame starts flying. I was in a group getting murdered and just looking at my health bar at 5% for a solid 10secs before I went down. Asked if one healer could hang out by me in case it was a range issue and so they could lunge 1 guy on occasion and was called a naughty word. If anyone tried it, they’d realize how easy the raid actually is.

But yeah, I’ve seen groups shouting for tanks for a long time on USPSPC. I’m in a private chat with about 10 of us on on average and we all have tanks that still need a bit more renown but we won’t run with randoms anymore. Make friends is the only other advice I can give. And also, fire makes it pretty easy for the 3 bosses. 2nd set of bosses, get red death out. He seems harmless but he screws stuff up for the group tank pretty often.
    • Like x 4
  9. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Petty behavioral issues and "blaming" aside...

It's just the most daunting role in the game. It is by far the most sensitive role to boss mechanics and in an ideal world, you would probably want your most checked out and experienced players playing the tank role for new elite content.

It doesn't even matter how good anyone else in the raid is if the tanks can't stay alive because they are new to the instance. The healers can't save them from the one shots. The dps can't kill anything fast enough to prevent them from being hit. So when new content comes out... everyone else is at the mercy of the tanks ability to learn and adapt as quickly as they can if they even have the patience to get it down. This new raid was brutal on tanks.

It doesn't take a genius to realize why people would rather that burden be placed on someone else. Nobody wants to be the guy that is holding everyone else back and dealing with being the target of everyone's frustration.
    • Like x 1
  10. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

They were probably millenials.
    • Like x 2
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

How is it on the devs? Look up any single MMO. Tanks are always the rarest role because it is the hardest role. This is nothing new to dcuo. It’s been that way forever. Some tanks only run with pekoe they know because it’s a stressful role. Some only tank alerts and below (no raids). Some tank until they get maxed out then only run as needed. Others try to tank and quit because it’s not easy to do. Some try it and quit because they get blamed for everything.

So why is it on the devs? It’s a community issue. It’s a community issue for many games.
    • Like x 2
  12. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

In the other MMO I play, let's call it, Welder Smores Towline, I'm a tank. I never have any issues queueing, barely enough time for a cigarette usually. My friend who DPS's usually waits 30-45 minutes to get into an instance. When I do queue as a tank, I'm usually met with disbelief, "are you really a tank?" because people queue as tanks and then want to DPS.
  13. Tolly Committed Player

In this case, if so much requirement is asked to the tanks, but that those if do not answer any more because of that, why to persist to continue in this way? one sometimes spends hours to seek a competent tank, for finally not to have had a competent tank and now it is necessary to find 2 ultra competent...
  14. KidKretz Committed Player

i had one tank alt, which i turned to a dps simply because i dont have the arties level'd up enough, i dont have access to the SP's required thanks to omni clamping and things taking way to long to complete now.

i was sitting around cr 200 when i made this decision and then quickly got all the cr 305 gear. so gearing is the fast part, arties and SP's are not.

maybe someday i might revisit tanking, until then, its the dps life for me on my alts, it just makes sense from a TIME AVAILABLE standpoint.
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

That’s a lot of it for other players too. I main a healer that’s a great dps. 12 200 arts to be OP at both roles. My tank is an alt. He’s got 3 200s but he got them the slow way. Took years. Most players only have time or money to do one role. But for this raid, 2 op tanks aren’t really needed. One for the first fight is it. It’s fairly easy after that. But it does get tiring. Other players just keep dropping so you’ll be down to the last of the bosses and have to wipe cuz you’ve got no healer or burner. Even if a troll goes out too early. Attrition is a large problem this time around since there’s a lot of mechanics. Instance chat sure helps but not many want to talk to scary strangers
    • Like x 1
  16. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

I had the intention of writing a massive response on the unfairness of tanking in duco and the constant criticism towards that role. No point.

The solution i found is stick with your league and friends at least then your allowed to make mistakes - Properly why you don't see any LFG tanks anymore.
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

Good, Elite-content tanks will be where most actually successful Elite-content players and roles of all reside; within their circle of friends and leaguemates. You'll occasionally find some great players/groups through LFG, and that's where the players within that group friend each other and send actual PM's to one another for the next group buildup, that..... Low and behold..... Will occur within a circle of friends and leaguemates.

Can't really expect much else, the Elite content is practically designed with this in mind. I don't really see much issue in finding all roles for the regular raid, unless it's during odd (non-peak) times. In general though, there's much more DPS's running around than roles. That's what happens when they focus on the game being so DPS centric.
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Just ran it a few more times tonight with my tank. Went back to ice the other day, rage just ain’t my thing for dps. Went smooth with a couple of randoms in group. Burn was terrible but had great roles and at least everyone seems to have mechanics down. But while we were in there, was seeing someone shouting for tanks for like a straight hour. Community needs to be nicer to tanks and realize they need to learn too. But for real, post that you’ll get lunges and I’m betting you’ll get a few takers. It makes it so much easier on the tanks
    • Like x 1
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

I actually tried to decode your message and i got it hahaha
    • Like x 1
  20. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

It depends on the Raids and content but sometimes it's just not fun to Tank certain episodes. Also I've seen Tanks get no respect when they do run and stuff is completed. Everyone usually thanks the Healer never the Tank. Maybe we as a community should be more thankful to Tanks in general. Just saying.
    • Like x 1