Booty new Omni box 'rewards'

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, May 9, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Seriously. Is there any reason that the collections from HOP1 need to be in the omni boxes? If you run Necro/Arti/Lockdown or even the Breech or Crime Wave alerts, you can get ALL of these collections done in like 1 run. They drop like mana from heaven and none are worthy of an Omni box inclusion. Might as well have the Metro/Gotham street signs in there.

The Harley's comics one from BOP being added is pretty terrible too, but at least there are 3 'rare' drops that you could pick up in there once in a blue moon.

BTW...not saying I expect every 'prize' in the omni boxes to be great. But there should at least be a shot at something good. Every one of the collections in those HOP1 sets are garbage...garbage you can get much easier elsewhere with almost no effort.
    • Like x 11
  2. nawanda Loyal Player

Well said. The new omni reward boxes, tinkered with for no reason whatsoever, are garbage.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

My opinion? If there isn't at least 1 or 2 'rare' collections, that collection should not be added. I know I've gotten things from the AF1 open world collections recently, where at least you COULD get a 'splintered spear' or 'small statue of Athena' or something of minimal value. I'd be fine if those were removed as they are easily farmable in OW...but at least...with some luck...you could catch a winner.

Those HOP1 collections? Nope....I'd say 'dime a dozen'....except that's a dime over valued. Bleh...:mad:
  4. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

People still run the Omnibus weeklies? Hmm. Yeah, I guess there are those that have that kind of time to waste.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The 3 Solos take 10 min total maximum. Alerts if you go in with 4 takes about 5-10 min. Raid? Depending on how many are in your group might take 10 min, depending on how many runs you opt out of. I generally won't queue a Omni raid with less than 3 or 4 min my group, so things will go smoothly. If you draw one of the 'quick' runs, you can be out in 10-15...a 'bad' one might take 20-25. Of course there are some which should never be run in Omni....that goes without saying.

Yeah...running the alerts or raids by yourself, it's a risky thing....but if you only run Omni with a few known quantities, and select you run properly, it's just free loot. Make no mistake...I'm no fan of the whole Omni idea, but free loot...yeah I'm a fan of that.

Not sure how it's any more of a waste than queuing up for the current E duo or alert(heck...even reg alert is a problem for some)...both of which can be daily shoot-shows.
    • Like x 2
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

Agreed. First week of the new drops, I had middling collections, but I figured it was just some bad RNG. Ever since, it's just been garbage after garbage. This week I had just run the HOP1 raid and the Omni box dropped a collection I had THREE of from the raid. Quite irritating.
    • Like x 3
  7. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Yea all garbo rewards this week.. if speed hackers weren’t enough of a reason to sour omni for me, this finishes the job
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yep. Ran Necro Fri night, I think I had the full set of the 'mantis' one including duplicates....opened the box..."oh yea!!...Broken Feeler...one of the ones I just deleted!!" Ugh...
    • Like x 2
  9. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Hahahahahaha I made a thread about those collections awhile back. The hop1 ones. Hahahahaha sucks
  10. nawanda Loyal Player

In the time it took you to read the thread and post, you could’ve run Joker’s Funhouse or Manheim’s Chinese Theatre.
    • Like x 4
  11. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Not only that, they should reduce the number of collection drops from those HoP1 instances in the first place.
    They fill up inventory ridiculously quick.
    • Like x 1
  12. KidKretz Committed Player

havent been excited when i get a box and it gives me a collection piece from "fragments of mantis" or "relics of the third world" as well.

maybe i been too spoiled getting much much better collection pieces in the past :p
  13. Reluctant Well-Known Player

Great analogy!
    • Like x 1
  14. Achikah All About That Base

I actually enjoy the new Omni boxes, but I'm highly biased to more furniture drops so take that as you will. I agree that the collections can be stale, but the addition of old OP catalysts in larger quantities has been helping a few leaguemates who just returned to the game and need those feats.

Also, the secret/broken loot table gave me new, unreleased Third World items to hunt for, so I've been doing Omnis like crazy. So far I've gotten the Third World Pipe, Third World Magnetic Ring, and recently Third World Portal Panel. Really hoping they get released as a drop outside of weekly boxes though given the loot pool is egregiously vast, but if not, just happy they're in the game now.

So ya, more furniture = better in my book, but I'm an outlier I'm sure.
    • Like x 2
  15. BumblingB I got better.

I like the changes, but I do think that common collection sets should be separated from the OP collections as an option.
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd guess you are the outlier on the furniture, but that's fine....yeah, there are hard to find ones in there sometimes. And those 'mystery' collections are nice to find (although it would be nice if they were not account bound). Also catalysts you may or may not get if you ran the original content...several times maybe even, also fine as far as I'm concerned...even if I have no use for them or they hold 0 resale value (as some do).

My main objection is those entire collections which you literally can complete in just 1 run of the appropriate content. Namely the 2 collections from HOP1. Omni should provide something that's either a chance of rarity, or not found elsewhere at 100% chance. Example, those AOJ op collections...while most are very low value, you are not guaranteed to get one on repeat runs of the AOJ content. Maybe even after multiple runs. Catalysts like Genesis seeds or Monitor energy do drop in their appropriate content, but not every run, and not in quantities like you generally get from Omni boxes. Each HOP1 run will give you 5, 6 or more of these same collections added to Omnis....there is no reason to add them to the Omni loot tables IMHO. Anyone who needs these simply has to queue up for 1 or 2 of the appropriate runs and they will be chock full of them.

It would be like adding a single soder cola...not even an extreme, as a line item in the box. Heck...at least the soder has a few $$ value if you are making buffs.

PS. I have a bad feeling that those secret/broken 'mystery' collections will end up with a piece that was supposed to be purchased originally (as the M1 collections did)...which in the end will be a frustration as we won't be able to finish them. I do like finding 'new' things, but I'd guess I'll regret it later when I'm missing that 'last' one.
    • Like x 1
  17. Achikah All About That Base

Honestly, these are all valid points. Only thing I'd argue is that some people's RNG is abysmal some days to where getting OP catalysts are as niche as gold collections. I know a leaguemate of mine spammed the BOP solo for 3 hours a week or so back and ended up with only 4 Canary Resonances. Given you need about 60 for max level, that's some insane grinding. On top of this, the old Omni boxes weren't a guaranteed thing for Gold Collections either. They were more common I'd say though, but I did end up getting some old augment cats a handful of times that I can recall.

In the end, it's all perspective. It's a pick your poison scenario really. I personally still feel this was a step in the right direction, but the loot table could definitely be fine tuned in the future. So long as the furniture keeps flowing I'm happy, do what you will with the rest of it.

Also, on a side note, as someone who received an Engraved Torque from their box after completing a Necro Omni and had 2 others in my inventory.... I do agree with the HOP collections being the worst.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah...that has happened to me at least 5x this week, ran a HOP1 content in Omni...got a HOP1 collection I had just deleted from Omni.

And that is the one (or 2 really) that I object to. Even if it were the 'Mementos of Mr. Miracle' collection from that same DLC, at least 1 of those is worth getting in a box (Scott Free and Big Barda's wedding...). The rest...bleh.