Clamp content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PickArole, May 8, 2022.

1. GameIsGreat. Well-Known Player

I’m also curious to see these new players that love this so much. Both arguments for and against clamping all come from people ranting/raving which is fine, but produce numbers or any kind of proof to back up this actually works. My (Xbox Us) eye test as well as Switch see a decrease if anything in players since the clamp. Haven’t logged in to my ps account in a couple years, so can’t judge from experience there.
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I don’t even know who you are lol. I don’t look at who is making the threads before I form an opinion. I’ve disagreed with people I like and have agreed with people who I’m not best friends with. If I’m disagreeing with you constantly than it’s your ideas that I disagree with and not your personally. You take take it personal all you want. Doesn’t bother me one bit how you take it.
    • Like x 3
  3. Civil Well-Known Player

This debate ends here. Stat Clamps shouldn't exist. Simple, however, each instance should have a clamp but not 10cr above, if 1 shooting is an issue, then do maybe 50-60cr above, I'm sure no1 will be able to 1 shot bosses even at a higher CR clamp. If this doesn't occur, then stat clamp should be only in omnibus, they aren't bothered to do clamps the right way, then make it a separate search, people will look for that experience to relive old times, and that's all It should be used for. No new player sees this as an advantage, they still aren't learning mechanics, still getting carried either way, their is no system besides getting to harder content/elites to even learn. If these 2 options aren't good enough, than theirs 1 option, remove stat clamp. If I had all the feats I had on my ps4 account for old content, I wouldn't be on any side, I could play devils advocate for both. But pretty much being a new player, needing to rerun content that people easily abused before hand for easy feats is also bs. I've had to run this content when It was new, and was hard asf, having to learn, and clamping just makes it harder for no reason. Majority of the time, most random players you find in old content don't like learning and do their own thing. That's the reality of the situation, its an mmo, not everyone wants to go endgame and do hard content.
    • Like x 6
  4. PickArole Well-Known Player

Well, if you had ANY brains you would notice I'm asking questions not stating opinions. If you don't like my questions, fly a kite and don't respond, that ******* simple!
    • Like x 2
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not discussing the clamp itself, but that statement...if they made it...is hilarious.

As if some gremlins came in at night and slowly snuck the stats up on our gear. Here, I thought the Devs were the ones making gear, artis, augs but instead they just spontaneously generated bigger numbers each DLC. Neato.
    • Like x 5
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Unfortunately, the only solution for feats is the same as it always has been....a made group. The issue with that (same as it always has been) is getting the last few people to fill the group. The clamp DOES compound it a bit where previously most anyone could have solo'd many old raids...meaning you didn't need anyone more than for getting 'in' something (where there are not multiplayer mechanics...like Khandaq), where now besides the bodies to get in, you'll need a few at least to help finish, or get your feat. We need a way to enter any content without the need to 'fill' the group. To me this is the #1 issue that would help feat hunters. "Can't get 7 people to do those Love and War feats? Well can you get 4 or 5? Enough to do the job? Then go in and get them done...without worrying about the 2 or 3 'missing' people." I dare to dream.

If it's any consolation, from the looks of Patchwork and 31st century...which have gone through the pre-clamp to post-clamp conversion along the way, they are erroring to the side of squishy. I'd guess, when FP, LOD and now DK get their treatment...they will be too. It won't be a squishy as if you were 100+ cr over geared...but it should be no worse than today.
    • Like x 1
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you don’t like people having opposing views than don’t post on the internet lol. Yes you did ask a question and I provided a lot of reasons why the clamp was implemented. You can’t seem to have a civil conversation with people like a grownup.
    • Like x 2
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I personally don’t like that excuse either but it’s what it is lol. I personally think that with all the changes the clamp received there will be a point when we are back to one shoting things again. It’s because 100% stats piercing. Eventually our stats will get so high that you will see the pierce alone lead to one shots. Thou that will be in the far future (somewhat far?)

Something I never thought about doing but might do is compare the dps increase each dlc. To chart how much the new stats increase damage and at what rate each dlc increases. I know that this dlc did see a larger than normal jump because of the state at which things were released after StU.
    • Like x 3
  9. PickArole Well-Known Player

And there's our winner!! Lmfao, it's only you I have the issues with, I guess you're child. Think b4 ya speak... lol
    • Like x 1
  10. Wallachia Devoted Player

Ignoring the fact that OP is an edgy teenager showing his anger over the internet because he wouldn't do that, IRL, let's see:

Answering your questions:

1. Clamp affects "old content". This definition applies to all except 3 latest episodes. You can 1-shot enemies in Doomed DC, but that won't last.

2. The game was never devised to have players and enemies going over CR 150. They just started giving out extra DLC that was meant for a "select" group of subscribers. The bulk of the players was meant to go up to this level only. When they gradually changed this, they started running into balancing issues. This led to the dreaded Advaced Mechanics, that led to Stats Revamp.

3. Older content was a challenge because of #2. Players could simply breeze through older content, including raids, facerolling everything. This caused a massive surge of high-cr players simply NOT playing new content and only facerolling older content. This both crippled players on new episodes, as they were out of actually good help to do their stuff, and players on older episodes, as they simply entered an instance and were left behind against leftover adds because the facerolles ignored them (and treated them like trash).

Stat Clamp is, in reality, a GOOD thing, and here are reasons based on facts, not on personal opinions:

1. The clamped stats mean that the groups MUST cooperate. It's either play along or fail, which was always the objective of group instances.

2. Players are required to know what to do, actually be skilled, at least enough to go by. This is not a full solution, because the game just doesn't teach you how to play the roles, you have to research that on your own. But still.

3. Facerolling has ended and the challenge level of the instances remains stable, thanks to this.

4. Your skills, SP and gear aren't irrelevant, because you get the chance to shine on new episodes. Of course, you have correctly mentioned the disparity, but, as far as I have seen, that can't be helped, because that would require clamping new content, which would turn #4 into a moot.

I hope I have answered your questions properly and have presented good arguments to sustain my claim. I don't care if you go edgy teenager on me, it's just words on screen and ignore function is there to avoid things like this, but it will be strongly appreciated if you remain polite to me.
    • Like x 4
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I can totally understand the skepticism, but when I step back and think about it, future-proofing an online game might not be as possible as with other games. New developers, designers and producers coming in can and will wreak havoc with any previous plans, and even if the game experiences no staff turnover someone that has a blind spot in their designs/design philosophy can end up causing problems with the game without even meaning to do so.

It doesn't help that an online game needs to be able to adapt to consumer requests/demands/preferences to stay in business in the long term.
    • Like x 1
  12. PickArole Well-Known Player

Lmao, nah... You stated an opinion and acknowledged it and then stated what you knew as facts. That's absolutely fine... I agree a clamp version is good, but it needs some good overhauling. I like a challenge but the old content requires good, not new players. That's my opinion on the clamp. Needing "good" players is getting REALLY hard to find.
    • Like x 1
  13. PickArole Well-Known Player

I agree completely... We should be able to q in with 6 of 8 needed and the game auto balance for 6 players. That would be great!!
  14. Wallachia Devoted Player

Personally, I believe we should follow the reverse path: have newer content be harder so the difference between clamped and unclamped content is barely noticed. Not harder as to make it absurdly hard, just barely enough for players not to experience what you did.

The biggest challenge here is to find a middle ground between all preferences.
  15. PickArole Well-Known Player

That sucks, but VERY good idea. (Slaps self in the head)
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

There's always the option of doing what you can and/or offering to help players that may be struggling.

Good players don't just magically sprout in the game. Some of them need help to get there.
    • Like x 1
  17. PickArole Well-Known Player

I let people ride the cape daily. The thing is, so many won't even help or even move an inch from the start point. It "seems" people are Qing up then just leaving.
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Letting others "ride the cape" isn't really helping, though. One of the biggest lingering effects of letting people barrel through content without the clamp is that people never learned, or worse, expected to just tag along without doing or learning anything. It's going to take a while before that way of thinking gets reduced or eliminated.

Offer info. Help others learn. Let them learn. That's how you get the good players, not by letting them coast on your efforts.
    • Like x 1
  19. PickArole Well-Known Player

Oh, I do help. Always asking if they know mechanics and what not. Plus, I do make them do their part. I don't expect a good player, just the best they have to contribute.
  20. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Ok, no. Don't ruin what little enjoyment I do get out of the game with a reverse clamp. I swear I'm leaving if they do this to me too!
    • Like x 1