Clamp content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PickArole, May 8, 2022.

1. PickArole Well-Known Player

This clamp content makes zero sense. From what I read, it's to make it the way it was meant to be played, Fair out the new players from the vets. Now, with this said. Why is it I can 1 hit MOST enemies in Flash, Doomed DC, and the New dark content, but older clamped content it takes 3 or 4 mass dets to take down common enemies? Before the "opinions" roll, think b4 you speak, because the stuff we play now will be clamped later and suck just as much.
    • Like x 3
  2. zNot Loyal Player

Really,they shouldve focused on other things instead of this clamp to me this feels like wasted developer time and shouldve instead been used to fix bigger issues/imbalances that effect the newest episodes.

If people wanna one shot adds on a 8 year old content,cool let them do it they wanna feel strong whats the point of stopping this? on the other hand the devs arent fixxing issues that cause alot of imbalances. Thats a good way to kill off the playerbase and making the community angry with a clamp no one asked for and then not fixxing whats actually needed to be fixxed.
    • Like x 9
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

“Before the opinions roll” yet you yourself talked from an opinionated point of view.

It is how it was supposed to be played. The devs said that they didn’t expect stats to get this out of hand.

Older content was running into bugs caused by bosses getting almost one shotted and then stuck in a phase. The devs had to keep going back constantly to fix new bugs in older content. The clamp made it so that they did not have to constantly worry about these bugs and instead focus on other areas.

New players couldn’t do anything in older content because endgame players would run through everything. New players can now better experience the game because of the clamp. This means they can start learning about mechanics before getting to end game and can also actually play the game. New player experience is important for a game to survive. Like it or not it’s a vital point for the games ability to stay open.

Some feats could also get ruined by one players not listening to the group. While it’s true that lfg should always be the primary way ti form a specific feat group it doesn’t change the fact that some feats were getting ruined by random who one shot enemies before anything could be done. This includes the tank trying to pull an enemy and said enemies getting one shot by the tanks pull.

There are many reasons why the clamp was introduced. Like it or not it’s hear to stay for the long term health of the game.
    • Like x 11
  4. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Clamp clamp clamp - Clamp it ALL! And cap everybody's in game money to a max of $999,999 too! That should be clamped also! Clamp it all!
    • Like x 1
  5. AJPro Committed Player

Like i made in a post… i wonder how that is working out…
    seems like now no one runs the stuff, other than some omnibus and then wipe.
    i agree god mode made the game buggy but how about event mode?
    old content should be as easy to run with current gear as event mode.
    taking as long as original is ridiculous and let me see the numbers…where are these new players who want to grind and wipe vs. being carried through tedious crap….
    • Like x 7
  6. PickArole Well-Known Player

Ummmm.. New content won't be clamped?? That's NOT an opinion moron! SD ypu NEED to crawl back under your rock. It will be clamped, that's NOT an opinion. FACT.... I can't stand your stupidity... Stay off my threads if you only come to insult my intelligence. I'm not after your opinion, I'm after the facts.
    • Like x 6
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It basically is event mode. If you are struggling as if it was reg than maybe you should find advice on how to improve. Players can steamroll though clamped content as if it was event mode.

And as for no one runs them. Yea cause preclamp it sure was a party in old content lol

You really are so full of hate and anger over a game lol. Maybe get some fresh air once in a while.

That aside. When exactly did I say new content won’t ever be clamped? And when did I insult your intelligence. If you feel the facts I wrote were right hurt your feelings than the Internet is the a good place for you. And yes I will continue to respond since this is an open forum.

So much anger lol
  8. PickArole Well-Known Player

You stated that my experience was an opinion in "your" opening statement. I stated my experience not my opinion. The statement I made was that the content will be clamped. You came in saying I'm stating my opinion, there was NO opinion of mine stated. Therefore you saying my thread was a opinion, this thread states that it will be clamped. You said that's my opinion, and basically I'm incorrect. Now, stay off my threads unless you can can tribute without your popular sarcasm. Thank you!
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Wow. That was as far if a stretch as I’ve seen in a while lol. If you have to connect so many dots for it to make sense than maybe you took things to personal lol
    • Like x 3
  10. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Sheesh.... ~smh~ ALL content will EVENTUALLY be clamped, key word here is eventually. Only the most recent 3 DLCs will ever be unclamped. Once a new one comes out, bam the most oldest of the 3 gets the clamp treatment.

PickArole, you should consider doing what I do, I stick to only the most recent 3 DLCs. I get to keep my full strength and power and it keeps my anger in check from playing clamped content. There will always be new feats to get when new material is released so don't worry so much about going back to clamped content for feats you might have missed. If you truly need those feats, as others have suggested in different threads, and it's true advice, form a party with people you trust who will all work towards the same goal of getting the feat(s) with you.
    • Like x 4
  11. PickArole Well-Known Player

Lol... It does suck! The feats are my goal too. The new content is a breeze, but there is so many feat points waiting to be claimed in old content. I guess I will try your advice and not mess with clamped content anymore. It is way too messed up atm. Thanks.
    • Like x 2
  12. PickArole Well-Known Player

From you, I do take it personal, all you do is slam me, so I'm slamming back.
    • Like x 2
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I’m still neutral on the topic but still understand both sides of the argument. I’ve run minimal clamped stuff but run enough to see it all. While I get that OP is out one shotting adds since we all do, I’d suggest a more fair comparison of clamped vs unclamped. Open world adds are weakest, then duo/ alert/raid/ elites. Compare those to their clamped equivalent and they’re fairly close. Yeah, clamped feels a bit tougher than FP will but compare newest dlc and it is close.

Group up and it’s not bad. Pug runs in any tier can be a disaster. Anything that has a group wipe mechanic will always be an issue. So take that out of the equation by running with friends. Basically, the more people you enter with, the more likely completion will happen. Players also give up a lotttttt easier nowadays vs how it used to be. 1 attempt and if it goes wrong, the team crumbles. 6hr runs were common back in the day. We still have those types of runs when going after no death feats but I never seem to see anyone new in those types of runs. It’s always the old timers.

The clamp solves issues. I’ll give it that. We were breaking the game. It’s now back to how the game used to be in that bad players will be obvious. They still have a lot more advantages than us oldies did when these dlcs were new. I’m all for the clamp sticking around if it helps to create a stronger player base. I’m just hoping that player base isn’t already so weak that they’d rather give up than do what it takes to win.

In the last month or more, I’ve honestly only ran 2 clamped raids. Doomsday with friends and false idols with pugs. Dd went extremely fast and easy. Fi was a disaster. Players left after 1 attempt at the forge master. No matter what advice I typed in, it was ignored and the rotating door started. Most were complaining that it was “way too difficult “ or swearing it must be glitched because nothing should be this hard. Told them they should have seen elite day 1. I was surprised we made it past 1st boss since no one was targeting phoenix.
    • Like x 2
  14. PickArole Well-Known Player

For SD. You wonder why I get angry huh. I'll answer that for ya. When I state an opinion, I say so, period. I'm stating experiences and you call them opinions. I asked a simple question in a form. Why is new content so much easier than clamped? There's no reason for it, it should be a similar experience not night and day difference.
  15. PickArole Well-Known Player

I'm not contesting clamped content, I'm contesting the difference between the 2. I honestly don't care about the clamp, just the hardness from new to old content.
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Well said.
  17. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

It was explained to me, in another thread on similar topic, that when in clamped content as an end game player, one will be stronger against the new or not at end game level player. It is against the other players where we are stronger.
  18. PickArole Well-Known Player

That defeats the purpose of scaling to fair it out in my opinion. New players don't stand much of a chance in older content. I actually used the omnibus to get my character built after level 30. I didn't start farming old content till I had about 200sp. I can barely get feats with my toon now... lol I can't imagine doing it from scratch or 30sp like new peeps must. Doing newer content to beat old content is pretty stupid in my opinion.
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I imagine clamped is a lot lot harder on new players. They definitely have the most hurdles in front of them anyway. It’s so easy to climb in cr but that doesn’t help them much in old content. I feel bad for them but it’s a solid way to learn. Hopefully
    • Like x 2
  20. PickArole Well-Known Player

My point is I guess, why is it we need to play new content to beat the old content? When I played the first time, I didn't have to do this kind of trash. The content was more than doable, but now I need to play 10 episodes ahead and go back for feats. I just disagree with how they run this content clamping.
    • Like x 1