Is OMAC Trinket the new Hologram Trinket?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, May 7, 2022.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

:) Discuss.
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I think people are using the circuit trinket that gives crits. If I remember correctly it shares a cool down with the buff trinket and can’t clip anything. But someone would have to confirm or correct that.
  3. KingFLT New Player

Well it has been used by most prec dps for quite some time now for the extra crits
  4. GregTheFarmer Active Player

No, the hologram trinket was used a clipping tool.

The OMAC is used as a damage buff because of the crits.

Yes the both give you more damage in the long run but they function completely differently. Now admittely the OMAC trinket was intended as a PvP buff thing only. But the devs completely outlawed all trinkets (except breakout) in PvP. So until prec became prevalent the OMAC trinket was just collecting dust and almost completely useless.
    • Like x 2
  5. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Not remotely, as others have said. Also, OMAC trinket has been being used since well before the Hologram ever existed. It's a marginal buff.
    • Like x 2
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The hologram trinket's intended purpose was purely cosmetic fun similar to the trinkets that used to drop in the vault. But an oversight in it's in-combat cooldown made it an unintended combat tool. The OMAC has always been an intended combat buff tool though I would argue that the introduction of the trans/strat cards was what made it a must have. But yeah, that's where the fundamental difference lies.
    • Like x 1
  7. nawanda Loyal Player

8. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I tested the performance difference on ST sparring target between OMAC and purple tier stat buff (323CR).

OMAC was worse but only by a few %. OMAC might perform better with ambrosia & claw stacking in group, that was going to be my next test.
  9. Ryll Committed Player

The OMAC trinket has never been useless. I have quite literally always had it equipped for buff trolling. Since buffs are based off health....
    • Like x 1
  10. Chewsy Well-Known Player

It only buffs your health by less than 0.04% if you’re at endgame CR. You’re much better off using a buff trinket, combat pet, henchmen, etc. If you want a % health increase, Heartthrob is your friend.
    • Like x 2
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Not even remotely close and the OMAC trinket is working as designed, it's mean to be a combat enhancer, whereas the hologram trinket was not.

Was this a stealth attempt to get the OMAC trinket nerfed Lorax? Did someone beat you on the scoreboard while using it? :D
    • Like x 3
  12. Proxystar #Perception

It does not share the cool down, it has its own cool down.

It used to be much harder to get when it was a vault only drop and super rare, now you can just buy it on the fate vendor, so if anyone wants one to use they can literally just walk up and buy it for 300 fate tokens.

It has always been a useful trinket, the only reason it's probably being observed more frequently now isn't because it's a difference maker per se, but rather that it's more easily obtainable and just provides any sort of benefit regardless of how meaningful.
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No I was just curious why every electric prec DPS I've come across is using it. It's a very strange thing to see when they pop it because they just stand there. I thought it was a joke at first. I'm thinking that can't possibly be good if you're just stuck not attacking for a couple seconds and they're never at the top of the board so... I don't know.

Anyway my question got answered... two days ago... But thanks for stopping by and joining the cacophony.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Oh well, thread got bumped I guess and hey better late than never :p
  15. Ryll Committed Player

haha...my post was sarcasam ;)
  16. Chewsy Well-Known Player

Lol, you joke, but I’ve seen quite a few full trolls running it in elite content. :(
    • Like x 1
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I only run it when trolling when both supply drops and orbitals are big no-no’s. That doesn’t mean I can justify its usefulness though…cause I can’t lol.
  18. appocolyps Committed Player

OMAC trinket also has a clipping bug that can be more useful than the crit buff, allowing you to clip anything non clippable together for a quick 0.5 of a second i say, i.e. allies, pets even non clippable powers.
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It’s a 2 minute cooldown and you’d lose the saved time benefit anyway when you change back since it essentially interrupts whatever you’re doing at that moment.
    • Like x 1
  20. GregTheFarmer Active Player

I said "almost completely".