Taking a stand for civility

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Quantum Edge, May 6, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So you dip if you see a support role, but you run a support role. So if someone else sees you and dips? Well, I guess that gets the run done faster, right?
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Meh... not sure that's 'taking a stand'. Taking a stand would mean staying and doing the role you were assigned...if that's troll, stay troll. If they want to leave, let them.

I agree however, tell me to change? Nope. Ask or suggest, and I'll think about it...or even DO it, but I have no toons that are role exclusive, so it's not a huge heartache for me to go DPS...I just don't like being ordered around.
    • Like x 2
  3. GameIsGreat. Well-Known Player

Did you read the post?

Hint: In the first sentence.

Oh let me just spoil it. (I stated I carry a set of dps gear so as to not be a burden in runs if my support isn’t necessary)
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This first sentence? Did YOU read it?
    I don’t even bother asking. I go in, see a support and usually dip after about 30 seconds if they don’t switch.

Not sure how I read that wrong....you enter...you see a role...you leave if THEY don't switch. If there are 2 of you landing in the same alert, it's a 30 second game of chicken then the remaining 2 guys get to backfill 2 spots instead of one.

Sounds fun. I do agree with your last bit though, everyone can play how they want....so keep walking out of stuff if that's how you want to play...I see no issue with that, even if it doesn't make a ton of sense, especially since you say you are willing to switch to your DPS gear as needed. That just goes 100% against your opening statement where you say you will dip out and run support 'solely'. Hopefully you don't pull too many runs where the other players are not doing what you'd like them to do. That's a lot of walkouts.
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I was in the watchtower and her and I were talking about how the game demographics had changed in more than ten years, a lot more women playing than there used to be. I also commented that a number of female goons are male players. Looking at the female toon standing in front of us, she said "that cape and those boots? Duh"
    • Like x 2
  6. GameIsGreat. Well-Known Player

My mistake, you just didn’t read any further. Go on ahead, you obviously didn’t upon writing your first reply, as my intentions and reasoning were quite clear. I don’t know how much clearer I could have put it. I feel like you may be a little upset that I called you out on it. Take a breath, relax. It’s ok. Toodles!
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Oh...I read it. You establish you run role 'solely' but then say you will switch to dps. If you run both roles (however begrudgingly)....you do nothing 'solely'....meaning 'only'....as that would mean 'only dps' or 'only role'....you obviously can and will do both on a case by case basis. You establish you will leave if there is another role, but seem to say you will switch if your heals are not needed.

You then insinuate in your reply that the first line is where you make your point "Hint: In the first sentence"....but then say that it's later in your post when your first line point is what I replied to you on...where you "dip after 30 seconds if they don't switch". That has nothing to do with other sets of gear or switching. You wait 30...you leave. Done, right? How about you wrote your original line to sound like some sort of bad-a ('yeah man...I don't care...I'll just walk')....but in reality, you'll probably just stay and switch role to dps as needed....as evidenced later in your post.

No...not upset as you are 'calling me out' on your very unclearly communicated 'point'. Seems you are upset about your poorly worded original post. No problem. You can continue to run as you want to run...you know...ONLY as role except when you dps....or leaving without question (30 sec) when there is another role...except when you don't. Crystal clear indeed.

Enjoy your runs...or walkouts...or whatever.

Toodles to you too. It's too nice to be inside today.
    • Like x 1
  8. GameIsGreat. Well-Known Player

Like you, I won’t read this, sorry you wasted your time. If I say you’re right, will you kindly go away? I’m sure there’s someone here that will do the incessant quote reply all day long thing with you.
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

It really was Reinheld's own fault, expecting words to be used in accordance with generally agreed upon semantic usage. That's kind of an unreasonable expectation on the interwebz.
    • Like x 1
  10. GameIsGreat. Well-Known Player

This is too easy, and so much fun. Great way to pass time at work.

Edit: These all day quote repliers are super annoying. Like a gnat in human form. Trying to have intellectual conversations about a videogame lmao. More added to the ignore list :) get me too!
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You are correct. That was my mistake. I'll lower my expectations from here on out. Words....like feelz...are apparently defined by the person using them rather than widely accepted norms nowadays.
    • Like x 2
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

You keep complaining about "all day quote repliers", but you keep putting replies out anyway. I love the irony. You strike me as one of those who think that they "lose" if they don't keep clapping back.

As the famous saying goes: "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win.........."
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'm now finding myself curious as to what her reactions would be from checking out the Costume Contest thread. LOL
    • Like x 2
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Dude....don't you know that this falls under the. "yeah...I know I said that, but what I meant something different...." argument? Of course that argument never comes with an actual statement of what was meant to be said the first time....just the fact that you are not allowed to repeat back what was said previously.
  15. Slow Burn Active Player

That was possibly me :(. I've kind of just stuck with the style I got when I came back and popped the CR skip. House of El 2020? I forget. It is ugly, though :).
  16. Comixfan Committed Player

Queued into the new event duo the other day and my random duo partner was in healer spec. I politely asked them if they could switch to DPS so we could get through the duo quicker and their response was a string of expletives that I cannot repeat here!

Needless to say they had to sit and wait for me while I sent an email to the DCUO toxic reporting address on my phone.
    • Like x 1
  17. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Absolutely, civility has to go both ways. If I can't DPS, I say why, and I'll ask if they want me to leave. I've run a few duos in the past couple of weeks with people in support roles. It takes longer, but ultimately it's a game.