Test Discussion Episode 43: Ally - Death Metal Batman

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    With the way Black Lantern Energy Steal is currently setup, you can keep it going with almost 100% uptime:
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Has it been confirmed that the power field is intended to proc in dps role for troll powers and if it’s intended to only give power to yourself?
    • Like x 1
  3. ButterflySiren New Player

I've heard on test that the pool from the black lantern energy steal only gives power regeneration to the user and not other group members standing in the pool. Is this intended or is this being fixed? If it's intended, then what would be the purpose of it being an aoe effect? Thanks.
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

In the last build that was pushed to test, Black Lantern Energy Steal was providing power to group members.
    • Like x 1
  5. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

That's a huge improvement glad it's changed.
    • Like x 1
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Haven’t been able to get on test due to work and the new dlc. Has it been updated to only give power back in troll role or is it still working as dps too?
  7. Ranmaru Developer

It currently works in both roles, I don't feel that the power back is strong enough to warrant locking it only to controller role. But I can think on it a bit longer.
    • Like x 2
  8. zNot Loyal Player

Well you will be surprised how much this effects gameplay id suggest being carefull i think you guys also didnt expect eye of gemini to give us almost unlitmited Supercharge.
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Thanks for the confirmation. Wanted to be clear about what was intended and what wasn’t
  10. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

As it is right now I think it's fine in DPS, even if it's toned down in DPS I think this should be more an artifact for trolls. I do feel however that troll role the cooldown is too long in that sense? I can see this was adjusted from previous builds. I was thinking of using this for my battle troll but as it stands with a 30 second cooldown I don't find it as useful as I thought. Maybe a compromise between the non stop spam of it of before and too long of cooldown could be reached?
    • Like x 2
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I did some testing on Black Lantern Energy Steal again today.

You can keep the Black Lantern Energy Steal effect going with almost no downtime in Controller role with the right build.

The odd thing is that in the current build, the caster gets the power ticks immediately. Group members that are literally standing right beside you don't see the extra power ticks until after the visual effect disappears. So the caster can keep a steady stream of power ticks while group members see more inconsistent bursts. In some of my testing, group members were able to get back-to-back stacks of power ticks from Energy Steal. Sometimes they didn't.
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    It is still really easy to get Cloak of Erasure to proc at very short intervals. Here is a demonstration using Taser Pull and Photon Blast:

So you can keep your damage mitigation and detaunt going with almost no downtime.

It feels like there could be some exploit potential here.
  13. Ranmaru Developer

Passive 1's timing should be fixed but I'm fixing this as well, I mistakenly had thought it was only passive 1 that had timing issues.
  14. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Could you explain how do you achieve this? I've not been able to reproduce what you're saying.
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The behavior that allowed the constant upkeep on Energy Steal was fixed a few days ago.
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Black Lantern Energy Steal triggers the Power Over Time effect in DPS role.

Is that intended to also work in DPS role??
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

• Like x 1
  18. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Yeah that's what I was refering to, it's not worth it as it is right now.
  19. IzzyLizzard dcuo Level 30

This support ability where up to 3 groups members get a heal when an enemy dies is not working. I can see it giving me the heal but no one I’m grouped with gets it. Is this broken? Thank you?