Studio/Staff changes?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, May 5, 2022.

1. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

This x 1000%

I really hate the direction he took / allowed the game to go down. I say that as a player who decided I didn't want the revolving door of cash grabs and stopped buying artifacts, stopped opening time capsules, and have never bought an ally.

To this day I have over 226 Stabilizers, 500k ally favor, and 17k in replay badges and I will not spend any until I feel like the game is worth it again. The majority of my replay badges comes from the Sony era when I used to buy stacks of the SOE currency cards.

I hope there is actual substance to the future of this game instead of RNG cash grabs. It's been a long time since there was a coherent story line to the DLCs and words used to describe them, like epic, actually meant what they are supposed to.
    • Like x 8
  2. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Its actually something that kept me away from the game for a few years. When I left, I came back about a year later, I was a little behind but nothing I figured I could make up in about a month. I discovered so many items were behind paywalls. Including feats. I did some quick math at the time, and it was going to cost me in the realm of $50 to $60 to get myself back to end game shape. That amount is pretty close to a brand new game (at the time). I with the exception of logging on once a year to keep my toon name, didn't log on to play for almost 6 years. When I left, I was a pretty dedicated player, legendary and 30-40 dollars a month. Instead, they got nothing for 72 months.
    • Like x 2
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This thread does need to remain civil. I would also caution against scapegoating or inventing expectations.
    • Like x 6
  4. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I recall weekly meetings with DC to get approval of things to be worked on. Is that still an aspect of company procedures Mepps? (movie promotion posters for lair/base and general game stuff they'd not disapprove of)

I'll keep an eye on EG7 press releases for a little while. So many acquisitions since it was released by SOE in 2011 for PS3 and PC.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yeah, of course.
    • Like x 2
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

One group gets paid to make the game and the other group pays to play it, can't really compare that. Loyalty means nothing in the workplace, if Studio X is going to pay you 100k more than Studio Y are you really going to stay with Studio Y just out of loyalty? Loyalty doesn't pay the bills or provide for a developers family.
    • Like x 4
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

*steps from the shadows*

My time has come. Where's that CEO job listing? LETS DO THIS!!!!
    • Like x 9
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

you guys need any voice actors?
    • Like x 3
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Oh god, flashbacks to your post from the other night telling us "we'll see" :p
    • Like x 3
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  11. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Wait...the guy that brought the revamp, artifacts, questionable decisions and cash grabs is gone? Mepps, tell me now if I'm dreaming or are we about to go back to the golden age?
    • Like x 3
  12. nawanda Loyal Player

Wouldn’t be so sure. NerdofPrey’s departure was unannounced, as was Katanikov(?) the former senior producer.
    • Like x 1
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

14. nawanda Loyal Player

I think on the whole, we weren’t. The only positive comments I’ve ever seen about feats in loot boxes were from the usual brown nosers and from players who, respectfully, didn’t have a lot of SP and saw it as a way to get their SP up. It is an utter disgrace, a sham, a travesty, that somewhere around half of all skill points introduced since 2016 have been in time capsules. It makes a mockery of the basic concept of gaming that achievement = progress.

I dearly hope whoever is responsible for the game’s future direction takes the same view.
    • Like x 1
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Yes, I understand how capitalism works, and I expressed neither shock nor surprise that people would move along for the usual reasons -- more money, more responsibility, better title, better benefits, a different location, a job that's just more interesting, general restlessness -- the possible reasons are many. I get that.

I'm simply observing that executive churn is bad for the game.

That said, it was Jack who liked to tote his love for the DC IP and for comics. I'm entirely sure he was sincere, but it didn't turn out to make a difference in his decision to stay or go. We judge people by what they do, not the promises and pretty words they say.
    • Like x 1
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Has anyone actually ever been for putting feats in capsules? I'm used to, at worse, seeing people say that they tolerate them. Not that that matters to anything.[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. Truvidien99 New Player

Hopefully this isn't bad news for the Marvel MMO that he was heading the project of.
    • Like x 1
  18. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Props. Some time away doesn't hurt but if you love the game, that is like going off to war.
  19. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

OC, they are hiring. Can you apply? I think you have great insight. I messaged you in game not too long ago stating how I think you would be a good fit. I also blew off some steam about... stuff lol, and you are right about loyalty, when it comes to 'x' and 'y.'
  20. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

• Like x 1