Artifacts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by YAWKCAB, Apr 29, 2022.

1. YAWKCAB New Player

Why is it so expensive to max out one artifact? there should be no reason i have to pay over $150 for one artifact, i'd understand if it was 150 for 3 but that is ridiculous. I know majority of the community agrees with my statement and i personally believe if the prices were to be reduced, the game would be more enjoyable. Just stating how i feel and what i think the devs should look into.
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You don't have to pay over $150 unless you're trying to max an artifact immediately, which is completely unnecessary. Everything can be earned in game (Nth Metal, Catalysts, Seals).
    • Like x 7
  3. ALB Dedicated Player

Here come the Captain's save a <insert>.
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’ve maxed out plenty of arts without spending a single penny. Last double nth week I maxed out clarion and didn’t spend a penny. So why do you feel you need to spend $150?
    • Like x 5
  5. ALB Dedicated Player

How did you get the breakthroughs?
  6. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

DR Fate and the loyalty points vendor can work wonders.
    • Like x 7
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

By being smart and using destiny tokens to get through breakthroughs. For most breakthroughs you can get past with just a seal of preservation. It isn’t until later rounds when completion become more economical.
    • Like x 7
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

As someone who has been VOCAL about the Artifact system and how the experience needed is absurd, breakthrough %s are terrible, and the system being on the MP is basically a P2W scheme. BUT, the changes recently have made it better.

- The addition of items like Seals and Nth Metal on the Fate vendor, awesome.
    - Nth Metal drops increased for Subs, again, awesome. Great perk for Subs. Usually this kind of boost is used for Experience leveling but we dont have that so yay.
    - Nth metal types minimized. Being two types that drops is great. I kinda can still argue the amount for sure cause sometimes it feels not enough especially when you look at how much XP is needed above Rank 120.

The ingame grind is better than what it was. There are times still waiting for that Double Artifact XP and that feeling needs to stop. If the XP needed was more balanced, we wouldnt be frothing at the mouth waiting for it but I msure its a banger on sales for the game.

All in all I like the changes and for me, my ingame experience with it is better. Im leveling Alt Arts much faster than before. Still not going above 120 b/c its a big ol bucket of meh. XP above 120 needs an overhaul. Or you know, froth at the mouth until Double Art XP.
    • Like x 4
  9. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It's only really bad for the first 3 because they're something you need to be super effective. After that... you have no reason to spend you Nth immediately and you can just save it all for the bonus weeks. If you play a lot you'll probably save enough for a new artifact or close to it every time it happens. But yeah... it is an expensive gateway into the elite game. As long as it keeps the game alive for another decade, I guess.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The main thing stopping players from having multiple maxed out arts is self control. Harsh I know. But it’s true. The “I must have it now” is what gets people to use up everything as soon as it is received. This is an extremely inefficient way to level up arts. Earlier I mentioned that I maxed my clarion with the last nth xp week. And that was the newest artifact at that time. Right now I have a tank 0 mercy. Next Nth week I’ll have enough to max that one too if I choose to do so. Every cycle I am able to save up enough to max 1 art and level a second Ray to 120-200 depending on what other bonuses we got between xp weeks.

Save up all nth metal to use during events. Take advantage of other events too. The devs literally gave us everything we need to smooth out art grind.
    • Like x 2
  11. Nangaf Well-Known Player

I cant be more aggred with your post, really really need to much NTH to ugrade an artifact, or maybe need to drop more nth in the game.
  12. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Yep I agree bro all of these changes are a huge bonus for us who sub up and the seals in-game and those flawless nth metals really helps out. As for this topic I would say it's so much easier to level up then before
    • Like x 2