Dev Discussion Episode 43: Return to Earth 3 Alert

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Apr 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Whaaaaa???? Elite plus alert as well or you mean it will go thru when the elite plus raid comes out? No wrong answer but I’d be pretty excited not gonna lie.
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well, that’s going to suck for my villain then. Have to blind queue everything because EU villain is a graveyard but glad you’re having fun, I guess.
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

There’s always event mode. Then group composition doesn’t matter at all. You’ll get head aug catalysts and the same amount of coins vs regular. The only difference is lower drop gear and no OP guitar pics/ food which you can get easily by doing dailies/ weeklies/ duos and raid. We’re 2 weeks in and that means I’m about 2 weeks away from just running my toons thru event level vs having to make a group/ wait for an lfg group. Not much other advice since having a villian on a lower population server isn’t something that can be worked around. I don’t touch my villians anymore. They’re now bank toons and that’s it.
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

There isn’t always event mode. It’s temporary. And open world/duo is pretty stingy with OP cats. Still working on the blasted necklace from the last episode. :(
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah that’s true. Take advantage while you can I guess? I always try to be capped on coins and done with everything by a dlcs ending so I never go back into anything other than for a feat run so I don’t think about it that way. I’d be using the broker for the catalysts if at all possible. At the least, players will be stronger once there isn’t an event mode so hopefully that makes random groups better. Do you only dps? Having a capable tank or heal can make it so it doesn’t really matter who you group up with. If I end up in a 4 dps group, I’ll just switch roles even if I didn’t que up for another role.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I was the same, trying to finish everything before the next episode. But the Legion Of Doom alert and raid were such consistently frustrating experiences that I ended up skipping them most weeks. Looks like that’s going to happen again with this episode. Wonderful. :( I only use controller powers. I wish all powers could tank, I make a tank every time there’s a CR skip and it’s so nice to not be made of wet tissue paper for a change. :(
    • Like x 1
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, non lfg (even some lfg) groups were rough for awhile last dlc. I used event mode a lot once my usual crew started taking breaks. They’re all back now as usual so I just get everything done quick and go into “maintenance mode” for the remainder of the dlc once they all leave again. Never had an issue finishing event lol. Didn’t matter if there were 8 dps. But some still died a lot so there were a few times I was soloing a raid till they regrouped. What kind of troll are you? Buff and battle trolls are pretty popular at the moment with players “in the know” since we’re aware of how beneficial they are in content like this. Anyone choosing to exclude a troll is their own worst enemy lately.
    • Like x 1
  8. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

I’ll have to give the wall strategy a try, though to be honest “here and there” hasn’t at all been my experience trying to yank him. I’m spamming hard taunt every time I’m not hitting a shield, and I feel like he barely notices me. It’s gotten to the point where I just swap into my battle tank build after
    The spores because He’s not interested in attacking me enough to need the full Dom shields.
  9. Nangaf Well-Known Player

i do many time today, finally is not so hard, need 1 good dps, i play tank with 3 dps and we succes easily, just need to stay far of devastator all the fight and it easy, i also do me (troll) with 3 dps, so finally dont really need a tank or healer just stay far and have 1 good dps
    • Like x 1
  10. AzraelR Committed Player

"Devastator is easy"
    they said

[IMG]

Calm down, I didn't stay more than 1 hour inside the instance. Actually I entered last and then the team managed to kill the boss.
    (that's when the scoreboard appeared and I got a shock with the huge list of players and the total time of over 1 hour)

My goal with this image is just to show that unfortunately yes, many teams fail to kill devastador.
    I'm not asking to nerf anything

I put an arrow and the chat in the left corner to prove that this photo is from the instance and after the devastator.
    by the way, don't ask me why it says "devatator" and not "devastator" there. I always thought the correct name was "devastator" (with an S). Maybe it's a mistake? haha
  11. Stranger Well-Known Player

Anyone knows how the fire feat is supposed to work with a reaction time of <1s ?
  12. Jcal Dedicated Player

Okay, this is driving me nuts so I had to make a clip. There is something going on with Ultraman, something that causes him to reset his hate table. This happens in almost every run. It'll happen at least once and in this clip, it happened twice. I'll break down the events as best I can.

* 1st Part: Starting at 0:00 - As soon as it's safe to do so, I pull the boss once (1st taunt). Then I activate my shield in proximity of the boss (2nd taunt). Finally I pull the adds behind me, right in front of Ultraman no less (3rd taunt). There is no doubt in my mind that I have aggro of all threats, so I make a break for the fake kryptonite. Result - when I turn back around, I do not hold Ultraman's aggro. Ultraman Lunging Right + Ground Pounds the healer which knockouts both the healer and a DPS (seen briefly at the top of the screen). WHAT??

* 2nd Part: Starting at 0:18 - I pull Ultraman once (1st taunt), then I do so again (2nd taunt). I then pull the adds behind me while Ultraman is in proximity (3rd taunt). Once again, I should have aggro so I head straight for the fake kryptonite that's in the left side of the room. Result - intended behavior on display. Ultraman calmly follows me. Unfortunately, the canister was simply too far away so Ultraman instead heads for a real canister. In this part, notice the DPS in the green aura standing to the left of Ultraman. It should be clear that this isn't some proximity aggro thing because that DPS would have been lunged if that were the case.

* 3rd Part: Starting at 0:33 - By far the most egregious occurrence. I pull Ultraman FOUR times (4 taunts). Then I turn around and pull the adds that have spawned. Result - when I turn back around I do not have aggro. Ultraman has lunged one of the DPS and knocked them out with Ground Pound. Unbelievable!

There is literally nothing extra going on here; nothing that should be causing a tank to lose aggro. I didn't see a Queen Diana Ally or anything like that (she sometimes messes with tank aggro). I know that the encasement attack (the new one) definitely results in hate table reset if the tank is encased, but that attack is not on display here. Additionally, there is no scripted lunge towards the group. The lunge is always to the person with the most hate, which should be the tank. I'm constantly seeing people die because of this isssue. There are runs where I've lost the healer and the worst... where we lost our only DPS resulting in a VERY LONG fight (for 1/3-1/4 of Ultraman's life).
  13. you and me we got this Level 30

+1 each time i tank ultra man i have to spam pull at him when adds spawn , also 1 thing also i notice when he is countered in anyway he just rushes to kryptonite other times he just takes over 10 seconds , but again its always me getting flamed for loosing agro even though i shouldnt
    2nd thing ultraman and devastator for some reason go afk in the fight i have a hunch its when they dash into lex or batman (not sure ) but when it happens i see lex and batman infront of them
    tried to reenact the bug to clip it , but no luck
  14. BumblingB I got better.

This happened to me twice. If Ultraman destroys a Kryptonite barrel before he does his lunge to the barrel, usually with a melee stomp to the tank, he stops attacking and moving altogether. He keeps talking, as if he is moving, but he turns into a HoL dummy.
  15. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

A general question about Superwoman’s area lasso stun: Is there any way to avoid or counter it? I only do regular, so my shields are usually fine to cover me, but even when I can tank her into a corner, it seems to fill the whole room so everyone else is caught out too. Lunging and blocking don’t seem to matter (in those cases where I’m able to react to the skull), but maybe it’s a timing thing. I just hate to be the reason the whole party’s stuck mashing the action button if there’s a mechanic I’m just missing.
  16. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Hello! Earlier today I went into the alert and Superwoman was there after the cutscene but we couldn't attack her and she was just stood there. We had to disband and re-queue the instance.

During the cutscene itself Superwoman was also stood still and not doing her normal emotes or mouth movement which may be of relevance.
  17. TLantern Developer

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback.

I have a fix coming that will prevent Ultraman's aggro drop. I've also increased the amount of spores you can absorb while in Doomed form, again. 5 normally, 6 with both augments.
    • Like x 3
  18. madaoturles Active Player

So is it not going to be changed to where we can absorb more than 1 at a time then?
  19. jolaksi Well-Known Player

When Superwoman fight ends it leaves players in combat. This has to go.
    • Like x 1
  20. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Will there be an Elite+ version of the alert or possibly even the duo? The patchnotes on the test server stated that the ultra beam will be doing more damage in Elite+.
    Was that a typo or can we expect those aditional modes in there?
    (The patchnotes only mentioned Source wall elite+ being added, thats why im not sure)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.