Fixed This is getting beyond annoying! Fix your PC Client devs!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Mar 24, 2022.

1. saagjpo New Player

I've played this game for years, today get an error similar to SocratesGS:

Log: Log file open, 04/18/22 22:29:03
    Log: Client version: DCUOT.531171
    Error: Error, appErrorf, "I/O failure operating on '..\..\DCGame\CookedPC\MAPS\GOTHAM\MGOT105\TCS\LOWLOD\MGOT105_TCS_002_P.MAP' Error Code 0"
    Log: Log file closed, 04/18/22 22:29:30
    Damn annoying too as I just purchased 2000 daybreak credits...
  2. leavemebee New Player

still crashing twice a day atleast
  3. leavemebee New Player

4. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Virtual memory. While that error is misleading in a sense, you can increase your virtual memory. You can increase your virtual memory. I'd suggest Googling it to get a better idea how to set it manually, depending how much RAM & HD space you have.
    • Go to the Start Menu and click on Settings.
    • Type performance.
    • Choose Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
    • In the new window, go to the Advanced tab and under the Virtual memory section, click on Change.
    • At the bottom of the new window, check what the Recommended value is and how it compares to Currently allocated.
    • If the current setting is significantly less than the recommended, uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives box at the top of the same windows and then click on Custom size.
    • Enter the Recommended value in the Initial Size box, and a larger figure in the Maximum size box.
    • Click OK to save the new settings
  5. Monkeyboy Committed Player

People crashing should check Windows Error logs. It's a memory leak in the code. When the game crashes or shuts down PC, it's a "fatal" error in software or hardware. Since it's a common occurance, it's probably software. It can be an API(application interface) to the OS, GPU driver or another process. Depending on the drive type the game is on, try defragging it, make sure it's not "at almost" full capacity & run a check on the drive (go to a command prompt and type "chkdsk /r "). Then reinstall game & another popular game that uses same game engine & see if both crash.
  6. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

New bug adventure on the PC client, but this time with a message/bug report :

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Stranger Well-Known Player

Since last week it became worse for me...
    Whenever I join the New raid SWE i've a completely Black map and Bosses being Almost invisible.
    Thats the New "You're going to Crash " Sign
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Altering the virtual memory does not and will not stop the game from crashing, reinstalling the game does not and will not stop the game from crashing, defragging your hard drive, does not and will not stop the game from crashing, doing a chkdsk scan does not and will not stop the game from crashing, I appreciate you're trying to be helpful, but literally nothing you have said actually is.

There is an actual legitimate issue with the game that can literally only be fixed by the developers at this point, I can actually reproduce and replicate the crash, it is a memory issue that will not go away until the developers fix it.

If you are wishing to prevent any crash for as long as possible then my recommendation is simple.

Do not visit the House of Legends, Do not visit Thanagar, Do not visit Atlantis, those three places will quite quickly put you on a path to overloading the games memory allocation causing a crash.

If you visit those places just be prepared to relaunch the game at some point and if you're planning to do a serious raid perhaps go to a base and queue from there on a fresh launch.
    • Like x 4
  9. Monkeyboy Committed Player

It's a memory leak. It happens when a program(s) have code that conflicts with another process, fighting for same memory. I was referring to that person saying a disk might be bad. I gave ppl instructions to check their disk & troubleshoot the game crashing. Just don't want ppl that don't know going out buying harddrives trying to fix it. You even quoted me saying it was a memory leak. So, literally everything I said literally is.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

It isn't fighting for memory, at all, that isn't what is happening, yes it is a memory leak but using the "term" fighting for memory implies you can fix it simply by either increasing your memory, such as expanding RAM or limiting other applications to free up RAM, or as it would seem you also somewhat alluded too when suggesting virtual memory, which of course is hard drive space your PC uses in a similar fashion to RAM.

It's also not conflicting with another process, if that were the case you'd simply close the other offending process, unless of course you're suggesting it's conflicting with a critical windows service, in which case feel free to point out which?

Expanding RAM, freeing RAM, expanding virtual memory etc, any of it, won't stop the memory leak, the game is crashing when it hits its memory ceiling which is only ever and can only ever be 4GB because the app is 32bit and that's how it's designed to operate within windows, even if your OS is 64bit, it doesn't matter.

Basically the game is hitting that ceiling and not clearing out assets from memory it no longer needs, so when it goes to load more it cannot do so, so the game spazs and crashes to desktop.

This is why textures turn black just before a crash, or just yesterday for example before I crashed Dark Fathers body in the duo didnt load only his head and cape.

I mean no disrespect, but the game is a bit of a mess, it seems to me it suffers now from being a bad PS3 port, or something that's where, I honestly think it still stems from, hell it's probably even mining bitcoins in the background, kidding, maybe :D

The fix for this is going to take work, probably reasonable work and hopefully the devs do so and commit the resources given its severity.

Unfortunately in the meantime nothing is going to resolve the matter, not expanding memory, not changing virtual memory and as you rightly pointed out certainly not throwing out your harddrive, nor reinstalling the game
  11. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Not sure if 31st century also causes crashes on the PC client, but that is a recipe for crashing the PS4 and PS5 game for sure. Like you recommend I try to avoid those spots, and need to do a fresh restart of the game to help reduce crashes.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Any world you visit is putting assets in to memory. It's possible that some are perhaps even functioning and others are not in terms of the assets being cleared post them no longer be required, however, some some are certainly not.

A lot of the newer stuff is definitely guilty, which is probably why this problem has risen its head only recently.

There's a good chance 31st Century and Wonderverse are also culprits, so I probably would include on that list.

Unfortunately though these places can't be entirely avoided, but it's good to know what you're getting yourself in for in terms of a future potential crash lol if that's even a thing :D

It is possible that you'll eventually simply crash even without going to these large, texture rich open worlds, it'll just take longer and it may be that you'll never actually experience a crash because your play time is simply too low to have it occur based on what you run on any given play session.

On PC you can actually monitor it very simply using the built windows monitor if you press the start button and type "Resource Monitor" then go to the tabbed named "Memory" you can then see the memory usage of the DCUOGAME.exe

If you visit the open worlds, you can watch the memory allocation climb, visit more of these open worlds and just watch it die once it exceeds 3.6GB, once it exceeds that sum, if your game is still running simply warp to the House of Legends and the textures will go black and your crash is all but assured, warping anywhere and probably doing anything, even attempting to take a screenshot using F9 will crash your game to desktop.

Unfortunately, Playstation doesn't have such easy system monitoring, if any at all to be honest, but there it is.
    • Like x 1
  13. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Never said expanding virtual memory would fix it. Was just explaining the process to be a troubleshooting step. Is not requesting memory that's in use or "lock" a process? Your play on words literally has the same context as what I said. Terms are interchangable to an extent in programming. Textures turn black because the PC can't render the object.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have made two changes to help alleviate the problem, which will publish in our next game update. We are still tracking down and working on the core issue or issues.
    • Like x 5
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm guessing this just has to do with the PC crashes, not the PS4 'teleport' crashes?

It would be nice if it made a dent in both. Fingers crossed.
  16. Wallachia Devoted Player

You guys are making want to uninstall the game and pretend this was just a long dream for me.
    • Like x 1
  17. Stranger Well-Known Player

I recently updated my AMD driver Software Version. So far i had no Problems since then. Maybe that was the issue... at least for me :D
  18. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

This is happening more than ever today, for me at least (around 4-5 times). Every time happens when we queued and loading into the game. Same happened for multiple people who were in the group as well. My driver is up to date and is not installed very recently.
  19. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Dear diary, today I crashed while in the watchtower, not moving, styling for almost 10 minutes.
  20. leavemebee New Player

still getting dcd ;)