Devs, brimstone elite.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Balistical Ice, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I have a question. I'm watching a friend (hes experienced and end game, bro knows what hes doing) and I noticed something. On Brimstone in the new elite duo, brim will stun him and then about 70% of the time drop an aoe circle right under him and I'm physically watching him try to break out of the stun animation and it takes him forever. And sometimes I will see him use the hand clap stun AND the Learneas amulet animation stun back to back and I personally think that's unfair. Is that intended? I gave it a run and the same thing happened. Am I just overthinking this or no?

I'm not saying the stun houldn't happen, or less often, but it feels all over the place and we SHOULD BE ABLE TO BREAK OUT WHEN WE HIT THE BREAKOUT BUTTON. Trying to break out of his stuns sometimes results in the game not breaking out as the animation happens and instead blocks for a split second. That could cause a wipe and has caused several wipes from the game not registering my breakout and I'm stuck under an aoe.

My friend says its irregular for him too but hes just a player so what can he do. So I hope him not I am the only one.
    • Like x 1
  2. nawanda Loyal Player

Sometimes in elite content mechanics overlap and players die. Other times, they don’t overlap. If you want to see a particularly pronounced example of this, check out the Professor Zoom fight at the end of The Royal War (elite).

Now, this is only a problem if you take the view (as you seem to - correct me if I’m wrong) that if players do everything ‘right’, they should always beat the fight first time. Personally, I think there is room for bad luck in the game.
    • Like x 1
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

If one gets tuck for a second (for whatever reason) and has to take a few ticks of damage from the eruptions, the augments help greatly for being able to survive that scenario.
    • Like x 2
  4. GregTheFarmer Active Player

So you're saying mechanics should be RNG based? Because thats just ridiculous.
    • Like x 3
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I agree, the completion of content should NEVER be based on RNG, you comply you pass, that simply. Mechanics should never overlap either, in my opinion they overlap because its either developed bad or for some reason the game simply doesn't allow for the overlap to be avoided, in which case you should question first and foremost whether the mechanic should be used in the first place, at least in my view.

overlapping mechanics that result in a feeling of RNG, in my opinion, ultimately lead to a dissatisfying player experience.

The CC against you as a player in this game is somewhat of control, in this particular content and with this particular boss, you'll be spending a lot of time breaking out and then evading, especially if you have the hate out of the two people in there.

In my opinion the control effects in certain content are notoriously over the top, so much so the content itself becomes a running joke as does the premise of the devs potentially creating an artifact that restricts your ability to be controlled :D
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

No, moron.
  7. ThisGuy89 New Player

I personally don't see a issue with this duo. It is elite. So it goes without saying that if your getting mad the duo, devs, game, or even another player then maybe you should follow mechanics better and maybe adapt better. Everyone wants to run 2 dps and just burn through it for the sake of speed which is hilarious to me because league mates of mine and i run it every day with 1 healer/1 dps or 1 tank/1 dps and complete it in anywhere from 10 to 12 minutes. I guess everyone wants it nerfed though because its too hard?? Not surprised by the laziness these days. Also if your pugging it with a random i mean what do you expect a flawless run? Its like a roll of the dice when random que.
    • Like x 1
  8. ALB Dedicated Player

The overlapping mechanics are crazy. Sometimes I get one shot and I don't even know what hit me. I was doing the duo earlier and just died. 250k health to 0. It has happened to me 3 times idk if an add has an one shot mechanic or not.
    The worst part for me are the adds throwing BB when he is about to explode. That's just cheesy
  9. Proxystar #Perception

You're probably getting killed by the fire beam, that is also choreographed using the same red cone as the fire waves, the waves don't hurt as much, but if you get caught in the beam then you're gonna get killed.

The only other real one shot is the explosion and the adds only come out just after the second one but before the third.

If your damage is too high it can actually cause issues where you're dealing with cone attacks, volcanos adds and the last explosion. It can sometimes pay to actually slow your dps.

If you're a tank take a breakout and cleanse yourself before blocking on the last explosion, you'll then suffer less from remaining adds block breaking you or alternatively take a PVE breakout trinket or kill the adds before his third explosion.
    • Like x 1
  10. GermanM Committed Player

In this duo the adds kill me when Brimstone make his explotion, how? they break my block and happens a lot. I hate when that happens xD, sometimes elite´s is more about luck and less about skill.
    • Like x 1
  11. BumblingB I got better.

There are too many compounding control effects during the Brimstone Elite fight.
    • Like x 1
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

There seems to be some misunderstandings with this duo. If you are dying to adds while there is an explosion than you need to adjust how you play. The explosion is done at exact intervals based on bosses health. If adds spawn and you continue to attack brimstone until he does another explosion than the death is on you for ignoring mechanics. Kills adds falls into mechanics since they spawn after the second wave and you can kill them before you even have to worry about the 3rd explosion.

When the fight starts he ALWAYS starts with the hand followed by a red zone. Hit brimstone 1x then breakout and role out of the red. If you’re worried about volcanoes than slow down burn to control when he does his explosion. You can literally control when he does the explosion. So if they overlap and try adjusting how you play.
    • Like x 3
  13. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yeah it sucks but when I usually run it we try to take out the Parademon adds first before you do more damage on Brimstone who will do his explosion based on his health. If you got too many adds on you and they block break you during Brimstone's mechanics you'll wipe. It sucks but it might be the progression the Devs wanted, you handle adds first and Brimstone second. Unless you can get to the point you can burn boss fast before adds swarm you. Or you have one of you Tank/Troll adds etc.
  14. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

It seems he does way more when his health is very low. Like around six or more. I guess the trick is to make sure you have no adds left and he's done his third explosion before you get his health low enough that he spams his eruptions too much. I'm not sure if it's like Poseidon and his water traps in CoP where they can't spawn in the same place again because the room seems too small for that and the eruptions do overlap on to themselves.
  15. ALB Dedicated Player

When I died from the one-shot, I'm not dying from any boss mechanics. It's just 100 to 0 real quick. Sometimes I can pop a soda.
  16. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Imma reiterate why I wrote this in the first place because I feel like people missed the point. I'm not saying its difficult. I beat it (aggravation included sometimes) but the stun from him is ridiculous. It's a hard stun. As in I cant break out. And if I cant break out and I die from his aoe that he placed, who's fault is that? Mine rght? Because I should have broken out sooner? Right? If that's the logic then lmao
  17. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I feel it. But my problem with this boss is not allowing me to breakout when I need it. That's unfair. I honestly feel likes it's a bug? Like has no one ever experienced a longer than normal stun breakout? I dont think it's my skill or experience. When I hit my breakout button I should be free. Period lol
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

That's not a one shot then, perhaps you're standing in a volcano that's not rendering or something.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Yes, I have and this isn't the only instance that does it. Like I said, no jokes, it makes you wonder whether they're planning to sell you an artifact, it can be that bad at times.

upon instigating fight, immediately controlled, break out, immediately controlled again, break out, have no power left, over lap 6 mechanics under my feet and lunge me, while being controlled for the 8th time before being able to even press a button, yes it absolutely happens and yes I agree its ridiculous :)
    • Like x 1
  20. GregTheFarmer Active Player

Oh, so you're insulting me, very nice and violative of the rules.

But putting that aside because I don't really care.

Yes. You advocating for bad luck in a raid is essentially proposing RNG based mechanics whether it be on the the timing or not. Because how else are you going to introduce "bad luck"? Instead of insulting why don't you actually have a discussion. Because normally when someone insults in discussion they have run out of arguments and just result to personal attacks.
    • Like x 3