Looking for a celestial tester.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Pale Rage, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I'm curious if someone might help me out a little, either on live, or test server. I don't artifacts leveled on my Celestial character yet, and I'm also not wanting to level the wrong one/s, so I'm hoping someone might check the parsers for me, if they can.

In both tests, I'm hoping you'll refrain from using any buffing allies so the numbers are more reliable.

1st Loadout rotation:
    Plaque combo clipped into defile, consume soul combo clipped into (start the rotation over).
    Artifacts: transformation, Quislet, grim.

2nd Loadout rotation:
    Heat vision, consume soul (no combo), into defile, into consume soul (no combo), repeat from beginning.
    Artifacts: transformation, Quislet, solar amp.
  2. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would highly recommend using strat card, as the dots and amount of damage ticks from celestial are just perfect for the procs.

I havent tested those artifacts but can tell you that with trans, strat, grim it does identical damage if compared to trans strat solar.
    There is a difference in actual content however. Heatvision is much more single target based as the celestial combos, making that combo a much better option if you want pure single target damage while having other targets nearby.

But like i said, having just a single boss will result in pretty much exact same damage numbers.
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

The main thing I don't like about the strategist card, is that it's very situational. I would only ever use it for ST, and only if I'm heavy on DoT. I had used it before on a few characters, but found consistently better damage using Quislet in place of strategist, especially on adds that die before the strategist gets a good chance to proc. By the time it would proc, the adds would be so close to death I'd be lucky if I got two hits with it.

For a boss rotation, strategist works best with using plaque clipped into divine (no combo) so there is a good amount of DoT being inflicted, but there again, it would serve only a ST focus damage. Granted, the solar amp would only be used for ST only as well, but would serve as a might buff until I got another artifact leveled up.
    • Like x 2
  4. Nangaf Well-Known Player

In dps side ???? All dps use the same artifact strategist card + transformation + solar or tetrahedron or quislet

use sacred light (or divine light dont remember the name) single no combo, it give dot to all ennemy so strategist can be active, after use plague each time you can

sacred light (no combo) + plague (combo) are the skill you need to use all the time, after use what you want when the 2 skill are in cooldown.
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I appreciate your input, but not all dps' run trans+ strat card. I know plenty who don't use strat for various reasons, and their damage is great. I myself am a very well seasoned player of this game, and my rotation suggestions on various powers are still being used in guides today.

Back to the ON TOPIC please though people, I'm not here to debate what people believe the meta to be, I'm requesting actually numbers based upon the requested rotations provided in the original post. Much appreciated!
    • Like x 1
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Can’t get on test atm but maybe a little input. Have you tried heat vision without solar amp? Gives you the chance to add a different art.

Divine light comboed clipped with plaque comboed clipped with consume soul into heat vision jump clipped into whatever is off cooldown. Been a while since I was celestial so don’t remember exact rotation. But I am sure it was HV back into CS after letting a few tick go in just enough to to be able to hit CS just as plaque is coming off cooldown. The amount of ticks you allow changing based on if divine light is ready to be recast. Also I might have also replaced divine for defile but all of that was a while ago. All this with rsk out and a slot for a sc

I personally used trans strat with quislet but replacing strat for grim should work fine too.
    • Like x 1
  7. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I was thinking, while I was reading the beginning of your post, that replacing HV with defile might be beneficial if running the combos. Celestial is a very powerful power in the right hands (knowing when/how fast you can clip). If there are adds near the boss, I also fast track the weakest add to drop a plaque combo on to get that explosive damage when it dies. So, I know celestial has multiple options for going through a rotation for better boss damage. I'll end up biting the bullet so to say, and switching a character I have all the necessary artifacts on, to celestial, just to test out a few combinations. I'm already getting (depending upon crits, and if plaque combo gets a crit) 80-90k/s/30s parser without having artifacts very high built. I'll probably just run a few raids with various loadouts to see what I'm getting the most out of.
    • Like x 1
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

True. If youre playing mainly regular content, strat card isnt the best for adds. Celestial is pretty slow on top when it comes to damage buildup wich doesnt help either in that regard. :D
  9. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I did find a very nice rotation, without HV, that has landed me some really impressive numbers (outshined my rage character about half the time on ST). I'll be putting it to the real test here shortly. Did the alert and duo with it, and hit some pretty high parsers without even popping neo venom. So I'll know shortly if I found a good loadout.
  10. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I prefer using defile since it's part of the powerset and you get the finisher bonus when the enemy health is low. Most current elite content requires you to be mobile, and I find my electric dps with both heat vision and ionic drain in my load out can get stuck or have to end a move early to move. The great thing about celestial is you can keep moving while doing combos. I haven't actually found a better loadout for adds than just spamming wrath combo clipped with itself, so let me know if you find something truly outstanding. I pretty much focus on single target boss damage where I feel celestial is very strong, and let other powers do what they do on the adds.
    • Like x 1
  11. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Ya, I've seen plenty of people not moving with celestial combos, and admittedly I won't move, unless I need to. In my rotation, I'll use wrath twice, "maybe" thrice, in a 12 second rotation. It hits good, but nowhere near as good as what I'm currently using.

Against sparring targets, wrath performs wonderfully, but it does give the other powers a chance to fulfill their duties (sparring targets don't die).
    Plaque, for example, will have an explosive spread that has the potential to deal massive damage. I'll use 'The One Who Waits' as the example alert.

Pick the weakest enemy in the group, dark Robin, or the laughing mech. Start by putting plaque on it, combo plaque fully on that add. When it dies, it explodes, and the other adds around it take serious damage. One plaque combo will usually KO a dark Robin, or very close. I'll clip that combo (plaque) into divine (no combo) to get another big hit (multiple adds) and the DoT going. One quick wrath (if close) or wither (if range) then target select the weakest add again with plaque combo. Then another wrath or wither usually finishes them off.

I'm very selective on where I place my plaque, I've seen the explosion from a dark Robin being KO'd take almost half of the health of the heavy armor laughing enemy's down.

Even on boss fights, if there's an add close to the boss, it's getting the plaque specifically to explode that big hit onto the boss.

My boss rotation is plaque combo into divine combo into consume (no combo) into defile. Then plaque back into defile, into consume (no combo), restart the rotation. Making sure plaque hits the weakest, greatly improved my numbers.
    Clip timing with celestial is essential to big parsers.
    • Like x 1
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I find quizlet better in most cases than strat as its faster to proc more reliable it does its damage even when you cant because of stuns or what have you. ive tested both and parse very similar but in actual content strat is too slow
    • Like x 2
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I got tired of running HV as its not a celestial power so I eventually let it go for something that hits weaker but faster and lets you get back to plague faster plus your not getting stuck in AOE attacks because you better able to move with out HV

was using
    Single target
    Plague(combo), DL (combo or not combo dependent on the situation) HV, Defile RSK, use whatever
    to
    Plague(combo), DV (same) consume soul not clipped, defile
    and was able to switch solar amplifier or strat to quizlet and find it parses more reliable and harder hitting in content third artifact I keep playing with grim just for the extra passive damage. and of course Trans with just about every build

consume soul hits lighter than HV but its much faster letting you get back to you big hit from Plague quicker makes the loadout flow better

Melee

admonish (combo) DL( no combo again situational) consume soul, Wrath of Presence,
    you can move WoP to consumes spot and put WD in for consume if you want a little faster but again your using powers not Celestial

I really want to figure out a loadout that uses haunt and smite as i just love the look of those clipped together but havent figured it out yet.

Ive done so much testing with this power there really are so many variations you can use and still do great. ITs a fantastic power once someone gets past the learning curve

with practice in Celestial yes you can move in the middle of combos but you have to learn the spots to move
  14. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Its highly dependant on the content and set up. In elite, strat is a bit better. With a buff troll using R200 Claw, its even better. Having EoG spam will make quislet much more viable, if you make use of the additional supercharge of course.

Keep in mind, that strat card is able to get buffed, while quislet isnt (beside the EoG spam scenario).
    • Like x 1
  15. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I really like the versatility of Celestial, there's a lot of viable options.
    I also like the haunt/smite looks, and occasionally have run them for fun in solo runs. Starting with divine then haunt, then smite. I will also throw death mark combo in for that shield explosion as well. It hits hard even as a healer.
    • Like x 2
  16. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Agree with you 100% on plague for elite content, or even regular boss fights with adds. My elite add load out is plague combo divine light, clipped with divine light, clipped with wrath combo clipped with itself x2 or x3 depending on how quickly things die. It's tough to see the value of plague in a regular raid with 5 dps on adds, but in elite I use it frequently.
    • Like x 1