What CR do I need to get purple gear dropd level 323?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aglorenzini, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

So I'm saving all purple drops from the new DLC cause I don't want to open them and get a low level gear.
    At what CR am I safe to open them and get 323 level gear guaranteed?
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

• Like x 4
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Mine opened to 323 fine at 366, but there seems to be a 'low' and 'high' point in the CR range where you can be over/under that breakpoint. 367 is 100% safe. 366+ 1 more substantial piece is probably good too. I like to edge up over by at least a weapon/legs/head/chest into 366 (or whatever the break point is for a particular DLC) even if that piece does not put me into 367, it seems to be safe.

You are correct in the fact that anywhere in 367 is good though.
    • Like x 3
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I can confirm that it is 366
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I can confirm that it’s also not 366 lol. Like Reinheld said, it can open 323 at 366 but it’s when you’re like 364.8cr and that’s hard for most to figure out. I tried at 366 on 2 toons, one got 323, one got 322. Had spare purple boxes to open so safe bet is 367. Unless they’re using the calculator and know they’re above that threshold. Easy way to tell is summon a pet. If it comes out one cr less than you, you haven’t hit the threshold. If it is also 366, you’re on the threshold. I’m trying to keep it uncomplicated you guys haha!
    • Like x 6
  6. BumblingB I got better.

366 only when you are at the threshold of the next number. So it depends on which gear piece combinations you have. It's just safer to do 367.
    • Like x 2
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Ahhhhhhh gotcha. Never really thought of it that way. Thanks for pointing it out lol
    • Like x 1
  8. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Alright, thanks everyone! :)
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

My rule of thumb is that if the piece that puts me over the edge is a ring, neck, utility belt, mask, shoes or hands....I don't consider myself 'ready' to open those purples yet and apply 1 more piece to be safe.
    • Like x 1
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

CR does extend to hundredths aka two decimal points. We just don’t see it on the screen. I didn’t try to open any purples at 366 but in building up to it I did find the below CR and gear attuning calculator to be accurate.

https://odyssey-gaming.netlify.com/cr-calculator
    • Like x 3
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Using that calculator, setting all gear to 319 (max blue gear CR), puts you at 366.85. Co-incidentally, purple starts opening at 323 at....you guessed it....366.85.

Hard to get EVERYTHING exactly to 319 gear though, but if you do...you are good to open while still being 366. You won't hit 367 without opening something that is over 319(vendor gear, a purple piece or TC gear)....as far as I know, overall CR does not round up even at 366.85.