The PS5 client update and maybe a few other things.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Perfectionswagg, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Perfectionswagg New Player

So I’ve been on break from DC for like a year and a half maybe a little bit longer. And tbh I just took a break that ended up being longer than that. Still enjoy the game and everything but I played for like 9 years straight taking a break just made sense and still does for that very reason. So I won’t be on here saying how much I don’t like the game and all that other stuff cuz I love the game and where it MAY be going idk for sure where it’s going or the plans fully hence maybe. But I DO know that the PS5 client update is exactly what will put me back in the game strong again. With the new reveal of the unreal engine 5 and the fact that last I checked which was a few months ago DC was let’s just say making more than enough money to be able to at least talk very heavily on adding it to the game I was wondering is that update going to have a new engine attached to it and if so will it and plz can it be unreal engine 5?! With the kind of money that gets put into this game by us and the fact that the engine we are on currently is so old I think a WHOLE new look to the game would be that thing that would definitely get me and maybe hella other ppl back to the game. I know for a fact and being a long time player of the game since I wanna say December of 2012 ( I started when Tier 4 was the highest content) that most times you guys imho try to save or hold back from going all out and giving out the highest updates available but I think this should be the one time you guys put a lot of chips into bringing this game up to date in the year 2022. Could you imagine how great this game would be with the newest graphics available to date on here?! Like really imagine it! You can’t tell me that this shouldn’t be the move to make for us hard playing/paying (still have my yearly sub on auto renew btw) fans who want nothing but the very best for the game and for you guys but you have to give us something like this where it doesn’t feel like this game is behind most other game simply because our devs didn’t want to take that chance plus it’ll open up more things for the game that you guys can do visually, art wise, and etc. I would like to know an update to what exactly you guys and planning with that PS5 update coming later on this year that btw was supposed to came last year cuz I still follow the game and get on once in a while just haven’t played hardcore in a year and a half. Whatever you guys can share and if you are at least trying to push for unreal engine 5 for us. You have no idea just how much this would bring ppl back to the game if you really decided to truly go all out for us for once I pray to GOD you guys do this! Btw I won’t be satisfied unless I hear it outta devs mouth on THIS POST! Tho plz comment with you guys thoughts and what was said before with post like this. I haven’t followed the forms like I used to do I’m behind in that tip. Thanks guys!
    • Like x 2
  2. Flashy Swagg Well-Known Player

Yeah I definitely agree man. With as much money as we put into the game it’s definitely something that should be on the table very strongly just for the simple fact it’ll benefit everyone the MOST in the long run with the devs being able to the very most in art and design and etc. and if they don’t have enough to give us unreal engine 5 they need to left us know what and how much they would need in order to get it for us. This is a damn near must have for us as a community imho due to how long we’ve had these graphics. Plz devs make this happen it’ll change the world of this game in ways you could never imagine.
  3. Flashy Swagg Well-Known Player

Devs there’s no reason we shouldn’t be able to have this! How much more support would we have to give in order to get this for our game we love so much?!
  4. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

It would be awesome yes definitely but definitely unlikely unfortunately. They have said to even put it on unreal 5 is building dcuo from the ground up pretty much a new game. The new marvel MMO they are working will be unreal 4 or 5 I bet but yeah going on any youtube video dcuo has released as of late 97℅ of comments are about this dated unreal 3 engine.

I forgot where I read it I think the producers letter of 2021 they mention the PS5 update will not be a game engine YET just a port and. At any event dcuo makes great money and has even greater potential then they even realize but EG7 knows .
  5. Flashy Swagg Well-Known Player

Then they need to build it up from the ground up and basically make the new game then cuz I feel like anything less than this ain’t gonna be worth all this waiting they making us do. The fact of the matter is we as a community put in too much money into this game to never and I mean NEVER get exactly what we want on the head. And it comes over a lot of times like they are being cheap. Now personally idc about redoing the game from the ground up cuz it’s 2022 and damn near all game should be looking like this video at this point plus this game so far behind on looks it would take a update like this to really redeem it’s self for taking so long. This kind of update NEEDS to happen.
    • Like x 1
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What needs to be done in order to make this work:

Every player has to increase their current spending by x100.
    Hardware for both servers and connection arent even close to support this level of gameplay consistently in a MMORPG.

As a single player game? Totally possible as you can see, although its obviously a highly optimized area/city wich took well over a year to create i would assume.

The future looks bright, but we're not there yet. Unfortunately.
    • Like x 1
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

If a MMORPG looked like this, it would cripple most GPUs, in this current point in time. Not really feasible currently.
  8. Flashy Swagg Well-Known Player

That’s a damn shame if that’s the case cuz idk how anything less that this won’t be a let down for most. Tbh I’m waiting for the update just to come back to the game full time.
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I’m hoping you don’t think that it’s going to be some sort of craziness. It will be the same game with maybe a bit more quality in frame rate and should be faster loading and faster in the ui. And less crashing. The ps5 has a lot more problems crashing than the ps4 at the moment.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment. It's pretty much a given that the game will not go to a different engine, and I doubt there will be any notable visual changes for the native PS5 client aside from 4K support and maybe support for a higher framerate (which will still be crippled when there are a large amount of people and FX on the screen anyway. I can get the game up to 700fps+ on PC in my base, but I'm still dipping into the 40s and 50s when doing an open world bounty with all the VFX happening).

The "biggest expansion to date" alongside a "graphical upgrade" are planned for 2023 according to an investor report that came out a few months ago from their parent company, but we don't have any specifics on what exactly either of those two things mean.
    • Like x 1