Resurgence Mega Capsule Suggestion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dstdnt, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

Hi, I've noticed a lot of complaints from other players and also found the issue myself when there is a Resurgence Mega Capsule release that they tend to take up a lot of space in the inventory with it not being able to stack, due to having a timer. My suggestion for it is what if they were stackable upon release, with no timer while they drop, and then on the final day they stop dropping, if they could all be hotfixed the following morning server restart to have the 14 day timer applied to all existing Resurgence Mega Capsules that aren't purchased from Marketplace.
    • Like x 2
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just have a hotfix 14 days later that vanishes any dropped mega caps in inventory/bank. But yeah....however they get them to stack, it would help.
    • Like x 2
  3. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

True, just thought it would be nice to implement the timer after they stop dropping so in case players say they "never knew about the timer". Either or, whichever can work best to keep players notified about the change of it expiring after that certain date, maybe in the announcement itself then of when they vanish too if that is the only possible option.
    • Like x 2
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The issue with the timers, as if it works like prestige tokens, which also 'expire' in 14 days, the timers work wonky when stacked. I'd guess that's why they never stacked in the first place, however if they made it so that they were all vanished after X days, that wouldn't matter. Also, I think there is a 'urgency' factor added when your inventory is bulging and you have to decide...'do I delete or buy some stabilizers to open'? Personally I'd never open any more than what my free ones will open, but I'd guess some will fall for that trap. Stacking takes that urgency down some.
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Remove the timer.
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

Sell them to the vendor and then if you still want them after the event has ended, buy them back. But also, who would want to hoard these to open at a later date? What exactly are you waiting for? If you intend to open so many that then not stacking is an issue (presumably well into double figures?) why would you need to be able to sit on them? What’s the real life use case where the not stacking is a problem? Just curious.
    • Like x 2
  7. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

Just based off feedback I've gotten from friends and also personally experienced while having max inventory/bank slots, even with the past 3 episodes and some of the helpful QoL changes we've had with more stacking and streamlining, I'm currently I'm low on space on several toons that I run, and can only imagine how it would be for players that haven't yet maxed those slots yet. Mostly wanted to suggest it as a helpful QoL change rather than revolutionizing anything with the idea, such as not having to go back to a vendor to sell it after each boss in an instance to make space for other rewards. To address your point, with how the changes to Stabilizers have been made as well, it could also potentially help open at least 1 more RMC before they all expire through Daily Login Rewards, but again not quite different from playing on the last day before they go, nor the point of the suggestion made.
    • Like x 1
  8. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

Sorry for the late response, thought about it and forgot to post, but along these lines, it would be nice if the Resurgence Mega Capsules could just have a date stated when they will disappear in the tooltip of the dropped RMCs itself and have them be able to be stacked, and then hotfix them out on that specified date, if it isn't possible to or too hard to apply the timer after making them able to stack.
  9. Great Architect Loyal Player

The sane way to do this is to make the perishable life of the capsules set to 21 days from the start of the event. All on the same timer. That covers the (usually) 2 weeks of the event, plus the 7 days grace you get after the event ends. Then we can stack them, because they all have the same expiration date.
  10. Great Architect Loyal Player

TBH I'm expecting the next Resurgence to be handled differently, since the way we acquire Stab Frags has changed since House Of Legends.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Again...however they get them to stack is fine with me. THey drop all to frequently...except for the largest of whales and I don't enjoy having to repeatedly go in and sell or delete them. Stack or opt me out past the 17 or 18 I'll get done from my saved Stabilizers by the time it starts. At most I'd get maybe 1 more done in the time they are dropping till the time they expire...Personally, I'll live.
  12. PolarisSylar Committed Player

I kind of wish those capsules were stackable . But the reason they are not because it are supposedly to be “ limited time event “ it expires after a certain point
  13. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

another thought..put them in the marketplace for 0 cost. We'll pick them up when we want to. (Funny that they stack league prestige on different timers but not the caps though)