Dev Discussion Episode 43: Open World

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Cadavern, Apr 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

In the context of the Metal storyline, all the Lantern Corps are united towards the same goal, just as all the other heroes and villains are fighting together, against their mutual enemy Perpetua.

So the situation isn't like it is in the early Lantern DLCs, when the various Corps were often, though not always, in conflict.

Digressively, but for the record, I'm not at all a fan of this whole Metal comic storyline, and am heartily glad it's done -- I think it overworked the "the threat must be EVEN BIGGER" trope to the point of being ridiculous -- but that's me.
    • Like x 1
  2. inferno Loyal Player

I may be being misunderstood. The weeklies are tied to helping out their respective icon five times. So after the fifth day, you can turn in the mission to the terminal and you get a special, quick mission that gives out 3 marks. Once you turn in this mission, the terminal immediately allows you to get the next five-day mission.
    Technically, I can skip 2 days and still finish the 5-day mission before reset. That's why I think it doesn't force me to run the dailies everyday of the week to get the extra mission.
    • Like x 1
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well youre not being forced whatsoever, but for the most efficient progress you have to do them each day since the missions are immediately acceptable again after completion.
  4. inferno Loyal Player

I actually like that it resets immediately. In the past, I have forgotten to go back to these terminals when reset day comes and I end up being left out on these bonus missions or ending up with inconsistent numbers for each mission.

Plus. I tend to look at it this way: On the third week I get to do 2 of these missions per terminal.
    • Like x 2
  5. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

Have seen Red Death under the dirt..ok I stood on top of him. No damage for either of us..he wasn't going to be killable.
  6. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the report! I've submitted a fix that I hope should prevent this from happening (once the hotfix makes it to the live server). If you see it in the future, after that patch, please let us know.
    • Like x 1
  7. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

The Bat-Bot Charger mission giver isn't showing up .
  8. BumblingB I got better.

The bonus mission terminals were not there at all yesterday in any phase. Was trying to show them to a leaguemate and they were gone. I don't know why. These really should be near the spawn area.
  9. Cadavern Developer

Let me check on that for you. I believe they were all actually moved closer to the central hub
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

Good news!

You're right. They're right around the Lincoln monument now.

[IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Well then, since I already had them, I didn't see the icon at the spawn place.
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

Ha, same here. That's why I was on my, um, brightly colored alt.
    • Like x 1
  13. Beta Developer

Sorry about that! Yes, those quest givers were moved, so, for anyone looking for them, they'll be around the Lincoln Memorial for quicker access. As well, a change for the Lantern Bonus Mission is on its way out, so it'll be colorfully cohesive, soon.
    • Like x 2
  14. beardrive Committed Player

Yep to this! Every toon I play on is missing one job from launch because of this; and as the days roll on, i keep seeing 2/5 3/5 3/5 and it's driving me mental. Thanks for moving them!
    • Like x 1
  15. Eve YouTuber

Question. Even if not possible for this episode, if we are going for the bucket missions (5\5) and then extra mission to get loot, can we see what loot we are getting and not have it being empty? It's really confusing and I thought I am getting nothing for completing the 5 missions on daily basis. The message is just empty so It's kinda makes you think you will get nothing.

Just personal thoughts!
  16. Godkingzero New Player

Has anyone else experienced this issue in episode 43 the creation energy catalyst for the adaptive augments is not dropping in any loot box not for weekly daily or 2 player 4 player or 8 player anyone else have that happen?
    • Like x 1
  17. Aetrius Well-Known Player

The downed lanterns for the weekly mission are getting separated from their activation icons. Apparently some of the UV lantern's attacks are giving the downed lanterns knockbacks and moving them away from the clickable cross that lets you interact with them. Usually it's not too far, but sometimes the lantern won't be anywhere near the icon.

Also think there should be a few more of the lanterns for this mission. I've had to swap phases to find enough active to finish this one.
    • Like x 1
  18. Eve YouTuber

I was going to report this aswell. +1
    • Like x 2
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Bad news about the Luthor fix: I’m getting subtitles now, but I still can’t hear him.
    • Like x 1
  20. Tygerfyre Committed Player

The text at the end of one of the 5/5 missions says return to the Washington Monument. But the mission giver has been moved to the Lincoln Memorial. You might want to update the text.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.