Can I Buy A Subscription For 1 Month to Create A League And Keep It Afterwards?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reluctant, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Reluctant Well-Known Player

Can I buy a one month subscription to DCUO, create a league, then let my subscription lapse, and keep the league?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes.
    • Like x 3
  3. KidKretz Committed Player

4. Reluctant Well-Known Player

I am not to sure about that, that is tricky facts, you can use your powers, but you will not be able to imprint to an armory with that power because you do not own it, and I do not think you can switch to your role, only DPS, you might not even be able to use role specific abilities like heal, I do not really remember, Best to create a free power, or use your membership points to buy a power respec.
  5. Reluctant Well-Known Player

6. Berza Committed Player

That's incorrect. After dropping Subscription you can still use your character normally even if you don't own the powerset. You can imprint and activate armories, switch role and use any powers in your tree.
    You may be thinking about Shield weapon. If you don't own it, your armories will be invalid if using it, unless it is the native weapon of that character.
    • Like x 2
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes.
    • Like x 2
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

You can do that, yes, technically. By technically, I mean you would have a league in name only as it takes time to earn the prestige to buy a league hall, purchase all of the league buffs (at 25,000 prestige points per buff monthly renewal required), and decorations.

Being a league leader is an important job which shouldn’t be taken lightly. You have responsibilities to the people who choose on their own accord to join your league to prove them with the best experience possible. You will have to a provider, a mediator, a friend to each one one of them.

Then there is the league maintenance I eluded to above with earning prestige to spend on a league hall first, and then on the league buffs which have to be renewed monthly at a cost of 25,000 in prestige for each of the 20 buffs. I think it’s 20. That means motivating your league mates to run missions, contribute, and grow the prestige bank of you league.

It’s a job I take very seriously as a league leader on the Hero side. Sometimes I never even get to do a daily because I am having to take care of a dispute or other issue; or perhaps a league mate needs me to help them with a mission(s) as try to increase their CR. There is a lot of sacrifice which has to be made to keep your league running and all happy.

I do not regret being the league leader of Thunder Cats Only, I view it as an honor so I have a duty to work the hardest for them that I can so that my league mates can have a drama free, enjoyable league that helps them to grow and get stronger. Being a league leader is not for your own glory or your own power, it is to make the lives of your league mates who chose to be a part of your league better so that they can make the most out of this game we all love to play. It’s for them. They are the reason for the league. They are the league. If you can always remember that, then you will be able to create a league people will want to be a part of and grow stronger.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reluctant Well-Known Player

Can I get a guarantee from you?
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm premium so sure.
    • Like x 2
  11. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Yes
    • Like x 1
  12. Reluctant Well-Known Player

thanks for your responses everyone!
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

There are no "subscription powers" any more. Everything you say here is wrong.

Once you have a power, you have it. End of story.
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Yes.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

You don't lose anything you created while Legendary. The only things that can happen is if you disband the league, you can't recreate it.

The same is said about Powers. If you made a Rage character, you don't lose the Powerset unless you used a respec token or delete it.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well there are powers you get with a sub (or have to buy the power pack) and yes...while you can make a toon while subbed...then let it expire, THAT toon can use the power, but you don't really have access to the 'power' like you do when subbed. Making a new toon with it, or using a change token to switch too it goes away with the sub.

But yeah, on that (or those) particular toon you set up while the sub is live....the power stays indefinitely. Now hopefully it's not on your 7th toon when you revert to premium....that's a different story.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Like the others said, yes, you can. And yes, the league will act like any other league, you can build it out, spend prestige, invite others, set ranks even transfer ownership of the league to someone else or disband it.... if you like.

However...if that's the only reason you want to sub, see if a friend or leaguemate can create you a league instead. When I was subbed I probably created 10-20 leagues for premium (even a few F2P) people for no charge (or maybe a small handling fee...hey...don't hate...I got mouths to feed). They create the league, invite you...promote you...then leave (or stay in) the league. You are owner from then on out.

The one thing I'm not sure on is if you can move the league. As it's a waste of prestige, I'm not 100% sure if you can do that unsubbed ....but why would you as it makes 0 difference if you are on the moon or at the bottom of the ocean. I believe you could, but am not moving mine to test that theory.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes.

Just confirming the confirmation.
    • Like x 3
  19. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I believe the one caveat would be if you have more than 6 characters and this particular character is in the 7th and beyond slot.
  20. Reluctant Well-Known Player

thanks!