Connective energy

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DoctorP2, Apr 17, 2022.

1. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

Is this as rare a drop as it seems? I've been running the open world dailies on multiple toons every day; the open world weeklies on multiple toons; the duo (normal) multiple times; the event versions of the alert and raid. Not a single connective energy drop anywhere. I know I can get one from completing a collection, but they've got to drop elsewhere. Is it only in the normal/elite alert and raid? If so, that seems pretty harsh for a basic augment material.

Or maybe I just have really, really bad luck.
    • Like x 1
  2. Time Beacon Active Player

Like every other thing in this game, you pays your money and takes your chances. There should be augment boost to increase chances like the op back catas
  3. Great Architect Loyal Player

Have you checked the description in the fortify screen? I'm not in the game right now, so I can't look, but quite often the ultimates are from the episode vendor?
  4. Proxystar #Perception

They're out there, just depends how much you play, with things like these; alts are your friend. I know the pain of bad luck though and sympathize with your plight.
    • Like x 3
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

I just logged in just for you :) . It's not on the vendor, but I have three in my bank. It drops, but where from I do not know. Next time I get one I'll let you know... but judging from me having three I'd guess at Large Loot Boxes.
    • Like x 1
  6. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

Thanks. Still no luck at my end, even after opening the large loot boxes from the three “special missions” this morning. FML
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

They’re rare. Probably way too rare. I’ve gotten 1, had to buy the rest to get a head aug on my main. Not cheap. $5 per. Ouch. So now I’ll just wait them out for the rest of the toons. If it was $5 for a pack, maybe I’d go that route. No idea where they drop from. I asked around and most answers were along the lines of “no clue I haven’t seen one yet”. Beat elite raid finally last night and didn’t get a single one from there so must be weekly loot boxes? 4 toons and maybe got 1 from there?
  8. Time Beacon Active Player

You can also get these from the market place
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

To be honest I’ve had the opposite luck lol. I actually thought they were more common this dlc. O still have 11 after getting my first aug to 20. I believe my second is at 11 but can’t remember off the top of my head (not on). Rng is rng. Some get lucky others don’t.
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I got loads of 'em. but! as Proxy rightly sez, alts!!!
    • Like x 1
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Is this the blue catalyst for the Adaptive Augments? If so, I've gotten 0 to drop since the start. I know the collections will give you one, but it seems like the drop rate for this one is off somehow. I've gotten greens and purple, but no blue one.
    • Like x 1
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I was assuming the red ones. I’ve gotten greens and blues. Never see the red head aug ones. Plenty of the OP red ones tho.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, I've been running on 3 characters, 4 if you count what I did on my alt account. 0 blue catalysts. Got one purple on BB and have seen a number of the green ones. I was even replaying some of the content a few times as well.

There is something off with the drop rate of the Adaptive Augment Catalysts. Based off this thread, it sounds less one color being bad, but the ratios of drop chance being off.
    • Like x 1
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, usually drop rates get adjusted so hopefully that’s all it needs. Sounds like rng a bit too. Since Deity is getting plenty of reds, I’m getting plenty of blues (not a ton but not bad), and the greens don’t seem nearly as rare as last dlc. Those dropped often enough I think, just needed a ton. I hate head augs. I’ve been doing less and less every dlc. Get one to pop the feat but I’m barely doing dual role ones anymore. Just running mights on every toon vs making 4 to 6 per toon.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Last DLC the AA cats seemed to be even distribution. Like, I would get an even number of them. The problem I had was the amount of green ones you need for breakthroughs. I really detest that concept. It's noticeable at higher ranks.

I too hate AA's. They are only good for that DLC and are to be replaced immediately after the next DLC. Then when you need to go into older content, you have to remember to switch. So much effort for EXTREMELY little gain.

I think the AA cats should scale by 1 each breakthrough, they don't. It should be 1g > 2g,1b > 3g,2b,1p and so on. Simple enough to remember and easier for players to acquire, so they wont be a dead weight in content. (FGSe as an example.)
    • Like x 1
  16. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

Yes, I was referring to the blues. No drops on multiple alts (7-8) since the episode began.
    • Like x 1
  17. Great Architect Loyal Player

They definitely do drop from the Large Loot Cache - but I only got *1* out of *7* LLC opened today.

I'll keep running and see if any / where else they drop, and keep you posted.
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’ve gotten plenty of all of them lol. I still have not bought a single catalyst and I have 1 head aug at 24 and the other at 14 (almost 15). I still have enough catalyst to do the final breakthrough on first aug but planning on getting the second up first to crease drop rates for op item. But in general I’ve gotten everything I need from drops alone.