Downtime Server Downtime - April 14, 2022 - Dark Knights

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 13, 2022.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

That’s what one schmuck said to me when he caused a wipe disabling them all and I asked what on earth he was thinking. Because having to start the encounter all over again including the simon says bit REALLY speeds things up. He started getting defensive when I said that.
    • Like x 1
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Haha yeah some bad habits can be learned. We tend to get the elite stuff done 1st so we can get dumber as the dlc ages
  3. Jaelia Committed Player

Yay super excited but sad won’t be on the first 2 days of launch due to birthday weekend fun :( but yay for new content :D
  4. JDIRS Well-Known Player

I know that some players enjoy having to wait for the stupidest person in the group to not make a mistake just so everyone can finish the instance, but I had hope that style of content could have been kept to elite or above.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reverse Sentry Active Player

Dunno if I should be more excited for the episode or the finally ending storyline ? :cool:
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

really?
    you can pug the raid and alert reg all day and get through them

just good rule of thumb for any content your sketchy about go in there with at least 3 people and you can complete anything
    • Like x 1
  7. DubiousOP Active Player

Since it is delayed for the switch, I'd like to request that you keep the current bonuses going until the episode available.
    • Like x 8
  8. Magnificent Loyal Player

Last night I pugged, it was the first time in months and it was the Elite duo. My duo partner was a CR 333 magic DPS.

I powered us through the first boss even though he died right at the end and then died again to Sinestro's first wave of pets. By that point I had something 100x his damage (we were both running as DPS). I mentioned to him I didn't think we could complete it because he was so low and he was nice enough to agree and leave (the replacement was on point and we blew through the rest of it).

I can only imagine trying to run something like Anti-Monitor or Terra (where orbitals cause problems) with a pug raid full of folks who don't know what not to do and do not read chat.

Prayers and sympathies sent.
    • Like x 2
  9. nawanda Loyal Player

Any chance of abstaining from posting non-sequiturs and strange drivel?
  10. Carsonthedoge New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  11. tukuan Devoted Player

It pretty much is isn't it? Certainly in the event version people screw up the Mxy games or drop orbitals and it makes no substantive difference. For normal I could be wrong but I think it's close to the same. I know I've been in a lot of normal instances where people have messed up the alert and while annoying it wasn't a wipe. For raids I remember some raid wipes towards the beginning but I'm reasonably certain I've been in normal raid pugs where people have dropped and the group got through. Hard to say definitively since I tend to just run the event version on my alts and only run non-event with my main and in those cases I almost never PUG the raid.

Elite is another story but then again shouldn't it be?
  12. tukuan Devoted Player

My understanding is that the delay is on Nintendo and the process they have to take to approve an update.
    • Like x 1
  13. Godtr0n Active Player

Its hard to believe there is any approval process for Nintendo having seen the state of half the games on the marketplace and the level of performance that must be considered acceptable. The bar must be set pretty low and they still make us wait... o_O
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Nope. :p
    • Like x 2
  15. Jords21 Well-Known Player

Got to release when I’m going away for 4 days I will miss 4 days of content
  16. PhilOsyfee Active Player

Very excited for the new episode and the finale of the entire multiverse Metal storyline. Can't wait to see them patch notes.
    • Like x 1
  17. Aethereus New Player

I'm patiently waiting to bring Metal to an end lol, and to finally get Blue Beetle's gear on my main let's goooooooo!!!
    • Like x 1
  18. Varkros New Player

How much is "5:30AM PT" on european time, and why post didn't include european time? o_O
  19. rimvader Well-Known Player

I think just like the 'mark of extinction' arrow in Black Manta fight, a red X should be on the player that wipes the team so they know they screwed up.
    • Like x 3
  20. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Happy birthday!

Yes, please!

I would actually like it even if only the player who did it got to see the X. I know some people just don't care, but I made more than my fair share of mistakes as a new player back in the day. When you're pugging, people often don't say anything. They just leave or kick, and then you're left thinking, what just happened
    • Like x 2