A Fun Day On EU PC

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Elijah Seed, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Nobody cares. I know. But I just wanted to mention the fun day I had today (April 13) playing on EU PC.

This past Saturday, April 9, I created a character on EU PC for the first time ever and started playing there. It was tedious and boring as all get out for the first couple of days - leveling to 30 is SO incredibly slow, monotonous and BORING! But I did it - the Doomed DC dailies, weeklies, duo, alert and raid helped a bit (I think I squeezed out a full level through them...maybe a wee bit more.) But what REALLY helped was the 2x Source Mark bonus.

I started the day today at level 25 or 26 (I honestly wasn't paying attention) and it took 5-6 hours to finish leveling to 30. I landed at level 30 with a CR of 31 which I thought wasn't half bad. I ran all of the omnibus stuff and a few missions here and there but only managed to get to CR 47. Then I remembered Tempus Fuginaut and the 300+ Source Marks I had accrued, paid him a visit and started spending them.

As my CR skyrocketed I queued for every alert and raid that I could hoping that at least one would pop - and they did - which gave me more 2x marks to spend on TF. And by the end of my day on EU PC I got in with a GREAT Gods of Monsters spam group and logged off at CR 217. Even though my SP is only 52 I still consider today to be a pretty good day of play.

I'm leaning heavily toward keeping this character on EU PC but still not sure if I'll play it with any regularity. But since I'm still riding the high of such a fun day I wanted to "immortalize" it before it wears off and I go back to complaining about how obnoxious and annoying the collision in DCUO is. :D
    • Like x 6
  2. Stranger Well-Known Player

Congratulations. :)
    Maybe i should think about releasing my diary in DCUO forums too... seems to be fun. :D
    • Like x 1
  3. Berza Committed Player

I really want to thank you for sharing your experience. This helps show people how false are those claims that our server is dead. Welcome, enjoy our company and please always remember that people here sometimes does not listen/answer to chat because they don't speak a word of English.
    • Like x 3
  4. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

You're welcome! And thank you for your kind words.

EU PC is far from dead but it might seem that way coming from US PC. There is clearly nowhere near as much activity on EU PC as US PC. But so far everyone on EU PC has been great. No trolls, no .COM spammers, no long drawn out sessions of profane/ racist trash talk - it really has been a welcome change from US PC. And thanks to IIIStrichcodeIII's answer to an earlier thread I started asking about the best times to play EU PC I've been able to forget that I'm on EU PC for a moment or two with how quickly I've found groups/ instances.

As for non-English players that hasn't been an issue yet. There is another MMO that I play that has both an NA and EU side to it and I learned in that game that while English may be a second, third or even fourth language foreign language folks tend to type English well enough to be understood. It's usually players like me that ONLY know English and no other language that tend to be an issue if ever there is one and its a testament to their patience and understanding putting up with players like me.
    • Like x 2
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

nah, I care. it's nice when people come of here & post stuff that's not complaining about stuff. makes for a pleasant change. good for you, chum. may you have many more.
    • Like x 5
  6. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

As an EU player, it's nice to see a thread that isn't all "OH, WOE! THE EU SIDE IS SO DEAD THAT I ONCE QUEUED 8 HOURS WAITING FOR A SOLO MISSION TO POP! DOOM! GLOOM! DESPOND!" :)
    • Like x 3
  7. nawanda Loyal Player

Also an EU player happy to see someone not crying about EU population. I mean, there were 18 active phases of the new open world last night. Couldn’t find the new Bat boss thingy in any of them, but that’s a separate issue.

Just a minor thing. EUPC hasn’t existed since 2015. It was closed, and all the players were merged into the EUPS server. Most people refer to it as EUPS/PC, EU PC/PS or just EU server.
    • Like x 2
  8. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Just going by how it is listed on the drop down menu on the PC launcher whenever I switch. I know that PlayStation users are the majority on US PC, too. But its nice to see other PC users from time to time. :cool:
    • Like x 1